Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Get a Clown but no Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    @Sigzy05 Have you thought about doing some of the challenges to make the game fun....like the rages to richness challenge or the 100 baby challenge, or the many other challenges that exist out their, i see s lot of you-tubers make them into 30 or more videos serious....

I have thought about it, but the only challenges I can make are the ones that don't include babies. It's just not fun without toddlers.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    But.....I wanted the Tragic Clown too. I know it may come as a shock, but toddlers aren't the only gameplay features I want. There are many and many others I'll request for other Simmers too. #TeamBoth
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited April 2016
    Stop complaining! They're not going to add them. If you want toddlers, go back to TS2 or TS3. I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but seriously! GET OVER IT.
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    There are no points of comparison between the two. One is just the adult lifestage (by adults I mean; from teens to elders) with a costume and some new interactions. Toddlers are a completely new lifestage. I understand your frustration guys, and I agree with all of you, the lack of a life stage will always haunt every single thing they release until (or, should I say... IF) they give us toddlers back. Anyway, I'm really happy about the comeback of the Tragic Clown, he has always been one of my favourites NPC's. And I hope they keep adding fan favourites!
  • Options
    I think the Tragic Clown was SimGuruMeatball's parting gift too. So there was only so much he could do before he left for good. :(
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 Have you thought about doing some of the challenges to make the game fun....like the rages to richness challenge or the 100 baby challenge, or the many other challenges that exist out their, i see s lot of you-tubers make them into 30 or more videos serious....

I have thought about it, but the only challenges I can make are the ones that don't include babies. It's just not fun without toddlers.

I heard that @Sigzy05 you'll enjoy the other challenges. like i really enjoyed the rags to richness challenge or the max out all you skills and aspiration challenge....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    I hear you @Scobre
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @Katnip oh i'm over it i'm just concerned for other simmer who want to see it in the game....I will not go back to outdated games like the Sims 2 and 3 just to play toddlers, i like the Sims 4, Graphically speaking it's a better game...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    KatNip wrote: »
    Stop complaining! They're not going to add them. If you want toddlers, go back to TS2 or TS3. I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but seriously! GET OVER IT.

Ooh, don't cut yourself on all of that "edge"

As for the advice on not complaining...

*le snip photo to save space*

Edge, what do you mean edge? :neutral:
    @Katnip oh i'm over it i'm just concerned for other simmer who want to see it in the game....I will not go back to outdated games like the Sims 2 and 3 just to play toddlers, i like the Sims 4, Graphically speaking it's a better game...

Yes, but apparently you don't want toddlers badly enough to go back to 'outdated' games.
    tsk
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I do have to agree with this. :blush:

As much as it is a shame that TS4 is missing toddlers, they are still in TS2 or TS3. Toddlers where never removed from The Sims, they were just not added in TS4, not yet anyway...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Why don't you get over the fact other people may have issues they want to complain about?

There are many reasons to go back to the 'outdated' games by the way, not just toddlers. Because the only 'outdated' element in them is their year of release.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I know some players expect toddlers to come in a patch. But I think all the new interactions and gameplay requires a lot of work, so I expect them to be in an EP instead. Hopefully for all of you who are waiting they are coming soon....
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    I really wish they would just say yes or no on toddlers. I'm glad kids are getting recognition and we're getting restaurants, but they really really need to address this issue.

I don't think they're do-able. They won't say they're not coming because a lot of people would quit if they knew. IMO

This latest clown thing, no toddlers, an announcement of an announcement, no actual expansion pack any time soon, admission that Pets is not being worked on at this time -- has TS4 jumped the shark?

It seems like they don't know what to add, or they just don't have the budget (or team) to do everything. :/

budget says it all
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    that's what i said @Katnap and i stated i wasn't as concerned for toddlers like others, but would like to see them added because that's what the community wants...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    I hear you @james64468
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I do have to agree with this. :blush:

As much as it is a shame that TS4 is missing toddlers, they are still in TS2 or TS3. Toddlers where never removed from The Sims, they were just not added in TS4, not yet anyway...

