Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is The Sims Freeplay?

SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
Hello everyone :)

I only just noticed this part of the forum, and have a question. What is The Sims Freeplay? Is it a PC game or a console one. I like the console versions of The Sims like The Sims Bustin Out on PS2, The Sims Castaway and also My Sims :) so any new Sims games for me to play would be really interesting :)

Another question is, what do you do on Freeplay? Are there missions, is it sandbox, etc. :)

Thanks everyone :)

Matthew.

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The Sims Freeplay is a free game which you can download for mobile phones and tablets.
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    You can download The Sims FreePlay on mobile phones and tablets. You preform tasks to unlock romance, toddlers, multiple story houses, etc.
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2016
    If you don't want to grind you pay to get ahead faster. ETA: It's also a 'real time' game, meaning it will take a real twenty four hours if that is what it says will take to do the chore etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    edited May 2016
    Heya @Sennie! The Sims FreePlay is a Sims game developed specifically for mobile devices only!
    Post edited by SimGuruEmma on
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If I still had a tablet I would probably try it just because it does have toddlers @SimGuruEmma. My phone isn't the sort that can play this game and I can't see a phone game all that well anyway. lol But yeah, if I get a new tablet I'm thinking of playing this game because the updates of content for the toddlers was amazing and I want it in TS4 but yeah, this game looks like it has more content than my pc game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    @Cinebar I don't play it for the toddlers but for the much more challenging and interesting gameplay. It doesn't run very well on old devices like my old iPod Touch 4g (and probably not even on my old iPad 2) where it often crashes or resets all my Sims so they just become idle. But on high end devices it runs really well.

Compared to especially TS3 it has the huge advantage that just normal play means that you play all your sims at the same time (34 sims on lvl 55 unless you pay for VIP) and switches easily between the houses. Your sims can even visit your friends' towns and become related to his/her sims in them.

Just now the game is a little boring though because the current challenge isn't available for me. I guess that the reason is that it is a repetition of a challenge which I already have played through earlier some months ago.
  • Options
    athewhofan2athewhofan2 Posts: 79 New Member
    When I do the weekly tasks when they say do a task at a certain time I sometimes forget then I got to spend LPs to skip