Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need another NewCrest

Comments

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Yes, another empty world would be great. I like to build, and so far I am low on empty plots. But like other people said, I don't want another Newcrest, but a different looking world, probably a beach paradise or metropolitan area with high rise buildings and an urban feel. Adding another vacation destination would be great too, I would like to see Asian architectures.

I agree, when I say another Newcrest I meant another empty world. Don't care what it looks like as long as it can realistically be incorporated as a local hood. Windenburg is a vacation lot... the design is too extreme to be a continuous lot that sims can... let's say... pop over for groceries at. I want a local hood.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I want a world with a business district. NewCrest is all residential. There is not a paved business looking area and when you try to create one, it looks weird.

I agree. When they gave us a handful of lots with spa day I really couldn't find an appropriate area other than Magnolia Promenade. Which in itself is already pressed for space from only having 4 lots. IMO that is one downfall to their worlds, they're super stylized and most of the surrounding area is unsuitable for lots other than residential. I've already kind of made my mind up that I will not buy another GP that introduces community venues without actually supplying a suitable area for those lots to be placed.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Yes, another empty world would be great. I like to build, and so far I am low on empty plots. But like other people said, I don't want another Newcrest, but a different looking world, probably a beach paradise or metropolitan area with high rise buildings and an urban feel. Adding another vacation destination would be great too, I would like to see Asian architectures.

I agree, when I say another Newcrest I meant another empty world. Don't care what it looks like as long as it can realistically be incorporated as a local hood. Windenburg is a vacation lot... the design is too extreme to be a continuous lot that sims can... let's say... pop over for groceries at. I want a local hood.

That depends where you are from ;)
    Of all the worlds released so far, Oasis Spring looks the most exotic to me, while Windenburg is among the most familiar looking.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I don't need another empty world, when I sent my sim to Willow Creek, there was only one family living there, no families have been put in the empty houses, and yes I have fill empty houses checked. It was so strange to see the whole town empty. Everyone gone but no new families put in. Now I have not sent my family to Oasis Springs, so I do not know if it is empty too. I will look today. Not sure why this is happening but I wish they would fix it. I have no CC or Mods and have never had either in all my sim games.

I know why this is happening and it hasn't been fixed yet. When Sims move out of the houses they take the furniture with them. I'm sure this also happens when a sim dies.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I agree. But I don't care if it looks like Newcrest, another part of Windenberg, or something else. I just need more space.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    No thanks. Anytime I want to play a sim in newcrest, I always feel the need to fill it up with other families and parks and places to go. It was fun the first couple of times, but I usually just use one of the pre-made worlds now.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes, I would love another empty world! I would really like another desert world, but I guess that's not happening (I wouldn't mind a clone of Oasis Springs). We need more space for our sims!

Edit:
    chickenow wrote: »
    I always saw Newcrest as an extension to Willow Creek (in my game it's a more modern district.) So if we were going down that route I would like a desert map like Oasis Springs (in my game I would love to have space for a Las Vegas strip.)
    That said though I would love some sort of neighbourhood builder to be able to extend the existing worlds. Magnolia Promenade is a sorry mess with just four lots and I wish I could add a bayou swamp in Willow Creek to make it a true New Orkeans inspired world!
    This!
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Yes please ! Maybe something like this too :

tumblr_my9brbH1Ap1siy8kqo6_1280.jpg

And this!!!
    Shades302 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who would have liked Planet Sixam as a world? XD

I'd LOVE a Sixam world!!!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    Yes, I would love another empty world! I would really like another desert world, but I guess that's not happening (I wouldn't mind a clone of Oasis Springs). We need more space for our sims!

Edit:
    I always saw Newcrest as an extension to Willow Creek (in my game it's a more modern district.) So if we were going down that route I would like a desert map like Oasis Springs (in my game I would love to have space for a Las Vegas strip.)
    That said though I would love some sort of neighbourhood builder to be able to extend the existing worlds. Magnolia Promenade is a sorry mess with just four lots and I wish I could add a bayou swamp in Willow Creek to make it a true New Orkeans inspired world!
    This!
    Yes please ! Maybe something like this too :

And this!!!