First of all I'm not complaining, i'm just expressing how the majority of the Sims 4 community feels.....stop trying to make everything sound so negative....
    Post edited by ThePoeticPreacher on
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 unless you played the sims 2 and 3 when it first came out then i can see people enjoying "outdated" games....But only have played sims 1 and skipped sims 2 and 3....and found myself coming back to the Sims franchise when Sims 4 was released, at that moment the games had become graphically better so when i brought all the sims 3 game to get all the special lights in the sims 4 i decided to play the sims 3...visually i was disgusted by the game because i got use to all those HD very realistic and visually dynamite games...not saying nothings wrong with playing out dating games if a person can still enjoy them as is then good for them....I can't see myself playing old games when graphically speaking a better one is out....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 unless you played the sims 2 and 3 when it first came out then i can see people enjoying "outdated" games....But only have played sims 1 and skipped sims 2 and 3....and found myself coming back to the Sims franchise when Sims 4 was released, at that moment the games had become graphically better so when i brought all the sims 3 game to get all the special lights in the sims 4 i decided to play the sims 3...visually i was disgusted by the game because i got use to all those HD very realistic and visually dynamite games...not saying nothings wrong with playing out dating games if a person can still enjoy them as is then good for them....I can't see myself playing old games when graphically speaking a better one is out....
    As far as realistic is concerned Sims 2 and 3 aren't any worse than Sims 4. If you didn't play Sims 3 on highest settings I can understand why you were disappointed, but on highest settings the game may be slightly inferior to Sims 4 where graphics are concerned, but in other fields it's absolutely not and neither is Sims 2.

Sims 2:

018_zps0932e3e7.jpg

Sims 3:

Zwerver_1363_zpswyax3xl9.png

Sims 4:

28-8-15_16-54-2_zps9ufmv0mq.png

In the first place graphics aren't what make a game. When I said "there are many reasons to go back to the 'outdated' games by the way", I wasn't referring to graphics. And in the second place, if they were it certainly wouldn't be a reason to pick Sims 4 because it has some serious visual flaws.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

Many have done just that. I don't think they will ever add them either.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    As for "I can't see myself playing old games when graphically speaking a better one is out...." by the way, that's your funeral really. I played this game once and it was great.

archive-leisure-suit-larry.png

When I found out they'd 'reloaded' it I was thrilled!

2414016.jpg

Untill I started playing it :disappointed:
    If I'd recommend one, it most certainly would be the eighties version. And apparently I'm not the only one:
    "It has an aggregate score of 54.70% on GameRankings (as compared to 80.67% of the original version from 1987)."
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Yeah honestly I've always preferred gameplay over aesthetics. It's sad if the only thing going for it for people for the Sims 4 are graphics although personally when I mentioned things I like about the Sims 4 "how pretty it looks" isn't what I mention. I want more than shallowness for my Sims. After 16 years of the series being around, the Sims deserve more than that. The Gurus are more than capable of doing more than that. This is an AAA game not a kickstarter game. Plus with how much money the Sims 3 made, I'm starting to think the budget thing is just an excuse for them not wanting to do something. Not like the Sims 4 is that cheap either price wise. I'm tired of the excuses for the Sims 4. It's a game that has got to grow up by now especially after over a year. It's not really a "new" game anymore. There are other much newer games being released this year there that provide the same goal orientated gameplay of collecting and achievements too.
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes, graphics are just an additional feature, and they can’t replace good gameplay. And whether TS4 graphics are better or not is just an opinion really, as far as I’m concerned they’re much worse than TS3, everything looks like plastic and textures are blurred, and making the game realistic wasn’t the goal at all, it’s the most cartoony one from all the iterations.

Some comparison:
    TS2:
    PSr8dfP.png

9p8ajUf.png

TS3:
    tFXCZNb.jpg

LAwofSx.png

TS4:
    tel0XiN.png

0tV72dB.png

I think it’s a quite fair comparison, the pictures are from games including CC and mods.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile