Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kind of Disappointed were not getting a Tropical Vacation Pack this Summer

I keep wanting to send my sims on a Summer Vacation to a beach and tropical island and have them swim in the ocean and stay in a resort. Atleast when we do get a tropical pack we can have restuarents for them to dine at while their there.

I'm missing a tropical world right now. TS3 had lots of them. Even Sunset Valley had an Ocean and a Beach.

Comments

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Nothing saying we wont. I wouldn't get your hopes up, but there's no reason to be disappointed, either.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I would enjoy some kind of tropical ocean/beach pack, as well. Or a cruise pack. That would be fun. But they need to add back in the ability to swim in the ocean/sea before we get a beach pack.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Nothing saying we wont. I wouldn't get your hopes up, but there's no reason to be disappointed, either.

It wasn't shown in yesterday's teaser.
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I would enjoy some kind of tropical ocean/beach pack, as well. Or a cruise pack. That would be fun. But they need to add back in the ability to swim in the ocean/sea before we get a beach pack.

They can easily patch swimming in the ocean in before the pack releases.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited April 2016
    It may not come in this quarter, but we don't know what's in next quarter. July to Sept.

I also need a new vacation destination. Badly.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    Maybe they will in a Seasons type of EP or a carnival pack? Usually tropical vacations come by year 3 of development with packs. Island Paradise wasn't released until much later for the Sims 3 towards the end of its life.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited April 2016
    You shouldn't be. They didn't give an early indication of anything beyond the two popular subjects of Restaurants and Children's content and they did that within seasonal time frames. They did not give us a full debriefing on the complete year's worth of releases or the complete listing of features, content, world spaces, hidden secrets, etc. To quote SimGuruDrake:
    On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months.

"A look" is not the most detailed insight into anything. I wouldn't have expected much past 30 seconds with just a look.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Everyone of us is disappointed because something is not on table soon
    However, I am very curious to see how restaurants are implemented.

The challenge will be to make the sims sit still on tables.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    me too , especially with summer just at our doorstep beaches are on our mind.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I was hoping for this aswell, I love the swimming pools but I sometimes miss sending my sims to the beach, to just swim the entire day with their family. Hopefully it'll be in a patch or something!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yeah, I was hoping we'd get one too. I've been getting my tropical fix by loading up Sunlit Tides this week.

I really miss things like scuba diving, windsurfing, collecting shells, etc.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Give it a few months maybe. I think that the devs know that the idea is popular :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I may be completely misunderstanding the whole peek at future content for the season, but didn't they only give a peek as to what would be coming this Spring? It could very well be that they have something summery planned for the end of June, we just don't really know yet. We can surmise what may or may not be by some real or imagined pattern we've been told not to follow or expect anyway, but really none of us KNOW for certain what could happen. Even if many like to try to make sense of it all by assigning some pattern and expectation of release.

I can say from what it looks like to me, that I would personally only be expecting the one EP this calendar year. And with that, I would expect that one EP to be phenomenal - be it cruises or not. Maybe sims will be sent on a summer vacation via a GP instead. It might seem unlikely to receive two GP's so close but it is not impossible. Could be a thing. I'm sorry you are feeling disappointed with the scope of the content to come in the next two months, the next season will soon be upon us and then you'll get another quick peek at the future of the season to come.

I would be more concerned right now with how restaurants are going to work and curious as to what the rest of the packs may include rather than what they obviously wont. I would suggest an epic vacations thread to put in all your hopes and expectations of what you want to see in a vacations pack so maybe more of what you are hoping for makes it into your game. I'd like to see zero text-based adventures for example. I'd also like to see a variety of vacation worlds like we got in Sims 1. A woodsy one, a wintery one and a beachy one.

Anyway, hope you find some happy today looking forward to what will be for children and restaurants. I've seen so many requests for functioning restaurants since Sims 2 ended and Sims 3 began, and a lot of requests for more kids stuff. I think they'll get to most everyone eventually, hang in there.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Jessa_Dakkar Well said :smile:

The year is still quite young and it would actually make sense if there is an EP in the summer and who knows, that could even be summer related?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It would be great tbh but restaurants are great too! :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I keep wanting to send my sims on a Summer Vacation to a beach and tropical island and have them swim in the ocean and stay in a resort. Atleast when we do get a tropical pack we can have restuarents for them to dine at while their there.

