Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not one good expansion pack?

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
I just don't know but for some reason till now not one expansion pack of the 2 hooked me up to explore it and whatnot (yes I bought GTW and GT) and found myself rather using more stuff from gamepacks and stuff packs. I just feel like for some reason the expansion packs are rather lacking in either quality, content, or quantity. Here is an example, Nightlife in The Sims 2 had restaurants, clubs, cars etc.... Get Together has clubs....that's pretty much it. Also, as you can see they are making a specific pack for restaurants when it was included in Nightlife with many other features. Why didn't they just include restaurants in Get Together? The pack was already small and they needed something to make it stand out more but NOPE!

This is just my 2 cents. :p
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

Comments

• Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Well there's only two so it's not like you got any real options.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    yet...I'm sure there will be a couple this year.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi :)

I'm still waiting for the packs that will interest me. I was hoping this iteration would make more (3 expansion teams to make them good!) but they seem to cut the teams to one and now we get less- is how I interrupt the slow going/release. :(

Maybe one day we'll all get the pack/s which will hook us to this game. I'm playing TS2/TS3 until then. :)
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    GT is ok for the dance clubs and new world.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I cannot envision my sims world without retail. I really can't see them without clubs and pubs and darts in Windenburg.

I can't see them without a hospital where they go to have their babies. I can't see them without a possible abduction. I can't see them without Sixam. I cant see them without the island.

I can't see them without dancing skill and music. I can't see them without a deli. Or an art gallery. Or a book store.

I have NO regrets with these packs. I honestly can't see the game without either of them. They add that much for me.
  • Options
    MikeAM91MikeAM91 Posts: 165 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I just don't know but for some reason till now not one expansion pack of the 2 hooked me up to explore it and whatnot (yes I bought GTW and GT) and found myself rather using more stuff from gamepacks and stuff packs. I just feel like for some reason the expansion packs are rather lacking in either quality, content, or quantity. Here is an example, Nightlife in The Sims 2 had restaurants, clubs, cars etc.... Get Together has clubs....that's pretty much it. Also, as you can see they are making a specific pack for restaurants when it was included in Nightlife with many features.

Agreed. EA has gotten much cheaper and slower with their expansions.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    The two EPs weren't too bad. I like retail and the aliens and Windenburg but that's about it. They've felt small to me though, I'm waiting for a larger EP.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I use the cafes that came with Get Together a lot. Just about every sim day my sim ends up in one or other of the cafes. I don't regret buying Get Together or Get To Work at all. I do agree that they seem small in comparison with previous iterations expansion packs.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I can't imagine simming without the club system now that I've had a chance to experience it. It feels a lot more like my own Young Adult life when I was never home due to work or hanging out with friends at various places afterwards. I haven't done the retail thing in quite some time, but I really enjoyed it when I did. I also love living on the island in Windenburg.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    To all of you who are saying "I can't see myself without blah blah blah". Did I say I didn't like the features? Did I say I prefer playing the game without them? NO! All I said is the expansion packs are not as great as previous iterations so I don't know whatever you said because it is a total different story about the topic.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    I just don't know but for some reason till now not one expansion pack of the 2 hooked me up to explore it and whatnot (yes I bought GTW and GT) and found myself rather using more stuff from gamepacks and stuff packs. I just feel like for some reason the expansion packs are rather lacking in either quality, content, or quantity. Here is an example, Nightlife in The Sims 2 had restaurants, clubs, cars etc.... Get Together has clubs....that's pretty much it. Also, as you can see they are making a specific pack for restaurants when it was included in Nightlife with many features.

Yup. That's my opinion as well. Although GTW has a bit more than GT imo.

GP's and even some SP's are better than the EP's.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    It depends on the playstyle really. I dio enjoy both of them very much, even thought I thought I wouldn't enjoy GT at first. I can see why you wouldn't enjoy them tho. Game packs are amazing- I like them a lot too. Etspecially OR.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yup. That's my opinion as well. Although GTW has a bit more than GT imo.

GP's and even some SP's are better than the EP's.

Yes GTW included a lot of content but that content didn't have any quality imo ;)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I use the cafes that came with Get Together a lot. Just about every sim day my sim ends up in one or other of the cafes. I don't regret buying Get Together or Get To Work at all. I do agree that they seem small in comparison with previous iterations expansion packs.

