Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child aspirations!

We NEED more child aspirations, if I have to pick these same aspirations one more time I might have a melt down. Four is just not enough, do you guys think they will add more aspirations for children when we get a generations pack?
2ahzmo1.gif

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    More aspirations sounds like a good idea! Do you have any suggestions for aspirations that you'd like to see for children?
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    More aspirations sounds like a good idea! Do you have any suggestions for aspirations that you'd like to see for children?

Nope not at the moment just as long as it's something different than the four we have to choose from I'll be just fine lol
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I kind of wish there was a cooking/food one for kids, but that would require the return of the kiddie cooking oven.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I kind of wish there was a cooking/food one for kids, but that would require the return of the kiddie cooking oven.

I miss the children being able to sell cakes on the street to passers by! They should bring it back along with the oven and an aspiration to go with it.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options

You know what that would be good especially if they brought back lemonade stands and bake sales.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    hannaaj22 wrote: »

I miss the children being able to sell cakes on the street to passers by! They should bring it back along with the oven and an aspiration to go with it.

Lol get out of my head :p
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    hannaaj22 wrote: »

Lol get out of my head :p

Haha! The should definitely bring them back! I feel they would work a lot better in the Sims 4 than they did in the Sims 3. Barely anyone walked past and bought anything for me.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Ooh! Yes! A Fortune aspiration for kids! Goals could include "Sell three pictures from the activity table" (you can do that using the inventory), "Make 100 Simoleons from a craft or lemonade stand", "Own a craft or lemonade stand", and so on. Maybe they'd add that with a Generations/Free Time EP, with a reward trait to match. I'd love that! :D
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,756 Member
    maybe 'put on a show' for parents for a Showtime EP for child aspiration?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2016
    The thing is the 4 child aspirations match the 4 main groups of adult skills. Unless they add corresponding skills to the adults, or revise how they are divided, they can't add another aspiration to the kids.

At the moment:

Motor Skill = Energized = Fitness (also effects vitality and metabolism)
    Mental Skill = Focused = Logic/Programming/Gardening etc.
    Creative Skill = Inspired = Painting/Cooking/Instruments/Writing etc.
    Social Skill = Confident (and later) Flirty = Charisma/Comedy/Dancing etc.

The categories work, and if you choose just 1 or 2 you could have your child sims working on their preferred adult skills, rather than trying to complete all 4 and not taking advantage of the skill boost early on.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I wouldn't mind some aspirations that don't deal with the 4 child skills. Like kids can dig up gems, so maybe a collector aspiration for kids, or a lighter fortune aspiration like SimsLovinLycan said.

I just feel like 4 is super limited. It makes me get bored of playing kids when I only have the same few aspirations to pick from.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2016

You know what that would be good especially if they brought back lemonade stands and bake sales.

I wish they would have included both the oven and lemonade stand in Get to Work for kids.

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I wish the aspirations were dynamic instead of a fixed list of objectives. I have no problem doing the creativity aspiration with a quarter of all my Sims children for example, but I have a problem with the fact that every single one of them want an activity table.
  • Options
    NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    Yes please! I don't even care about the aspirations anymore, I'm so done with them. It's always the same.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    ... I just realized I had no ambitions as a child. I just wanted to play video games every chance I had.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    ... I just realized I had no ambitions as a child. I just wanted to play video games every chance I had.

Hey that can be an aspiration for children lol to be the best child gamer.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    UniSlothUniSloth Posts: 32 Member
    I kinda want a child's general outdoor-related aspiration, which combines a bit of the Freelance Botanist, Curator, and Angling Ace objectives!
  • Options
    @UniSloth that would be nice especially if the child could ask their dad to teach them how to fish it would be so cute to see an interaction like that.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

This is why I have no particular issue with ambitions being hard to achieve for Children or being not so varied. I don't actually think most people develop much ambition before their teens. Kids tend to live in the moment. Ambition is about your future self.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

We could combine them!!!

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

This is why I have no particular issue with ambitions being hard to achieve for Children or being not so varied. I don't actually think most people develop much ambition before their teens. Kids tend to live in the moment. Ambition is about your future self.

Before their teens? I've had an ambition since I was 7 and I'm still playing video games and watching YouTube. My best friend has an ambition too- to play video games and become a YouTuber!
  • Options
    Zany102Zany102 Posts: 72 Member
    UniSloth wrote: »
    I kinda want a child's general outdoor-related aspiration, which combines a bit of the Freelance Botanist, Curator, and Angling Ace objectives!

I definitely agree. I was thinking like a collector's aspiration, which I think would make sense for a kid. Or an explorer's aspiration.

Maybe a bookworm aspiration, too. I know that goes along closely with mental, but make it so it melded creativity and writing together.

I also wish that childhood aspirations would effect sims personalities more. They obviously help with skill building, but what if they affected the way your sim reacts to different situations as they get older? Other than skill building, they become pretty obsolete.
  • Options
    LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    I totally agree that we need more aspirations for children! What a great idea!! I would love to see some that aren't tied to skills. I like the ideas mentioned above about having aspirations for making money, collecting items, and playing video games. It would also be awesome to see a return of the lemonade stand and children's oven.
  • Options
    FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    Would love more child aspirations. More stuff for kids to do to be honest.
  • Options
    Sophie_QueenSophie_Queen Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Lex2221 said:
    > We NEED more child aspirations, if I have to pick these same aspirations one more time I might have a melt down. Four is just not enough, do you guys think they will add more aspirations for children when we get a generations pack?

There's always mods...