I'd LOVE a Sixam world!!!
    What is that from? It looks cool.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Nope XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    That would be Oasis Springs.

Oh rly ?

I honestly don't understand.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    Personally I think that they should spend their time on other things besides new worlds.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @pepperjax1230 it's from this blog.

The person is/was ( I don't know ) a concept artist for TS4 and came up with designs for Windenburg, Oasis Springs and Willow Creek among other things.
    Thanks it looks cool wish we had neighborhoods that looked like that. That would have been awesome.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Neia wrote: »

That depends where you are from ;)
    Of all the worlds released so far, Oasis Spring looks the most exotic to me, while Windenburg is among the most familiar looking.

Well, nothing looks like Tokyo, so... :joy:
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Oh rly ?

No problem, it was concept art for Oasis Springs that never made it into the game as a neighborhood. And since we have Newcrest which looks like it belongs to Willow Creek, I thought , in regards to @chickenow 's post, that they could use this for some more Oasis Springs themed neighborhoods.

But it did made it.

dIA0k02.jpg

I believe the medium wealth district is that concept's neighborhood and it's pretty close to it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

Oh rly ?

No problem, it was concept art for Oasis Springs that never made it into the game as a neighborhood. And since we have Newcrest which looks like it belongs to Willow Creek, I thought , in regards to @chickenow 's post, that they could use this for some more Oasis Springs themed neighborhoods.

But it did made it.

dIA0k02.jpg

I believe the medium wealth district is that concept's neighborhood and it's pretty close to it.

There's something seriously wrong with me when I see those two images and my first thought is this...

ff4-gif1.gif
    fallout4_nuke.gif
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I would love another empty world with a different theme than Newcrest. I play Newcrest more than any other world. I am constantly filling it up with different things.

I would really like a goth world. It is hard to do that in Newcrest.

Would also like a farm world complete with a farm pack but then that wouldn't be empty would it? Just give me the farm stuff and world and I will fill it up. :)
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    I don't agree with those who say we NEED more worlds, more lots, more space at the moment. What I personally do in terms of space is this: I delete certain premade families that I don't use (I usually leave in my world only the Goths, the Caliente family, the Pancakes and Landgraabs) and that gives me more empty lots that I can use, so I have 14 lots on Willow Creek, 14 lots on Oasis Springs, like 14 on Windeburg and 15 on Newcrest. So, 57 lots is a lot of space to fill, and I'm not even counting the community lots! Sure, it'd be great having a new world, but I think they should focus on giving us major new features first, imo.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I think the next world they release should have at least 75 lots- 25 lots per world is way too little
  • Options
    BelloGothBelloGoth Posts: 120 Member
    Absolutely.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I agree to the fact that we do need a new neighborhood. I want to build lots and houses and have found myself almost out of space. So I think new neighborhood would be nice. However, please make it differ from the rest of them. A countryside, like other simmers here suggested, would be pretty nice. Maybe something simple and urban- a place where any kind of house could fit in.
  • Options
    aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    I would love a new world. In my legacy save most of my worlds are filled up.
  • Options
    RorosimsRorosims Posts: 51 Member
    I would love an empty world, too. I play rotationally and have reached the point where my "second generation" sims are having babies and starting their own families but the first generation has not yet passed on (but I suppose that's besides the point since when they do they will continue their existences in ghost form), and my town has basically been exploding with new households consisting of my recently-came-of-age second generation sims and their spouses, so the lots are really filling up fast. The addition of Windenburg from GT last year did help a little, but not much more than that. It doesn't help with the situation that I'm using Zerbu's Turbo Career Mod and some of my lots are being used as workplaces. So yeah, an empty world is desperately needed. :neutral:
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    Yes, I also need more neiborhoods and it would be so much better, like the other person here said, if there is a world creator.
    Not only that, but I actually want to decide the size of lots by myself... but you know we can't do it in TS4.... so... I am just very sad that creators have deprived us of the freedom of choosing the size of all lots.