As soon as I put my hands on restaurants I be like "GT bye!". Cafes and the expresso machines are great but....they aren't restaurants. Just one more reason to not need GT.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    It depends on the playstyle really. I dio enjoy both of them very much, even thought I thought I wouldn't enjoy GT at first. I can see why you wouldn't enjoy them tho. Game packs are amazing- I like them a lot too. Etspecially OR.

Again, I didn't say I didn't enjoy them (I said something along the lines of I don't play with them a lot compared to stuff packs and game packs), but you can say that I enjoyed The Sims 2 and 3 expansion packs WAY MORE. In The Sims 4 they just seem rather lacking.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    @Wulfsimmer Ah, sorry for being msitaken on that one.I can see your point.
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    I like both expansion packs in some ways, but I do understand how they are lacking compared to the sims 3 expansion packs. Would really love to see a sims 4 university life EP sometime in the future, as I want my sims to experience life before getting a job after aging up to a young adult.
  • Options
    @Wulfsimmer Ah, sorry for being msitaken on that one.I can see your point.

Nah your not actually, what I said is so similar to what you said so it can be easily confused with :p . Also, I actually do a little bit not enjoy them so yea lol.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited April 2016
    I was going to edit my text and add something but the whole text disappeared instead :blush: Oh well, wasn't that important - Don't mind me :smile:
    Post edited by JackOnYourBack on
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    It just depends on how you play.

Get Together is still bigger than some EP's from Sims 2/3 that were considered fan favourites (OFB/Generations/FreeTime/ApartmentLife) and Get To Work is literally huge, but can feel small to those who only use certain aspects to it.
    GTW also feels smaller without a full sized world attached but has more new gameplay than Ambitions or Showtime.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Although I love the Expansion packs, I don't use them that often. I never ever use Get to work and I sometimes use Get Together for the world and clothing/objects. I use the Game packs and Stuff packs more actually, which is kind of odd. So I hope the next packs are more.. family/everyday wise gameplay, you know, something they can do often.

Like yoga or going to the spa, or camping, I love those things!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    I love both of them. Love GTW for the active careers, so much fun to follow your sim to work, and I love retail for making my towns interesting with different types of shops and of course being able to own your own. GT really changed the way you can control sims, it really enhances my playstyle in every possible way. And Windenburg is amazing :smile:
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    It just depends on how you play.

Get Together is still bigger than some EP's from Sims 2/3 that were considered fan favourites (OFB/Generations/FreeTime/ApartmentLife) and Get To Work is literally huge, but can feel small to those who only use certain aspects to it.
    GTW also feels smaller without a full sized world attached but has more new gameplay than Ambitions or Showtime.

I am sorry but I am just done, literally done.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    I love both of them. Love GTW for the active careers, so much fun to follow your sim to work, and I love retail for making my towns interesting with different types of shops and of course being able to own your own. GT really changed the way you can control sims, it really enhances my playstyle in every possible way. And Windenburg is amazing :smile:

I love the disguised Aliens. It's my absolute favorite thing in GTW, which I'm still really enjoying otherwise - I've only finished one active career (Scientist was a lot of fun) and just started another. They're a little linear so I might not replay them, but it's a lot of play hours to do them all even once, at least the way I play.

GT is a true game-changer - I can't imagine playing without it. I've been populating whole worlds for years. Now when I do that I can also add who hangs with whom, doing what, in the background. There's a sense in which I feel like it's given me Create-a-World, but for people instead of places. Everything happening around my Sims just popped that much more to life. The only things that make the club system non-perfect for me are not being able to schedule times clubs meet and not being able to turn off *only* club icons in headline effects.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I cannot envision my sims world without retail. I really can't see them without clubs and pubs and darts in Windenburg.

I can't see them without a hospital where they go to have their babies. I can't see them without a possible abduction. I can't see them without Sixam. I cant see them without the island.

I can't see them without dancing skill and music. I can't see them without a deli. Or an art gallery. Or a book store.

I have NO regrets with these packs. I honestly can't see the game without either of them. They add that much for me.

I'm like this, except my things go like this.

I can't imagine playing without:
    - clubs tool, clubs tool, clubs tool
    - Windenburg!!!!
    - active careers

Seems like a short list but they are ultra integral to how I play my game. Likewise, zero regrets with either pack.

I also love rockets, every detail of the scientist career, and the Simray.

I did a 9 month engineering internship in aerospace composite manufacturing and I swear the scientist career captures the general feels of that experience to the letter, lol.