Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Increased Alien Abductions?

Has anyone else noticed more frequent abductions? Or, if it happens once is your household simply targeted multiple times?

I've had abductions in game before but not too often, then this sim got abducted and since then they were abducted 2 more times and another sim in the household was also just adbducted all within the same week. I think it was each day in a row, too. I've never seen 4 abductions so close together so I was really surprised. I don't have telescopes or satellites or anything. Nothing seems to happen after they come back but just kind of weird so many so soon.

Anything similar happening to other games?
Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
ltx83WK.png

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Nope...haven't had an alien abduction since the re-tuning/nerfing despite doing everything to encourage it.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I restarted my game about two weeks real time ago and I've been playing every day and only twice with the same sim. Not as often as my previous saved games. I'm still waiting for one of my males to get abducted in this game.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Probs just luck.

Only had one sim get abducted and pregnant after the "tuning".
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Also, may I ask, do you have mods?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Nope...haven't had an alien abduction since the re-tuning/nerfing despite doing everything to encourage it.

I've had one whole abduction in the whole sims 4 game period .
  • Options
    @allieb312 yeah... this is one topic that makes me salty as 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I have to use a mod if I want alien abduction/pregnancies now which takes a lot of the fun out of it all :rage:

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2016
    No pregnancies here, female sims were abducted though. I do have 1 mod, but I've always had it and it hasn't been changed recently so I don't think that would affect abductions now as it's not alien related. It probably is just luck if someone else had it twice with the same sim too :)
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    It used to work that way @vintagesaturday that you would get more abductions after the initial one... but not like that now, well for me anyway.

• Options
    Huh, good to know! Just must be my sim is special then and has some alien friends who likes them to visit.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    I say go with it! if you're lucky enough to be getting abductions then make the most of it! :)

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Has anyone in that household been hanging out with aliens? I moved in Stella Terrano next door to my doctor sim, and the Dr. was abducted that evening as Stella was leaving. That Dr. has been abducted once again on her wedding night when she married Stella.

I think hanging out/having good relationships with aliens is being read by the game as "this sim /player likes aliens, lets give them more!"
  • Options
    @EmmaVane that would make sense. I think my game is permanently glitched (despite reinstalling etc) as my sim has been to Sixam multiple times, only has alien friends, is a scientist, has all the equipment on the home lot... (list goes on and on) and still nothing unless I use a mod.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,716 Member
    I have. It started when my Gen. 2 heir, who was already an Elder at that time, was up late partying. (In all fairness he was a Party Animal). He got back in the wee hours and I'll be darned, but he was abducted! Then his son, my Gen. 3 heir was about to get married. The guests were all there, the hired help had arrived. I was about to send him to click on the arch on the patio when 'cue the music' I suddenly noticed he had been abducted. He was a YA. I quickly had his bride click on the arch, not sure what else to do since the wedding clock was already ticking and an abducted Sim seems to be gone at least two Sim hours. To my surprise, he was suddenly returned. Then I thought to myself, I had just blown it. So, they got married. They tried for baby right away, and she got preggars. Then I noticed something a tad odd about him. The two were invited to a dance party and I did a double take, as his abdomen seemed a bit on the paunchy side. I snapped a picture. Then I swung the camera around to get a really good view and snapped another picture. By golly, he was preggars! His wife gave birth to a girl (to my chagrin, it's a patriarchy). A few hours later, he gave birth to a girl (doubly disappointed. I tried to have both prospective parents eat carrots and listen to Alternative). Then he gave birth to a baby alien boy. Twins! He had twins. He was abducted again, several Sim days later. The children were all in grade school. He was a full Adult by then, but no more babies. Phew. They already had 'triplets'. His ghostly great-grandfather (who was invited to live with the family by his widow) got abducted, too.

I'm blogging about this Legacy Challenge family, and this gave a lot of story fodder to be had. My Gen. 4 heir's twin sister was the last one to be abducted. Since then it's been quiet. Oh, and my heir has three children. They had a son, and then twin sons a short time later. Three lovely lavender boys.

It all begins here, for those who are interested: http://galacticgals.blogspot.com/2014/09/chapter-one-eriks-choice.html

If you prefer, this is the generation's beginning where the aliens hit: http://galacticgals.blogspot.com/2016/02/generation-three-chapter-one-when.html

I know, shameless plug. :*
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm just glad MC Command Center can help with it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I thought if you were in the science career it happened more or is that just more alien townies? I know once I went to Sixam there were aliens coming out the wazoo, but no more abductions.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    @allieb312 yeah... this is one topic that makes me salty as 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I have to use a mod if I want alien abduction/pregnancies now which takes a lot of the fun out of it all :rage:

Same :rage:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I have only had 1 abduction in my current household, and I have space rocks, and my sim is maxed out in rocket science and logic, and he has a telescope, and all the science stuff and a rocket ship, and i had him join the science career and I had him build that satellite to contact the aliens he has used it maybe 5 times now, the only abduction ive had was before all that at like day 3 of science career... and ever since, no abductions. But I have gone to the alien planet and met aliens now... but still no abductions... ):
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »
    I have only had 1 abduction in my current household, and I have space rocks, and my sim is maxed out in rocket science and logic, and he has a telescope, and all the science stuff and a rocket ship, and i had him join the science career and I had him build that satellite to contact the aliens he has used it maybe 5 times now, the only abduction ive had was before all that at like day 3 of science career... and ever since, no abductions. But I have gone to the alien planet and met aliens now... but still no abductions... ):

Why did they have to do this? Aliens were my favourite part of Get To Work, I was abducted once and never again it ocurred. I also dislike that males can't get pregnant by alien woohoo anymore.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member

Same here :(
  • Options
    That's all so interesting. I've noticed certain things in the game tend to happen more frequently for some and less for others. Like I'm getting abductions without having any objects/trying, and then I tried hard for twins (even buying 'fertile' trait) but never got any. It makes sense if they've been abducted additional times since it's happened before but I can't think of anything else that would trigger it since there aren't any aliens in my game I'm aware of and neither work in science career etc.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    Males do get pregnant from alien woohoo, it just hasn't happened in my particular game since females were abducted. Didn't @GalacticGal just confirm this?

In a previous game I had a male get pregnant by alien abduction, but that was the one and only abduction in that game so didn't seem relevant to the multiple abductions I've been having this save.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    Yeah, it's like certain games get struck with repeat bugs and yet others never get them at all. Even in my brand new games (after a complete reinstall) my sims still have the bug where the happy+2 moodlet from camping in Granite Falls gets stuck permanently on your sim, so annoying when you want your sim to be sad from the clown... aint gonna happen! My sims are always happy now.

• Options
    Males can only get pregnant through abduction, the males getting pregnant from woohooing a female alien was removed very soon after Get To Work was released.... unfortunately.

• Options
    Ahhhh, I see. That is really lame they removed it from woohoo & left it abduction only. I assumed it was still possible for the woohoo to result in pregnancy. Makes no sense to get rid of it like that. Thank you for explaining!
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    That's ok @vintagesaturday , personally I really liked that feature, crazy and something new for the sims. I really hate how the alien features were nerfed and changed. Admittedly at first there were waaaayyy too many abductions happening but now their are way too few.