Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope i'm not the only one

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »
    That will be extremely frustrated if the patch coming this month will only have a new gnome or a painting!
    Remember in Sims 3 patches where we used to get nice things in patches like ability to swim in the oceans, rivers and lakes!
    Now the community freaks over a new painting
    -_- very sad really

It will be extremely annoying after all this wait with no contents and nothing new over this whole month, that we get a new green gnome bcus St. Patrik day or a similar painting -_-

These aren't things that we used to get in patches after LONG period of waiting

they will only add fix for bugs.. that's it.. I would not have any hopes high.. and maybe one two gnomes for St. Patrick..and some lovely banner " We love gnomes in green"
    No, if they were to do said banner correctly, it should read "Erin go bragh" Erin Go Bragh is an English approximation of the Gaelic phrase Éireann go Brách which translates roughly to 'Ireland Forever.'
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    The patch is probably just going to be some St. Patrick's day decorations and maybe some easter eggs. lol.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    @sunman502 I know what you mean, I would really like to have one more trait slot in the new patch this month; and wow a glamorous trait would be something very cool to have, I hope they consider that, I know it would make a big difference in my game ;)
    I was controlling one of my YA angels in the game one day, and realized just how glamorous she looked. And that's when it hit me that she needed a Glamorous trait in order to complete that part about her. So I had posted on here a request for a Glamorous trait to be added to the game. I was creating another YA female angel in CAS at that time also. And I think that it was right around that time when I had first realized that the number of trait slots don't equal the number of trait categories that are in the game. So that's how I ended up posting about both, because they both had something to do with traits in the game.
    I think that it was right around late summer or early fall of last year when I had talked about all this. And I think that I had posted this on a thread about CAS. B)

• Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited March 2016
    Really? Just look at this thread to see how much we got
    update content
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/869089/the-sims-4-complete-list-of-content-updates

---| 2014 |---

October -- Game update: [ ♦ ] Ghosts and 4 Star Wars costumes
    November -- Game update: [ ♦ ] Pools
    December -- Game update: [ ♦ ] 2 Careers ; moveobjets cheat, Pack: The Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack

---| 2015 |---

February -- Basegame: The Sims 4 (Mac, 64-bit) ; Game update: [ ♦ ] Genealogy, new clothing,
    March -- Game update: [ ♦ ] Basements, paint by refererance, two hairstyles

May -- Game update: [ ♦ ] 3 Star Wars costumes, party invitations;
    June -- Game update: [ ♦ ] Newcrest ;
    July -- Game update: [ ♦ ] Lock doors, a new door, fence and Half walls ;
    August -- Game update: Dishwashers, ;
    September -- Game update: [ ♦ ] Jealous trait and "Claim" beds ;

November -- Game update: [ ♦ ] 3 #TeamTreat Reward objects and Repair Service
    December -- Basegame: The Sims 4 (PC, 64-bit) ; Game update: Purple pool water and Pool lot
    -- Pack: The Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack (2015 update),

---| 2016 |---
    January -- Game update: [ ♦ ] 8 Posters ;
    February -- Game update: [ ♦ sad clown painting, grilled cheese aspiration, Kleptomaniac Trait, gardener;
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    TheSimer wrote: »
    update content
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/869089/the-sims-4-complete-list-of-content-updates

---| 2014 |---

December -- Game update: [ ♦ ] 2 Careers ; moveobjets cheat, Pack: The Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack

---| 2015 |---

February -- Basegame: The Sims 4 (Mac, 64-bit) ; Game update: [ ♦ ] Genealogy, new clothing,

December -- Basegame: The Sims 4 (PC, 64-bit) ; Game update: Purple pool water and Pool lot

---| 2016 |---
    February -- Game update: [ ♦ sad clown painting, grilled cheese aspiration, Kleptomaniac Trait, gardener;
    Your input to all that was talked about above is very much appreciated. But wickedangell666, CandyBunnie, and I was not talking about the lack of contents in the game patches. We were talking about how there isn't four trait slots in the game when there should be.
    And wickedangell666, and I were also talking about how cool it would be to have a Glamorous trait added to the game, since we were on the subject of traits, and trait slots.

• Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    update content

---| 2014 |---

---| 2015 |---

---| 2016 |---
    Your input to all that was talked about above is very much appreciated. But wickedangell666, CandyBunnie, and I was not talking about the lack of contents in the game patches. We were talking about how there isn't four trait slots in the game when there should be.
    And wickedangell666, and I were also talking about how cool it would be to have a Glamorous trait added to the game, since we were on the subject of traits, and trait slots.

I wrote this to what Op said.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »
    update content

---| 2014 |---

---| 2015 |---

---| 2016 |---

I wrote this to what Op said.
    Oh sorry! I was under the impression that you were responding to what wickedangell666, CandyBunnie, and I were talking about.
    ETA: We had posted about about trait slots, and a glamorous trait because those can be patched into the game. That's how trait slots, and a glamorous trait ended up being posted on here.

• Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    @sunman502 @CandyBunnie I'm sure lots of other people would also be happy with more trait slots and I really hope they can add that to our game...I know they added a lot of nice content to patches already and I want more :smiley: I'm always happy with more contents and anything that adds to our game play. I loved the glamorous trait idea and I wish they add that as well as any traits that we could add more personality and different style to the sims ;)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I actually do expect more than a gnome or painting from this team.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Complaining like this just seems so greedy to me. They have given us so much for free, now everyone just expects free stuff, and has a tantrum when they don't get it. It's nice when they give us stuff, but we are in no way entitled to it.

