Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Type lot for arcade?

Greetings!

First of all, sorry if this is the wrong place, so many sub-categories that I am not sure where goes where. As I couldn't figured out what this goes under I figured I would post here. Anyway.

I want to build an Arcade for my sims to visit and play games on, perhaps grab a coffee or a drink. But I don't know which lot type would fulfil that request. I know the coffee would work if I put it on "Cafe" but then I fear that all they do is drink and ignore the rest (they seem to drink a lot of coffee at the cafe XD )

So has anyone had experience with this type and could direct me in what to do?

Thanks for reading. Happy Simming!

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2016
    I categorized my arcade as a bar. It's one of those underground bars/arcades, with neon signs everywhere. Visiting sims usually have drinks and chat, which looks good and makes sense after all.

ETA: this is the look I kind of went for in my arcade

Barcade%20st%20marks%203.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I used café and put the café part in the corner. I haven't tested it yet but that is what I did.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I categorized my arcade as a bar. It's one of those underground bars/arcades, with neon signs everywhere. Visiting sims usually have drinks and chat, which looks good and makes sense after all.

Did they play the machines?
  • Options
    Zafireria wrote: »

I've only visited once to be honest, and only my sims played the machines. But if you have Get Together, you could create a videogamers club who hangs out at the arcade and set "play arcade games" as a club activity. When your sims visits the arcade, they will most likely find the videogamers club playing the machines.
  • Options

I've only visited once to be honest, and only my sims played the machines. But if you have Get Together, you could create a videogamers club who hangs out at the arcade and set "play arcade games" as a club activity. When your sims visits the arcade, they will most likely find the videogamers club playing the machines.

That's one way to do it. But I was hoping random sims would pop up and play or and have a drink.
  • Options

That's one way to do it. But I was hoping random sims would pop up and play or and have a drink.

If the lot is categorized as a bar, random sims will automously have drinks, listen to music and watch tv. I don't think they will automously play arcade games (could be wrong though, as I mentioned I only tried this once!)
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    What about generic?
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    What about generic?

I don't know if it's a glitch in my game but generic lots are always empty (something seems to prevent visitors spawning in these lots) so I never use this lot type.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @QDog strange, I dont go to lots apart from the home lot tho often so I wouldn't know with recent patches
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    I'd definitely be interested in knowing this as well; I love building arcades/entertainment lots.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I have a large lot that has two buildings on it, one nightclub and one arcade. When it's zoned as a nightclub, usually about 1/3 of the visiting sims will go to the arcade and 2/3 to the nightclub, but it's better than when I have it zoned as a bar. As a bar, they all flock to the bar and TV.

I haven't tried it zoned as a park though. I wonder if that would work better? Maybe the sims would arrive wanting to fill their fun bars and go play the games?
  • Options
    Sounds like there isn't actually a type lot for this, per say. Anyone tried Lounge?
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

Wow your graphics look so good. Looks so real!
    :p
  • Options
    Lounge will just bring in a lot of elders to the lot because they are attracted to lounges as far as TS4 goes.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Lounge will just bring in a lot of elders to the lot because they are attracted to lounges as far as TS4 goes.
    Retirement home confirmed XD
  • Options
    cloudmakacloudmaka Posts: 119 Member
    I have never tried this but what if you just built like a underground area and put all the essential items that you don't want them to use then blocked it off from your sims being able to get to it?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2016
    I have a Gaming Café that I converted a Windenburg café into. Because it is a café lot type, it attracts a barista to the coffee counter. I've got an arcade machine in it, and a Llama table, and there's a horseshoe pit outside. I think it's on the Gallery - look for The Play Grounds. (Get it? Get it? I was actually clever!) I made two clubs who hang out there. They're good at showing up :) The club directions help control what those Sims, at least, do on the lot. Mine are directed to games, the arcade, coffee, eating and being social, and they seem to end up with a good mix.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited April 2016
    I can confirm that generic lots, sims never visit on their own, I have a graveyard set as generic and when my sims visit, it is only them, no one else ever shows up...
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    cloudmaka wrote: »
    I have never tried this but what if you just built like a underground area and put all the essential items that you don't want them to use then blocked it off from your sims being able to get to it?
    The issue isn't items, its what lot type I need to use in order for them to use the item on the lot.
    I have a Gaming Café that I converted a Windenburg café into. Because it is a café lot type, it attracts a barista to the coffee counter. I've got an arcade machine in it, and a Llama table, and there's a horseshoe pit outside. I think it's on the Gallery - look for The Play Grounds. (Get it? Get it? I was actually clever!) I made two clubs who hang out there. They're good at showing up :) The club directions help control what those Sims, at least, do on the lot. Mine are directed to games, the arcade, coffee, eating and being social, and they seem to end up with a good mix.
    Bit sad I have to use the club feature XD But oh well if it works it works.
    Shades302 wrote: »
    I can confirm that generic lots, sims never visit on their own, I have a graveyard set as generic and when my sims visit, it is only them, no one else ever shows up...
    Should be a mod for that. Do you know if they do anything on the lot, when there are finally someone there?

• Options
    @Zafireria the mod for generic lots don't work like it used to since Dec patch. At least not in my game.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you want children, use PARK.
  • Options
    @Zafireria the mod for generic lots don't work like it used to since Dec patch. At least not in my game.
    I see. Well I wouldn't know, never used it.

Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If you want children, use PARK.
    Thanks. Aiming for mostly YA/A, figured having children/teen turn up as well was to push it XD
  • Options
    If you want mostly YA/A then you need to use either bar or nightclub. Kids and teens don't go there. I have a mod that limits the amount of elders in my game so I can't say for sure how often elders appear in the bars and nightclubs. I do know that if I have lounge and take my Sims there it fills up the lot and my game with elders.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    If you want mostly YA/A then you need to use either bar or nightclub. Kids and teens don't go there. I have a mod that limits the amount of elders in my game so I can't say for sure how often elders appear in the bars and nightclubs. I do know that if I have lounge and take my Sims there it fills up the lot and my game with elders.
    Thanks for the input, think at this point I have to experiment with it, since there doesn't seem to be a specific lot for Arcades/entertainment.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Bit sad I have to use the club feature XD But oh well if it works it works.

[/quote]

You might not have to at all. That was my personal choice because I was making cosplay clubs, and actively playing their members.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.