The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animations You Haven't Seen Before

Recently I have seen a ccoule of animations I have never seen before.

One was an elder pouring some liquid on the ground. He was just standing near a non gardening plant and pouring a liquid from a container. I have no idea what he was doing.

Another one saw this morning. I took my Sim to The Shrieking Llama to do his mischievous actions before he went to work. He greeted an acquaintance with a double cheek kiss. I only told him to make a friendly introduction.

Have you seen any fun or puzzling animations lately?

Comments

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Are you sure they aren't glitches?
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    How would an animation be a glitch?
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member

To be honest, I'm not sure how to answer your question outside of just recognising that some animations are not working as intended. Peeing in toilet while mopping the floor is glitch. Changing into a jogging outfit and then taking a shower is a glitch. Music coming out of a sim who is not playing an instrument is a glitch. I've seen these.

Your first animation doesn't sound like a intended animation. I have no idea what you're seeing, and was only curious.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited March 2016
    I know with GT they added new greeting animations :) but what's going on with your elder can't say never seen it.
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    Like this:
    (Take a picture social interaction)
    1zv3kfr.jpg
    (Bro hug or normal hug, I believe)
    244r145.jpg
    (Invisible glass in his hand in the back, and I didn't know you could hold two drinks at the same time, so the front animation is one I hadn't seen before either)
    34ifq52.jpg
    I've been having a LOT of trouble with animations lately.
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    @Inna Minnit Hey I've actually seen the double kiss greeting today in my game and it had me like "oh that's new" I love to see things happen that I've never seen before I wonder when it was added.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    @Inna Minnit Hey I've actually seen the double kiss greeting today in my game and it had me like "oh that's new" I love to see things happen that I've never seen before I wonder when it was added.

It was added with GT I believe. :)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    SimplyTori wrote: »

Oh ok well that explains it.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options

yeah pretty sure I read somewhere that GT had some new greetings added to the game :)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I still come across stuff I've never seen. Sometimes I swear an animation is changed up like how the proposal goes seemed different to me from when the game started until just before GT. (The last time I tried that with sims). I'm not sure if I don't do certain things enough of if some things are mood and trait related and I just don't see them till I do.. but yeah I see different stuff now and then and double take over it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I know the other day I went to a bar and found a club downstairs playing games and when I tried to go talk to one of them I couldn't because the door was locked! I loved it! I was like how dare they lock that door on me lol. I think the club was called the good-timers
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Yeah, if I recall, they added new greetings with GT. So sims will usually greet their friends with a hug or whatnot. I'm not sure about the cheek kiss? Maybe snob sims do that? I haven't played TS4 much lately so I don't know much about the new greetings.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,723 Member
    Ah, yesterday, two of my sims did an autonomous high five again and I missed to take a screenshot of it. But it's so cute. :P
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited March 2016

yeah pretty sure I read somewhere that GT had some new greetings added to the game :)

It's us Europeans, you know. We're all about the cheek kissing. ;):*

@Lex2221 The locked door is a thing that came with the clubs, so that non-members can't join specific club events. It's quite handy if you have a more raunchy club...
  • Options
    vanee4vanee4 Posts: 119 Member
    I never saw the cheek kissing... just the hand shaking. The game certainly knows from which part of europe I am! :D