Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Event Problems

RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
Here's a list of what I don't like about the wedding event so far

1 ) Guests never sit during the wedding You have to place the seats within the wedding arch but still some rather stand

2 ) Hardly any emotions during the wedding service no crying with joy, no giggling or even gross out looks from kids, no dreamy sighs, nothing

3 ) Caterers are lazy ( sometimes I don't have a sim that's a good cook )

4 ) Checklist versions of the event are pointless There's prizes for more cash but only a few are worth to keep imo

5 ) Timers are worthless

6 ) No double layer wedding cakes There's a Black & White double layer cake I discovered but there should be more

7 ) Not many wedding theme items There's a few here and there but not many wedding arches and some decor

8 ) No wedding veils

9 ) You can't edit the wedding attire at all for your wedding couple You can simply change out thankfully

10 ) No ice sculptures for rich weddings There's a llama ice sculpture but Ambitions' ice sculpting should make a return
= Sims Player for 17+ Years =
tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
Post edited by RoboSpongie on

Comments

• Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    edited March 2016
    To be completely honest, I feel like all (or some) of the social events are just a mess. I mean, I recently tried to plan a dinner party with my Sim and just her family, and while she was making the dinner there were Sims going into the fridge to get food (I reset them so they wouldn't) and also when she called to meal, nobody sat at the table! I even dragged the plate there beforehand and but everyone went off and did their own thing. Usually it worked when it was just her and the kids. I guess she'll have to make the dinner before she even plans the party! (But I also miss when you were able to set a specific time and attire for a social event)

Also, with weddings, the mother of the Sim getting married was literally standing in the middle of the altar, talking to someone as her son and daughter-in-law were exchanging vows and whatnot. I couldn't take screenshots because she was in the way! I dunno, maybe it's just me and there's some secret way of having the perfectly planned out event without anything going wrong :p

There have been more... Conflicts with social events I've planned, but they've happened so long ago that I can't even remember :D
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Kerwinkle wrote: »
    To be completely honest, I feel like all (or some) of the social events are just a mess. I mean, I recently tried to plan a dinner party with my Sim and just her family, and while she was making the dinner there were Sims going into the fridge to get food (I reset them so they wouldn't) and also when she called to meal, nobody sat at the table! I even dragged the plate there beforehand and but everyone went off and did their own thing. Usually it worked when it was just her and the kids. I guess she'll have to make the dinner before she even plans the party! (But I also miss when you were able to set a specific time and attire for a social event)

Also, with weddings, the mother of the Sim getting married was literally standing in the middle of the altar, talking to someone as her son and daughter-in-law were exchanging vows and whatnot. I couldn't take screenshots because she was in the way! I dunno, maybe it's just me and there's some secret way of having the perfectly planned out event without anything going wrong :p

There have been more... Conflicts with social events I've planned, but they've happened so long ago that I can't even remember :D

Have you tried making Sims static or what not from the settings
    so you can take charge of the wedding and atleast feel it was accomplished better?
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I don't get this, they created a new group that solves the problem that was patched in before get together and no one uses it. The social events have to either family or club or group for the timer to work right with the prestige parties. Other parties it don't matter like dance parties.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I asked one of the guru's if they could give us a wedding arch that works like the yoga mats in the fact that the wedding arch has a rectangle to put chairs. And then everything within the square has special interactions; i.e. Ask Guests to Sit , watch ceremony, etc. They never responded. :(@SimGuruDrake
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    Agreed, the social events in the game sound good on paper, but in practice they are just a mess and have plenty of issues that need addressing.
    I provide chairs at every wedding but guests would rather just stand around awkwardly and watch.

What I hate the most is guests helping themselves to the fridge. No matter if there is a caterer working away serving food, or if I already put food out for them to eat, there will still be some guests that go to the fridge and help themselves the households' supply. This would be quite rude and unacceptable in real life, so I wish Sims would not do it either! I guess locking doors to prevent them from getting to the kitchen would stop this, but most of my houses are open plan design so that isn't exactly possible!

Although sometimes I don't blame guests for going to the fridge because the caterers often provide terrible service too :P This happens only sometimes, not all the time, and seems more likely to happen when I select a specific Sim to be caterer, rather than select "Hire this role".

Sometimes they have a tendency to just stand around and do nothing, other times they begin preparing food so late into the event that guests are no longer hungry because they've already raided the fridge! In one of my weddings, the caterer did literally nothing but stand around and talk to guests, so I dismissed her and the poor bride and groom had to quickly whip up a cake and some BLT before rushing to actually get married before the timer ended! That was my first wedding though, I've learned to prepare food and cake in advance since then, just in case.

