Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do all my male babies age up to be fat

Okay in every world I have the girl babies age up to be a normal weight if a little skinny even but my baby boys ALWAYS are at the very top of the weight slider. Why is this?
awesome-funny-haha-quotes-Favim.com-676382.jpg
Call the doctor I think I have this

Comments

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Not sure. I think it varies per game. I notice that if I breastfeed my babies every time they're hungry they grow up fat. When I bottle feed they are skinny or average.
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    edited March 2016
    I notice that if I only feed them when they cry because they don't need a diaper change/socials, (approx 2 times a day) they don't come out fat

Anymore and they do, it's kind of plum
  • Options
    caticaoimhecaticaoimhe Posts: 66 Member
    Thanks guys it just started to annoy me cause I always use cas.fulleditmode or else make them go on the monkey bars for like a day straight
  • Options
    SimslikeeeSimslikeee Posts: 188 Member
    I've had a lot of babies in my game, and found it doesn't matter what you do with them when they are babies or what gender they are, most of them still age up to be chubby. It's pretty annoying. I'll have two fit parents, who only feed the baby when it cries for food and their kids still turn out chubby. Maybe it's because the creators didn't want people to be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that kids age up to be more on the skinnier side, since people would freak out about it being "fat shaming".
    a89288ef-cb73-4b64-b739-a5fc56944e13.jpg

Bring back realistic babies and toddlers!
    Check out my blog for my simming adventures!
    http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Bunny4UBunny4U Posts: 45 Member
    Happen to me too.. just weird :#
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2016
    Simslikeee wrote: »
    I've had a lot of babies in my game, and found it doesn't matter what you do with them when they are babies or what gender they are, most of them still age up to be chubby. It's pretty annoying. I'll have two fit parents, who only feed the baby when it cries for food and their kids still turn out chubby. Maybe it's because the creators didn't want people to be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that kids age up to be more on the skinnier side, since people would freak out about it being "fat shaming".

If that's the case then they've really taken it to the extremes in my game; all my teen girls end up looking SUPER thin to the point where it distorts their whole model (you know when you draw all of the main sliders in and you kind of end up looking at the "skeleton" of the model itself? Yeah, all my teen girls end up looking like that except their weight slider is actually set to half, I'm not even joking) - not great if EA's actual goal was to promote body confidence / discourage body shaming.

I've noticed it as well though. My second-generation onwards girls are always super thin and my second-generation onwards guys are always at the top end of the weight slider, but interestingly when I get the guys to drop the weight they end up with the same super thin distorted bodies as their sisters. This game just doesn't seem to handle the next generation's body shaping that well for some reason - or at least on my end that seems to be the case. I've toyed with whether this is related to the very different body proportions of mum and dad and the in-games sliders for the opposite gender just not being up to snuff to deal with that but I'm not too sure.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    for me normally, once the child ages up they go from chubby, to rail thin teen.

the thigh gaps were real. :s
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    My teens always look weird cause they're so skinny...I know teens have a smaller frame in general to make them look more "teen-ish", but that small frame looks awful on any teen who leans towards the skinnier side.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    idk but send them swimming, always works :tongue:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I wonder if it's because thinness is seen as more feminine? You know how in cartoons and stuff the girls tend to be both thinner and shapelier than the boys? It might be something like that.
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    The exact opposite thing happens to me. All of my boys seem to age up to be normal weight or thin, but the girls always age up as fat. lol.
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    I have the same problem but with female children. many Interesting theories and solutions above!
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    edited March 2016
    One of my Sims babies turned out to be REALLY fat when she grew older, and I didn't know what to do so she could lose weight (I have nothing with her being a little chubby, but she was just fat). I made her drink the 'thin' potion, and she became... EXTREMELY thin! It was awful. I'd prefer her to stay a bit fat, than looking the way she did at the end. Her little brother, on the other hand, aged up to a "normal" weight. Pretty random, I would say.
  • Options
    Okay so my sim became preggers yesterday and I did your suggestions up above and it was a boy. It didn't work......
    but I definately understand the skinny teen thing. My sims is pregnant again so maybe it will be a girl and we can test the theory!
  • Options
    NicottiaNicottia Posts: 76 Member
    Huh I see it waries per game and simmer! In my case all girls are super fat when they grow up, while boys are on the thin as paper side!

Well, I tend to feed them the "taste of diet" ice cream! If I don't have space for monkey bars/swimming pool ofc! :P
    7bXthz.png
    My little YouTube corner: Nicottia <= Clickerino!
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    In my game everyone who ages into teens is way too thin, and my female sim teens look extra odd since their mother has a really huge bust size, and their dad has a nice bottom, so all the girls get the bust + bottom + super thin frame.... ........ And I have to make them exercise for a few days after becoming teens so their weight evens out a bit, however It seems like they don't actually loose weight? Like my club has this kinda chubby beer belly like guy in it, and I thought if i tell the group to work out at the gym then it will help all my clubs teens become more fit and better looking, but it appears everyone now has abs but are the same shape... can't win.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Well they dont have a toodler phase to burn the babyfat and still have fat.
  • Options
    MinguisseFlyMinguisseFly Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been having the same problem with my male sims too and although I love the game, its really annoying me. Apart from my adopted sims children, I've only had one sims boy age up to become normal/skinny. I thought it could be to do with the overfeeding thing ( as I had hardly played with that family) however recently I had female twins who cried constantly and needed feeding all the time and when I aged them up they were normal like the others so I don't think that's the problem.
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I also have this problem, but with female children. I just sent them straight to the monkey bars, that slims them down :)
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    Okay so it was another boy. He was a normal weight when he aged up but unfortunately when I went into the dresser to choose what he was wearing HE BECAME SUPER FAT. It was a glitch probably :(
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Because toddlers where removed from the game, they never learnt to walk and so they got no exercise and thus, they put on weight...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimslikeeeSimslikeee Posts: 188 Member
    My current sim had 8 children. The four girls were fat, and the four boys were all skinny lol.
    a89288ef-cb73-4b64-b739-a5fc56944e13.jpg

Bring back realistic babies and toddlers!
    Check out my blog for my simming adventures!
    http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com
  • Options
    IlliyeaIlliyea Posts: 41 Member
    I feel like its a toss up iv had both fat/skinny children and teens of both genders. If all your children are coming out the same weight maybe you have a glitch?
    Completed Challenges:
    Living off the Land, Tiny Living, Tudors Challenge, 100 baby Challenge
    Challenges in Progress:
    Parentcy Challenge, Royal Family Legacy
  • Options
    yeah maybe... My girls do vary a bit tho its just the boys
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    All of the children in my game are skinny, and when they turned into teen, some are super skinny to the point where I want to fatten them up! I don't know what I did.