Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloopers (Or, "How not to use the moveobjectson cheat!)

911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
I have not played Sims 2 in about 4(?) years, but I ran across these jems the other day going thru old files saved on my Photobucket account....Enjoy!

snapshot_d93505be_593530ee.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Don't do this at home, folks!

:)
    snapshot_58ca5eb9_19061777.jpg
  • Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=DRbK6Fo3xow
    This is what can happen when you use the "moveObjects On" cheat and move a sim out of a hot tub and then delete the hot tub!
  • Options
    Got a Sims 2 blooper? Share it! :)<3
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Lol~ Love 'em. :lol:

• Options
    Lol~ Love 'em. :lol:

@Rflong7 ...Thanks so much! :)
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Hehehehe great pics. Loved the short video of the 'lady hand' :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    OMG! Thank you for the laugh!
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    One of the most funniest glitches I've ever had and was so unusual as I've never seen this before was when I had my starving teenage sim go to the fridge to grab some leftovers and her dad autonomously was going to grab something from the fridge as well but instead grabbed the plate from her hand and walked away. The look on her face absolutely priceless!

ScreenShot002-2.jpg
    ScreenShot003-1.jpg
    ScreenShot004-1.jpg
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    More random glitches of mine

snapshot_775abb67_581591ff_zpstqn2bacg.jpg
    snapshot_775abb67_7815920b_zpsema2yopw.jpg
    snapshot_775abb67_57726419_zpsjgqvkjc7.jpg
    snapshot_775abb67_382abd71_zps3btxafnt.jpg
    snapshot_775abb67_779dae2b_zpsvuewhar7.jpg
    snapshot_775abb67_57669e9b_zpslpspntpm.jpg
    snapshot_b77a1614_58464840_zpsikf6yulb.jpg
    snapshot_b77a1614_17dfa6d0_zpswn2pk9lt.jpg
    snapshot_b77a1614_782c0c39_zpsl8hlgefw.jpg
    snapshot_b77a1614_d8303d9c_zpsbzt56drs.jpg
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    @Summerbear5 Wow! Lol, thank you; those are funny! How are you posting those shots? I can't seem to do anything but snap shots in the game and move them around in story mode. I would love to share pics of the house I made, but I can't seem to be able to do it. And when I try and do the "package album" or "package lot" it only wants to let me upload them to the Sims2 website.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @SataiDelennn You have to go into the folder on your computer and upload them to photobucket or a similar photo sharing site and then share the links to the photos.
    The screenshots are located in your documents folder EA Games The Sims 2 neighborhoods and then number your wanting the screenshots from mine is N333 and finally storytelling folder. You'll want the original screenshots not the thumbnails...

Also if your pictures seem too small change the capture settings within The Sims 2 game. Mine is Large size and High Quality.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    So, is the EA Games folder on the disc? Because I can't find it anywhere on my computer. Yeah, I have a photobucket account (or at least, I used to). I haven't logged in to it in AGES and I don't even know if I remember the password.
  • Options
    OK, I don't know how I found it, but I did. The folder, that is. In there, I apparently have stuff dating back to 2011, but I doubt it's viable since I had to fully uninstall the game a while ago and only reinstalled it last week. Looks like everything current saved to a folder called N001. And then there's something called a NeighborhoodManager.package ???What's that?

How do I tell which are screenshots? I found the thumbnails, but under folder N001, it has a folder called, characters, a folder called lots, and a folder called thumbnails. Then there's N001_Neighborhood.package, N001_Neighborhood, and finally, N001_Neighborhood.reia. That's it.
  • Options
    OK, sorry for the triple post, but I can't seem to find a way to edit my previous posts or I would. I found a folder called, "Storytelling," and under there are all kinds of snapshots. Some from recently, some auto ones from the initial game, and others from a LOOOOONG time ago. Do I just copy and past these to another folder and then upload them from the new folder?
  • Options
    Sorry for another post in here. I found the folder and copied and pasted the pics I wanted. Now I just need to figure out if I still have my old Photobucket account or if I need to make a new one.
  • Options
    OK, I don't know ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ happened to Photobucket! I mean, I didn't think they could possibly make things worse, but I guess I was wrong! I used to be able to change the file names of photos (shorten them after uploading, and no, I'm not talking about adding titles), but now this doesn't seem to be an option. Why do companies seem to feel this innate need to "fix" things that weren't broken?!

Anyway, here goes my attempt to share the photos I uploaded. I apologize if I do something wrong.
    OK... The system just told me, "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." So I guess I can't share my photos with you all. Sorry.

Which is a shame, because I have a funny one of the repair woman after she got electrocuted. I didn't think that could happen to someone with experience in mechanics! Lol.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @SataiDelennn
    With being a new member at the moment, you wont be able to upload them to this site.
    I still use photobucket: -
    Login to photobucket.
    On Your Bucket page, there is a Blue tab Upload, below there is a box with click to upload.
    Click and select the destination folder of your pictures and the (multiple) pictures you want to upload.
    Once uploaded, use the Share this photo box on the right hand side and copy the IMG and post on the site.
    Hope this helps?
  • Options
    > @LadysimPlayer8 said:
    > @SataiDelennn
    > With being a new member at the moment, you wont be able to upload them to this site.
    > I still use photobucket: -
    > Login to photobucket.
    > On Your Bucket page, there is a Blue tab Upload, below there is a box with click to upload.
    > Click and select the destination folder of your pictures and the (multiple) pictures you want to upload.
    > Once uploaded, use the Share this photo box on the right hand side and copy the IMG and post on the site.
    > Hope this helps?

Thanks, I'll try that either tomorrow or Thursday. I'm not in the mood to try and mess around with that site right now. I HATE what they did to it!!! Seriously, if it's not broke, why do companies ALWAYS try to fix it anyway???