Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Annoynig issue with the textures

In every possible way when I was approaching the camera , some objects or plants are modified or when moving away

Look at video. My be issue with the save file or this is normal for the game...

https://youtu.be/fMKrOw-Jkao

Comments

• Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    edited April 2016
    That's called a LOD system - Level of Detail. The majority of items in the game have 2 or 3 versions, each one lower-poly than the last. As you zoom out, it switches to the lower detailed meshes. Since there is more on the screen, it balances out by lowering the quality of everything. The same happens with textures - every texture has "mipmaps" that tell the game to switch to a smaller resolution texture based on how close you are.

I think almost every game on the market today does this. This is perfectly normal, you may now return to your normally scheduled playing. :smiley:
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 264 Member
    Nearia35 wrote: »
    That's called a LOD system - Level of Detail. The majority of items in the game have 2 or 3 versions, each one lower-poly than the last. As you zoom out, it switches to the lower detailed meshes. Since there is more on the screen, it balances out by lowering the quality of everything. The same happens with textures - every texture has "mipmaps" that tell the game to switch to a smaller resolution texture based on how close you are.

I think almost every game on the market today does this. This is perfectly normal, you may now return to your normally scheduled playing. :smiley:

Thanks you very much for the replying ;)
  • Options
    Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member

Thanks you very much for the replying ;)

This is actually just object hiding not a standard LOD function and you can disable it with the "No Fade Sims and Objects" mod by Shimrod.
  • Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member

This is actually just object hiding not a standard LOD function and you can disable it with the "No Fade Sims and Objects" mod by Shimrod.

Yes, on the trees. On the end table it's LODs. I believe the same object hiding applies to ceiling lamps? @Le0nard1963 Anything that EA thinks has potential to get in your way while you're playing will auto-hide.
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options

Yes, on the trees. On the end table it's LODs. I believe the same object hiding applies to ceiling lamps? @Le0nard1963 Anything that EA thinks has potential to get in your way while you're playing will auto-hide.

Can ypu ask more question?) The game is lagging very strong =( But i have GTX560 and Intel Pentium G860 3.0ghz.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    Are you having lagging issues through your game?

If you are playing on a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, do what is in this thread.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863606/laptop-users-update-your-card-assignment-for-64bit#latest

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to My Games in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Remove some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try lowering your graphics settings and the in game resolution settings and see if that helps.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

Can ypu ask more question?) The game is lagging very strong =( But i have GTX560 and Intel Pentium G860 3.0ghz.

What kinda lag are you facing? Your video seems fine to me and it's not lagging, but since you're on pause, it's hard to tell. Can you specify the lag you have? Is it the loading screens? Is it the fps?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    very long loading the game , when selecting sim you have to click 10 times , so he got out , when you want to do activity with the object the list of the activities appears after 10 seconds after clicking( and this is not all examples of lagging
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    very long loading the game , when selecting sim you have to click 10 times , so he got out , when you want to do activity with the object the list of the activities appears after 10 seconds after clicking( and this is not all examples of lagging

Hello.
    Try doing what I suggested in the above post and see if that helps the lagging issues.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14721967/#Comment_14721967

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the lagging and other issues is still there.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Have you been playing the same save game file for a while? It can sometimes cause issues. Try starting a new save game file and see if the lagging continues. If it helps the issues, you could save your sims to the library, save their homes to the library. start a new game, and place your sims and their homes into it. They will lose though any relationships that your sims has with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills and their careers.

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello.
    Try doing what I suggested in the above post and see if that helps the lagging issues.

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the lagging and other issues is still there.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Have you been playing the same save game file for a while? It can sometimes cause issues. Try starting a new save game file and see if the lagging continues. If it helps the issues, you could save your sims to the library, save their homes to the library. start a new game, and place your sims and their homes into it. They will lose though any relationships that your sims has with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills and their careers.

Oh no((( how?! I ve been playing with this save for three month for achievements(( I don't want lose it :(
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Hello.

Oh no((( how?! I ve been playing with this save for three month for achievements(( I don't want lose it :(

Hello.
    Try doing the other suggestions first, and see if they help the issues.
    Remove any mods /cc that you have in your game and test to see if it helps the lagging issue.
    Make sure that the game is using your graphics card
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863606/laptop-users-update-your-card-assignment-for-64bit#latest
    Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if it helps.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder.
    Try lowering your graphics settings and the in game resolution settings and see if that helps.
    Try removing some of the items from the personal and household inventories of your sims and see if that helps.

Also try starting a new save game with just random sims, and see if the lagging issue remains. By doing that, you will be able to tell if the issue is connected to the current save game or not.

• Options

Hello.

Hello.
    Remove any mods /cc that you have in your game and test to see if it helps the lagging issue.
    Try removing some of the items from the personal and household inventories of your sims and see if that helps.

Also try starting a new save game with just random sims, and see if the lagging issue remains. By doing that, you will be able to tell if the issue is connected to the current save game or not.

Oh no(( helps only variant with removing save file((( but i dont want want remove it, because i dont want to lose my achievements and rewards and colecties =( Maybe is any other variant to solve it?
  • Options

Hello.

Hello.

How do you tink is anything way to fix THIS save file?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hello,
    When you save the sims to the library, they will retain their skills, career level, aspirations, and their reward traits.
    I am sorry :( but they won't keep what is in their inventories, or their collection progress, or their achievements.
  • Options
    Hello,
    When you save the sims to the library, they will retain their skills, career level, aspirations, and their reward traits.
    I am sorry :( but they won't keep what is in their inventories, or their collection progress, or their achievements.

I forget to say that my videocard(GTX 560) отживает свое, и перегревается в играх
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Hello.

Hello.

How do you tink is anything way to fix THIS save file?

You can try emptying the inventories of the sims and see if that helps the issue.

I am not sure if this will help but you could try rolling back to an earlier version of the save game and see if the issue remains. These links explain how to do that.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
  • Options
    Try resetting your TS4 folder after backing up your saves. To do this, back up your save to some pace else and then move the whole The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder to your desktop. Then start the game and play around a bit. Next, exit the game and then you will find a new TS4 folder. Place back your old saves and replace any if there is a pop up telling you to do so. Don't put in your mods if you have any. Then open the game again and see if it is much better.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Try resetting your TS4 folder after backing up your saves. To do this, back up your save to some pace else and then move the whole The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder to your desktop. Then start the game and play around a bit. Next, exit the game and then you will find a new TS4 folder. Place back your old saves and replace any if there is a pop up telling you to do so. Don't put in your mods if you have any. Then open the game again and see if it is much better.

Thanks)) Can you tell me which l files exactly remove?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Hello.
    Move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options

Hello.
    Move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Ok thanks I try do so) And I wrote to developer Drake about this issue
  • Options
    Hope developers fix it!
  • Options

Hello.

I'm not too sure if the developers can fix it cuz it's not a very common issue. I'm not having the lag problems that you have in your game.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Hello.

I'm not too sure if the developers can fix it cuz it's not a very common issue. I'm not having the lag problems that you have in your game.

In the save file?
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Also is you localthumbcache very big? How many Mb? I had stuttering and I bought more RAM to my PC and now works great (very short load time, no sims stuttering). I think my old RAM was with some problem I was having problems with it? How much RAM you have?
  • Options

Hello.

In the save file?

Yes, it could be your save file. Have you tried to play test a new game? Go t the main menu and hit the + button at the very top right hand corner (beside the floppy disk icon) and then create a random family. And then move them in and see if the lag is there when you click on them to queue tasks.
    x3vZicL.gif