Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Y'know what I miss.....

nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
Activities: football, soccer, skating, basketball, bowling
Venues: Arcade, bowling alley, the lot from Sims 3 that changed with the seasons & had seasonal activities, can't remember what it was called.
If they do make Sims 4 Pets like I have read about: more pets than dogs, cats, horses, I like the farm idea....
Some random thoughts on a sunny Friday. Still having fun though!
Happy Simmin' as always!

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    More activities are at the top of my wish list.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I actually miss a lot of The Sims stuff, like magic town and the crazy circus; baking breads and jams and spells that make the gnomes do work...
    I missed Pet jobs and Pet Shows and Hot date was cool- the ice cream store... I miss stores and nothing being free for the Sims. You want a cellphone you buy a cellphone.

So much ... with little hope it'll come. :lol:

Superstar from The Sims could have been Awesome in TS2/3! I wonder what they'll do with the idea for TS4? :disappointed:
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    More activities (and hobbies) would be so appreciated.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    Yeah. There isn't anywhere to go and not much to do when you get there. Lately I've had the same exact sims in the same venues. If I send my sim to the nightclub/bar/whatever they call it in Oasis Springs, I will find Bella Goth, Geoffrey Landgraab, Dina Caliente, Nancy Landgraab and Eliza Pancakes there. No more. No less. Never anyone new. I invited a random Trudger to the nightclub. She showed up but wouldn't go in. As soon as my sim went in to order drinks, she left.

Wasn't this game supposed to have all the venues filled with all these exciting new faces? Wasn't that a big sell as such an improvement over TS3?
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I would love all that you mentioned OP.

I would love to see sim kids roller-skating/riding their bikes around the neighborhood. Teens on skateboards.
    Football, soccer, baseball, frisbee, a game of catch.
    Hop scotch, cops and robbers, tag. Marco-polo in the pool and hold your breath contests.

I also still say why can't the baby-object be transfered to another object. We can drag a plate from the counter to the trash bin or sink. Why can't we grab the baby, drag it to a stroller for someone to push the baby around in. Why can't we drag the baby from the crib to an activity mat on the floor. Mom can still come in, pick up the kid, feed ... set kid down, pick up, cuddle, set kid down. change diaper. I am not sure how, but I bet someone somewhere at some time changed a diaper while the kid was on a stroller. At this point, I really don't care about the logic behind it.

• Options
    Marco-polo would be great! I forgot about hopscotch and frizbee! I am at the Magnolia Park and beside fishing, chess and monkey bars, I am trying to find a new activity in the park for people to do; to get more people involved in things together what I mean. Something that is not at other parks or venues....looking forward to something completely new!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited April 2016
    I miss the swing set and basketball hoop from TS2. I basically had half of my TS2 dates at the park and had my couples play on the swings together...Most adorably romantic thing ever! And even though the basketball hoop was technically an outdoor only item, I used a little loophole abuse in TS2 to put one in the basement of one of my houses. (Basically, build the basement minus one wall section, place the hoop, then close the wall and the game will let it stay there so long as you don't try to move it after closing the wall.) That was so much fun! They should totally have a playground/sports themed stuff pack...Or, better yet, just patch the basketball hoop and swing set in since basketball was something they were talking about putting in the TS4 base game and the swing set came with the TS2 base. :|
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sports and carnival and farm activities would be fun.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I definitely think more activities and hobbies could help keep the game a little more lively.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    I agree with y'all. More activities is a very positive thing.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    There are a lot of things I miss. I miss all the silly dating rituals from sims 1 and 2, the gift giving, the original bear rug, the skunk, cops and robbers, the fireman, being able to toss a ball around with your kid, cars, being able to build proper garages. CASt, a more open world, etc.
  • Options
    OMG! So many great suggestions and memories! I totally forgot about gift giving, I loved that! What did the original bear rug do, I don't remember?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Oh, yes! ~buying chocolates and clothes... I loved buying the date Sims clothes. Real Vacations... stuff to do on vacations depending on areas.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    2n66uko.jpg

It was a faux bear rug. I think it came in white, brown and black, but it was also used to make recolors. The sims would cuddle and make out on it. It was also part of the Sims Busting Out game.

Not sure who to credit for the picture.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    No way! What versions of Sims was that from? I have all versions and all the expansions, but don't remember this!
    I have always said, Rrflong7, that having things to do on vacations was my favourite activity ever, hence, my fav ep of all time is World Adventures...I wish I could still play this game. World Adventures used to on my Mac computer, until the latest Mac OS system update. Now it works for about 10minutes then crashes. There is no update or patch to play Sims 3 with the newest version of the the Mac OS system..I am pretty bummed about that. I called tech support and they said 'well the game is from 2009...". Now, I cannot access all the store items for Sims 3, and I bought them all, or download them on my game. What a drag.
  • Options
    nkthgrt wrote: »
    No way! What versions of Sims was that from? I have all versions and all the expansions, but don't remember this!
    Sims Vacations I think. It was a really cool object. Play on Rug interaction came with it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Remember the moose head that would move its antlers and make noise? It was surprising the first few time you saw it. I think it came with Living Large or Vacation.
  • Options
    Yes, I do. I loved all those things that the items would do in the old games!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I loved swimming in the ocean, building sandcastles, sun tanning also! I think I am thinking of my childhood here! LOL. As I look back at this thread, these are many things I did growing up. That is what is great about the Sims; it can be about your life, a friend's life, nobody's life or total make believe!
  • Options
    I would love to play sims one again. It didn't have the best graphics, but it sure had the charm. You lost all track of time.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I actually miss a lot of The Sims stuff, like magic town and the crazy circus; baking breads and jams and spells that make the gnomes do work...
    I missed Pet jobs and Pet Shows and Hot date was cool- the ice cream store... I miss stores and nothing being free for the Sims. You want a cellphone you buy a cellphone.

So much ... with little hope it'll come. :lol:

Superstar from The Sims could have been Awesome in TS2/3! I wonder what they'll do with the idea for TS4? :disappointed:

I would absolutely love having to buy everything like a phone or new clothes or new haircut!! It would make the game more challenging.
    Some people might not like that I guess, but they could just use cheats anyway :p Or maybe there could be "easy mode" where you don't have to buy things and "hard mode" where you do have to buy things
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I love Sims 2 for all the packs that happened one after another, all the super naturals, seasons university, pets, etc. Everything expansion pack worked together smoothly and was available in a timely fashion. I still have Sims 2 on my PC. Sims 3 is still my favourite; I loved the open world concept, being able explore the whole world without loading screens and being able to purchase individual items from the Sims 3 store. I don't remember much about Sims 1; but the first game sure got me hooked on the whole franchise!
  • Options
    Sims 2 was also a great game.
  • Options
    It sure was/is. I still play it today!
  • Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I would love to play sims one again. It didn't have the best graphics, but it sure had the charm. You lost all track of time.
    I still play it sometimes. It is still a lot of fun. I just forgot how important keeping the needs and relationships are in that game. It is definitely one of the more challenging Sims games.