I'm missing a tropical world right now. TS3 had lots of them. Even Sunset Valley had an Ocean and a Beach.
    Yes, it would be nice to get a tropical getaway but we have to be patient and see what comes.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited April 2016
    @Jessa_Dakkar
    SimGuruLyndsay's post is "a look ahead for Spring/Early Summer" (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884785/a-look-ahead-for-spring-early-summer-2016), so I guess it includes June and perhaps July. EA Play is in June, so we may have more info then for the rest of the Summer season, perhaps with the next EP announcement, or we'll have another sneak peek video.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @Jessa_Dakkar
    SimGuruLyndsay's post is "a look ahead for Spring/Early Summer" (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884785/a-look-ahead-for-spring-early-summer-2016), so I guess it includes June and perhaps July. EA Play is in June, so we may have more info then for the rest of the Summer season, perhaps with the next EP announcement, or we'll have another sneak peek video.

Ahh, I thought it was going to be a 'seasonal' thing, as in one per each of the four seasons, not overlapping seasons. I hope that 'early summer' doesn't include all of July. Here's to hoping the next peek happens mid to late June rather than July.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member

They haven't announced an EP yet ;)
    Usually we get the most popular titles, pets, season, etc, think vacation is on the list. Tho can't confirmed anything of course.
    Tho don't get your hopes too high or too low, keep it neutral if you can, makes it easier to deal with things as they come :)
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

It wasn't shown in yesterday's teaser.

That's just for spring. They have not shown what might happen for summer or fall. And reading through comments on different threads, I've come to realize people have no idea when spring, summer, or fall actually start. :/ We still have two months of spring left as of today.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I may be completely misunderstanding the whole peek at future content for the season, but didn't they only give a peek as to what would be coming this Spring? It could very well be that they have something summery planned for the end of June, we just don't really know yet. We can surmise what may or may not be by some real or imagined pattern we've been told not to follow or expect anyway, but really none of us KNOW for certain what could happen. Even if many like to try to make sense of it all by assigning some pattern and expectation of release.

I can say from what it looks like to me, that I would personally only be expecting the one EP this calendar year. And with that, I would expect that one EP to be phenomenal - be it cruises or not. Maybe sims will be sent on a summer vacation via a GP instead. It might seem unlikely to receive two GP's so close but it is not impossible. Could be a thing. I'm sorry you are feeling disappointed with the scope of the content to come in the next two months, the next season will soon be upon us and then you'll get another quick peek at the future of the season to come.

I would be more concerned right now with how restaurants are going to work and curious as to what the rest of the packs may include rather than what they obviously wont. I would suggest an epic vacations thread to put in all your hopes and expectations of what you want to see in a vacations pack so maybe more of what you are hoping for makes it into your game. I'd like to see zero text-based adventures for example. I'd also like to see a variety of vacation worlds like we got in Sims 1. A woodsy one, a wintery one and a beachy one.

Anyway, hope you find some happy today looking forward to what will be for children and restaurants. I've seen so many requests for functioning restaurants since Sims 2 ended and Sims 3 began, and a lot of requests for more kids stuff. I think they'll get to most everyone eventually, hang in there.

Actually I'm happy about the restaurants.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @Jessa_Dakkar

Ahh, I thought it was going to be a 'seasonal' thing, as in one per each of the four seasons, not overlapping seasons. I hope that 'early summer' doesn't include all of July. Here's to hoping the next peek happens mid to late June rather than July.

We're already well into Spring, so perhaps that's why there's some overlapping. I doubt there will be only 1 SP and 1 GP until late September, so that's why I'm assuming there will be something else coming late Summer, though I'm really not sure what exactly. EA Play is mid June so that's the most likely when we'll know something in my mind.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I would love tropical/ocean beach themed world. I really enjoyed Island Paradise. But it takes time to develop such things. I am sure we'll get tropical content at some point.
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    An amazing idea, that would be great in a GP, and I could see that being followed by a season EP the same year. So they combined with each other and the EP can add more interactions that work with a tropical beach GP.
  • Options
    QuestionableQuestionable Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeah, I miss that too. I'm sure it could be done, they already have a system made that works for Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm happy about restaurants coming but yes as others are saying they gave us a peek only until early summer... I'm assuming we will get an EP in summer. I doubt it will be a tropical destination but I'd be happy if it was... I just think at this point they could put that into a GP instead of an EP.... like Outdoor Retreat only beach resort themed.
    egTcBMc.png