Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Team Are You On?

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Team Sandbox!!!!!!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Sandbox. I don't like being told how to play my game.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Sandbox!

I couldn't let the game make decisions for me. I like being in control. Example? Look at those townies. I have to sort out their crazy outfits. It's anarchy! :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    Sandbox all the way.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Scripted for sims being able to take care of themselves (not let their motives fall low). Sandbox for everything else.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Sandbox/Scripted. I'm one who has had a blast when little things happen in my game that I didn't 'plan', that throws a monkey wrench at my family. Like having my Gen.3 groom abducted by aliens just prior to the wedding ceremony. :open_mouth: He's returned once his bride clicks on the wedding arch. Things proceed as they were intended to. They woohoo and she gets preggars. Next thing I realize, he's preggars, too. Within Sim hours of each other they have three babies between them. She a girl, and he twins; a girl and a boy, a nice lovely shade of lavender. :p Two Sim days later his wife morphs into an Elder. She just passed away, too. It's a good thing his younger brother (the spare) lives with him along with their ghostly grandfather (my Founder). The "tripletts" just morphed into teens. It's a triple threat. LOL (And I love Free Will. My Sims do just fine — with a little prompting from moi. ;) )
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Team Fun
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Team Sandbox.
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I love sandbox with a little script thrown in.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Sandbox player here.
  • Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    I'm team sandbox!
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Hmm a little bit of both, but more of a Sandbox team. I like creating my own storylines, but I also like when Sims that are not part of my household start dating and getting pregnant by random Sims.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Sandbox, but that only works when the features allowing one to play sandbox are there. Gameplay needs to be interesting and creative tools need to be present.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited March 2016
    Neither, or maybe both. I mean, I want to be able to do whatever I want to since it makes some sense. Like to go somewhere, I wouldn't mind calling a cab or anything, if I want my sim to wear something or have some accesory they need to buy it, these kind of scripted ways to do what I want, just as real life.

Adding: I also want to be in charge of my stories, but I don't mind a background or a question to resolve by myself.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    Sandbox, 100%.

One of things I don't like about TS4 is that it keep trying to force you to play a certain way. Worse is it keep undoing all the hard work you put into setting everything up they way you wanted, as you rotate households it spawns townies, deletes my sims (without a mod), create random relationships and deletes the ones I have carefully crafted. :(
  • Options
    Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    > @SweetieTreats said:
    > @NZsimm3r It's not a serious thread.

I n reality it IS a serious thread and I personally don't see why anyone who appreciates pure simulation would want any kind of scripting which they haven't created or can't create themselves. Luckily, the majority of the scripts can be edited or recreated with minimal effort if you can locate the appropriate utilities.

Now all we need is a save data packaging utility so we can work around the myriad of bugs that aren't being reported accurately.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    If I have to choose, I choose Team Sandbox. In reality, I like some scripting. True sandbox games are completely pointless. I find that boring. On the other hand, too much direction from the game and I'm bored too.
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    Both.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Sandbox
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Team Sandbox totally.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    Team Sandbox for play but Team Scripted for Parties :)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    If I have to choose, I choose Team Sandbox. In reality, I like some scripting. True sandbox games are completely pointless. I find that boring. On the other hand, too much direction from the game and I'm bored too.

I agree...

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I like things like collecting mementos in Bon Voyage and I only think TS3 is awesome because of World Adventures which was fabulously scripted. If all quest games were like that (with nothing scary to kill my character :scream:) then I would probably play more video games! To bad WA implodes into one hour plus loading screen times :unamused:
  • Options
    katniss9katniss9 Posts: 106 Member
    im a mix between both. it's nice to have a some control over whats going on, but it'd get a bit boring if i controlled everything, everything would be predictable
    KSMMNm59.jpg
  • Options
    PushingDaisiesPushingDaisies Posts: 50 Member
    I'm sandbox all the way. I love seeing my sims do things but I feel like they'd die if they weren't told what to do. Plus where is the fun in letting the game play itself?