Except EA is a multi-national company that makes billions. They're not doing a favour for us, they're doing it for their own greed.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @sunman502 @CandyBunnie I'm sure lots of other people would also be happy with more trait slots and I really hope they can add that to our game...I know they added a lot of nice content to patches already and I want more :smiley: I'm always happy with more contents and anything that adds to our game play. I loved the glamorous trait idea and I wish they add that as well as any traits that we could add more personality and different style to the sims ;)
    I'm sure of that too, because I have read many posts from other Simmers where they too want more stuff like new traits, new contents, new aspirations, new game play; like more family oriented game play. Toddlers, pets, and all that added to the game. Which is why I wouldn't be at all upset if another Simmer jumps in on our little conversation about traits, and a glamorous trait being added to the game. In fact I would welcome their input in all this. Because that's what this whole forum is about, right? o:)

• Options
    PushingDaisiesPushingDaisies Posts: 50 Member
    It could be an amazing paycheck for this month or there's just a few small things added, idc but yes a new trait slot would be great! ^_^
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    That will be extremely frustrated if the patch coming this month will only have a new gnome or a painting!
    Remember in Sims 3 patches where we used to get nice things in patches like ability to swim in the oceans, rivers and lakes!
    -_- very sad really

It will be extremely annoying after all this wait with no contents and nothing new over this whole month, that we get a new green gnome bcus St. Patrik day or a similar painting -_-

they will only add fix for bugs.. that's it.. I would not have any hopes high.. and maybe one two gnomes for St. Patrick..and some lovely banner " We love gnomes in green"

Don't forget about Easter.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I think it s time for in bed animations to be patched in.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    -_- very sad really

Honestly? I wouldn't mind. It's a religious holiday. Plus I don't want every year of special things for the game to become tied to the same holiday cycle over and over. We had an Easter thing last year; I'd like something different this year.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    -_- very sad really

I'm hoping that they'll at least unlock the Easter Egg Hunt again this year. o:)

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Complaining like this just seems so greedy to me. They have given us so much for free, now everyone just expects free stuff, and has a tantrum when they don't get it. It's nice when they give us stuff, but we are in no way entitled to it.

Except EA is a multi-national company that makes billions. They're not doing a favour for us, they're doing it for their own greed.

How is demanding free stuff them being greedy, and not us being greedy? And how is them giving us free stuff them being greedy? And, I don't know if you know this or not, but businesses are in the business of making money. Businesses that don't make money don't get to be businesses long. They don't owe us a thing.

And you can't blame them for making so much money, either. We're the ones that gave it to them. We gave them a certain amount of money for a certain amount of product. They are not required to then give you more for free later. If they do, it is kindness, not greed.

Think of it this way: You pay one dollar for one glass of lemonade. That's the deal. You cannot later say, 'well, that lemonade stand made hundreds of dollars off of us, I think they owe us free cookies. After all, cookies SHOULD have been included with the lemonade.'
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

It's not selfish. It's called living up to their promises. They literally said that there WILL be new gameplay patched into the game EVERY month! Content and gameplay aren't necessarily the same thing. Adding just a gnome is NOT gameplay.

Don't call us "selfish" for wanting new gameplay every month. Blame them for promising to give us new gameplay every month. Maybe they shouldn't be making promises to their fans that they can't keep!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I think a lot of people on this post who are defending the patches we've gotten that include new gameplay (ghosts, pools, family trees, etc) are forgetting that the reason we got these was because the base game was desperately needing more stuff. When it was first released, the game was practically empty with almost no content or features. It was (and still is) boring.

Sims 3 didn't need new gameplay patches every month because it didn't lack content! It was a very satisfying base game. It was worth the money we paid for.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member

How is demanding free stuff them being greedy, and not us being greedy? And how is them giving us free stuff them being greedy? And, I don't know if you know this or not, but businesses are in the business of making money. Businesses that don't make money don't get to be businesses long. They don't owe us a thing.

And you can't blame them for making so much money, either. We're the ones that gave it to them. We gave them a certain amount of money for a certain amount of product. They are not required to then give you more for free later. If they do, it is kindness, not greed.

Think of it this way: You pay one dollar for one glass of lemonade. That's the deal. You cannot later say, 'well, that lemonade stand made hundreds of dollars off of us, I think they owe us free cookies. After all, cookies SHOULD have been included with the lemonade.'

Paragraph 1 - EA released Sims 4 with missing content everywhere. It isn't greedy to ask for the missing content to be patched in, as this company didn't include a multitude of features that were in every other base game to date (even Sims 1......). If we have already paid $60 for a product that was missing content from previous, cheaper, instalments, then it should follow that the company patches in the content that makes it worth the money we paid.

"They don't owe us a thing" is contradicted by both the previous two sentences and your second paragraph. They actually do owe us this content if we are giving money (more money than previous, fuller instalments) to them. If we didn't buy their games, then their company wouldn't exist much longer. Therefore, if we pay, we should get the quality to match the price. We are the ones keeping their business running, therefore it's them that should pay us back.

Look at it this way: You pay one dollar for one glass of lemonade. Later on, you buy from the same lemonade stand half a glass of lemonade for two dollars. You bought the lemonade, therefore you kept the business running. The owner of the lemonade stand should be thankful that their business has been kept running by you, and therefore they owe you a full glass.

Paragraph 2 - See above

Paragraph 3 - See above