Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Eating

I know there has most probaly been a thread on this subject, but I wanted to address it so I could see your honest opinions! You're probaly wondering what the heck I mean by 'Sims Eating.'

Basically when a Sim eats, they don't tend to eat for most of the time. They chat and just stare at their plates! You literally have to wake up your children 2 hours beforehand because it takes them so long to finish a meal! Anybody else have to put up with this struggle? Lol.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Aye.

bloody characters

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Yep, and it's even worse when they start talking to each other and watching tv. I always have to cancel everything else they try to do while eating just so they can concentrate.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Nope. Every sims game has always taken about 3 hours for sims to get ready for work/school. S4 was no different. They just use the bathroom and showers quicker while taking a little longer to eat. In S3, it was the other way around, but 3 hours is enough in all the games.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Nope. Every sims game has always taken about 3 hours for sims to get ready for work/school. S4 was no different. They just use the bathroom and showers quicker while taking a little longer to eat. In S3, it was the other way around, but 3 hours is enough in all the games.

Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure my sim can spend two hours in the shower alone :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @AvaTheSimmer
    yep, it takes too long
    same as hand washing, showering ...

when you search the forums though with the words "eat" & "long" <<< you get all the threads so far made which address that subject already
    lots of simmers are indeed aware & unhappy with that issue :grimace:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    mylenaureliemylenaurelie Posts: 53 Member
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/10372-mb-faster-eating-and-drinking/ This is the only mod I believe fixes that, the one by Dr. Chillgood no longer works, but you should try this if it's a constant struggle :)
  • Options

I'm going to test it when I get a chance to play today, but seem like I have to get my sims up at 3am in order to be ready for school or work in the am
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure my sim can spend two hours in the shower alone :p

You sure that's all they're doing? :# LOL

But yeah. I always woke them up 3 hours before they had to go. Never ran out of time.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 if that's the case you better introduce your sims to them speedy showers lol
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

You sure that's all they're doing?
    :# LOL

But yeah. I always woke them up 3 hours before they had to go. Never ran out of time.

o_o

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    Yep, my biggest pet peeve with this one. In sims 3, it only took them maybe a sim hour. But in sims 4, it takes them 3 hours. Most of the time I only let them eat once a day and cheat their hungry needs up the other times lol. Especially my doctor sim. She never has time to eat on work days.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    The more expensive the shower is the quicker the sim gets clean in it.... so buy expensive bathroom fixtures and upgrade them as this shortens the time greatly. Also I think eating times might have been tweaked recently as my sim is eating and drinking a lot faster than a few months ago for sure.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    I must play differently because I've never really experienced a huge problem with this... Yes, they take a while but, even with one bathroom and four Sims (two children), I never need to cheat or anything to get them ready. The boys get up at four of their own accord, as their bed time is roughly 8-9 at night. As the parents shower after the children leave for school, and the boys either bathe at night or shower quickly in the morning, and all four end up eating and chatting at the same time and still have time to finish before school. If it's really a problem of having to cheat or be late to school, I suggest cutting some things like bathing at night so that you don't run into problems.

I don't mean to argue that it doesn't take them an age to eat, only that there's things you can do (outside of mods) to help alleviate it. :)
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    Also, something to note is, your children will eat at school (just like your adults will eat at work) so if they're a little hungry, per se in the yellow, when they leave, it isn't the end of the world. They will also use the toilet when necessary. I'd be more concerned about sleep.
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    I know there has most probaly been a thread on this subject, but I wanted to address it so I could see your honest opinions! You're probaly wondering what the heck I mean by 'Sims Eating.'

Basically when a Sim eats, they don't tend to eat for most of the time. They chat and just stare at their plates! You literally have to wake up your children 2 hours beforehand because it takes them so long to finish a meal! Anybody else have to put up with this struggle? Lol.

And then on top of that, if there's a stereo around, that gets cranked and they stop what they're doing to groove to the music. It takes well over an hour to eat. Doesn't matter what's on the menu, it takes way too long. Sometimes I want to take them by the ear and get them to moving, ya know :-)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,646 Member
    Y'all complaining about this? XD My sim just eats and stares at the salt and pepper shakers in front of him all the time. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    It can take up to 4 hours for a group meal to end in The Sims 2. Taking 2 hours in TS4 is nothing.
    The Sims 3 is quick because they don't acknowledge each other's existence unless it's player initiated.
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I get my sims up at 6am and they are showered and fed in time for school/work. I do have a sort of military routine with my sims though, lol. But I do agree though, I would like it to be quicker.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I had hoped, that by TS4 with it's "smart sims" as Rachel calls them, the sims would have some sort of rudimentary "lookahead" system to work out if they have to be at school in an hour and have two modes for most tasks "hurried" and "leisurely" to switch between.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    The most annoying thing that seems to add to it is the random idling. Even alone there's a chance in between bites that they'll sit and stare straight ahead, look around the room, comment or giggle to themselves, etc. Because of that sometimes it can only take 20 or so sim minutes to eat, or well over an hour. And once you add more sims to it the time becomes ludicrous.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    @Shearsy I'm the same as you, military, sounds pretty harsh but I'd rather get them up at 4am, so the kids have plenty of time to have the shower, eat breakfast and finish their homework before school starts and I get them to bed at 8pm, the teens will go to bed at 9pm and still get them up the same time at 4am.
  • Options
    HanQinHanQin Posts: 34 Member
    I am having this problem where my sim gets up while eating at a table to chat or hug, with the interaction usually initiated by the other sim. It's unrealistic and time wasting for a sim to stand up, holding his plate, just to chat or hug.

And then another thing, while my sim is eating at a table, a sim might come over and sit down to chat. The sim eating would then get up, bring his food over to another chair, sit down, put his plate on the table and chat. This is a glitch, right? Musical chairs? Are any of you still having this problem?

EA really needs to fix the 2nd problem. :s
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,354 Member
    I use a faster eating and drinking mod and watch the queque. If a chatting attempt is made when I don't have the time for it, it gets canceled.

What I discovered recently is that at least some of the animations still count as eating. I ordered a foodie sim to eat a half-eaten leftover. The first thing he did was taking out his phone. He took two pictures, then the plate was empty, but the hunger bar had gone up, despite the spoon/fork animation not having been played. Ingame it looked as if the sim had disintegrated his meal with the camera :o
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member

Still though this is better then TS3 were they ate so fast and then got up after 5 seconds and wouldn't even talk or eat at the same time.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I like Sims 3 eating, they all sat together, even though they ate fast but there were no musical chair saga that's in Sims 4 now, which is annoying and frustrating to watch, I hope EA fixes this real soon!