Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Like It Short or Long Simmers?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    I usually play on long, until kids happen, and then I switch to normal. I really do wish we had the sliders for each life stage because the teen stage on normal seems to drag on forever to me
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I play with aging off in TS4, have done so for a long time now. I do play aging on in TS3 though.
    The main reason is the way I play the different games.

I like playing with aging on as you miss out on a lot if you don't in TS3 and I don't really get that attached so I don't really mind what happens to my sims all that much and to be honest I usually play for a sims lifetime and start a new save.

In TS4 I really like some of my sims and since this is the first time I actually have to wait for new content to come out (usually I have just bought all of it at the same time) I want to explore everything with my sims hence the no aging. I have a lot of fun this way believe it or not =D

I did the Time Keeper challenge a few months ago and then I had aging on but as soon as I finished I played with it off again ^^
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Usually turn off and when I'm bored with that lifestage I age everyone up at a huge birthday party :)
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I turn off aging to make sure I let my sims accomplish their life goal once done I turn on aging & usually leave on normal lol...I could always have them do something else, but for me it's just more important that they live out their dream's & after that marry, children, grim reaper & next generation lol
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Awesome! This forum has been resurrected. Let's see how many more Simmers prefer long over short...
  • Options
    DJNSDJNS Posts: 74 Member
    Definitely long. I started with normal but there was never enough time to get things done, especially when my founding family started to expand. I play in rotation so normal definitely does not cut it. If I feel a sim has lived too long then I just age with birthday cake.
  • Options
    herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    I've been playing with a long life span for three years (....wow) but just recently switched to normal. I feel like normal may be too short to get through all the cool content with children, but once they hit teenage years all their interactions are so similar to YA, adult and elder that it seems too long again. So for certain houses I may choose normal life span while playing them but switch to long again at other households since I play rotational. (I had no idea there was different ways to play with challenges and stuff, and I've been playing since I was 8).
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I guess I'm the minority with short span
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I'm a storyteller too and I use long or turn aging off so I can work on my story at my own pace rather than rush it to fit within the life stage. For example I had a child who recently aged into a teen, I wanted to make her have a rivalry with her older sister who was also a teen but about to age up to YA so I turned aging off to give me time to develop that story before she ages up.
  • Options
    revlonspamqueensrevlonspamqueens Posts: 79 Member
    I just play on normal and I definitely miss the custom sliders. In TS4 though I often feel like if I want my YA sim to advance in their career I don't have time to balance it with going out and a social life though. :/ so I'm actually taking a break from my normal legacy style playing to play in a different way where I can experience more of the social and partying aspects. But I'll still leave it on normal, I think long would just be way too much for me lol
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Thread title is an innuendo...

As for me, I'm playing with aging off until we get toddlers.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I play Normal until they hit Young Adult, then I switch to Long until I'm satisfied with their life, and switch back to Normal to raise the next gen.
    This is my compromise until we get proper age sliders.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I just came online just now to find my old forum being resurrected? Exciting stuff but I still don't judge rather you are short or long...Just saying
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I play with age turned off since I rotate between many households. I haven't aged any sims up yet. I play only with young adults, because of lack of toddlers my story doesn't progress. I don't feel inspired enough to marry my sims and create offspring. Also because the offspring always look awful in my game.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I used to play normal but now i'm a long simmer. 4 is the first time this has happened!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Cristal_SwanCristal_Swan Posts: 234 Member
    I love it long :blush: but sometimes it can be a strain so I try regular or short every now and then just to get things done simpler and quicker. :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    How about aging off? :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited June 2016
    Normal, I find short too short and long too long

If we had age sliders back I would be extending age days for a few sims
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    Ive actually downloaded this mod that has a custom life span and its amazing!
    esimania.tumblr.com/post/145634773003/aging-mod
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