I would like to see the event planning system go back to Sims 3 style, where you plan the event in advance and the party doesn't start until the specified time. Maybe this way, caterers could show up a little early and get the food out a bit sooner, before guests steal my fridge food!

• Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    edited March 2016
    1 ) Guests never sit during the wedding

I don't know how it works, I only see my guests sited once in my game.
    That's really annoying.

That's right.
    My caterers are totally useless.
    That's why I never hired them again. :p

6 ) No double layer wedding cakes

I think those black & white/ white & black cakes are double-layered, aren't they?
    I'm just not satisfied with the cutting first piece of wedding cake thing, bride and groom should cut it together just like TS3. :|

The wedding event still has a lot of flaws which are needed to be improved.
  • Options
    @kinot9229 I'll double check those cakes ( haha ) but yeah it feels weird when one of them cut it, it should be both of them cutting it
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    @RoboSpongie
    Yes!
    And when they feed each other with that first piece of wedding cake, there's nothing on their forks.
    That's so weird & awkward . :o
  • Options
    @kinot9229 Yeahhhh, plus there should be more options for newlyweds for the first slice: One being the current and the other one like TS2 with stuffing cakes
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Kerwinkle wrote: »

Have you tried making Sims static or what not from the settings
    so you can take charge of the wedding and atleast feel it was accomplished better?

I thought about it, and it seemed like a good idea, but at the same time I wouldn't want the guests just standing there doing nothing. It's like you can't win, really. Maybe social events would be better with fewer Sims
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I usually make a cake, put wedding topper on and store in fridge until wedding, and have a banquetia plateau on hand and if the caterer is bad I serve food on the banqueria plateau. I also have some newly made food in fridge to serve if funds are short. What gets me, Birthday party, have adult make toast...all other tasks have been accomplished and the grader is in silver area, only task left is making toast...no matter how good the relationship, never get the action to ask someone to make toast...so never get gold only silver. Not that it really matters, I now do gatherings instead of parties. Had a wedding, groom called family and friends, bride called family and friends. Everyone had great time...used wedding arch, Sims sat, nobody cheered, forgot the cake in fridge, used banquette table with waterfall, best wedding ever, even I enjoyed.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    You don't have to let them get married in the "auto"outfit btw. They can wear whatever they like. :smile:
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I never have hired a caterer, the buffet tables work well. I keep my cake in the inventory till it is time to serve it.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I agree, weddings are a lot of planning . I spent a lot of time to have to perfect wedding and the caterer I hired flirted with the groom . He was so embarrassed at being caught cheating I was afraid he was going to die. Next time my couple will elope to Granite falls.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    nnea123nnea123 Posts: 63 Member
    1 ) Guests never sit during the wedding
    I think there was a time they did. Now they haven't for a long time and I have no idea why.

I always either cook the food before the wedding or I use the table that came with luxury party where you can just click and buy the food. I hire caterers and hope they would at least clean something..

6 ) No double layer wedding cakes
    There is a double layer wedding cake which unlocks when you have level 5 gourmet cooking skill. I think it's a base game thing since I don't have the black&white party.

9 ) You can't edit the wedding attire at all for your wedding couple
    You can. I always make them their wedding attires before the wedding. When the wedding starts and they are wearing something random you can click the sim and just select 'change outfit formal 2' or what ever number you made it to be :)
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    My guests sit. But only once they've got food. So the spend the whole ceremony chatting and munching! Lol!
  • Options
    nnea123 wrote: »
    1 )

You can. I always make them their wedding attires before the wedding. When the wedding starts and they are wearing something random you can click the sim and just select 'change outfit formal 2' or what ever number you made it to be :)
    If the sim is not in your household and especially if they are an NPC it's a roll of the dice to see what he or she will be wearing.

Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    @nnea123 Good points !
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    1 )

If the sim is not in your household and especially if they are an NPC it's a roll of the dice to see what he or she will be wearing.

You can bring them in the closet from get together and then ask them to show you their formal dress.
  • Options

SiliClone wrote: »
    1 )

You can bring them in the closet from get together and then ask them to show you their formal dress.

good point , I'm going to add closets to my wedding venues next time.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2016
    3 ) Caterers are lazy ( sometimes I don't have a sim that's a good cook ) - Meh. I use the buffet tables (LP) or pre-cook a few dishes before the event. Sims aren't fussy, it doesn't have to be fancy food, and they will even serve themselves straight from the fridge.

4 ) Checklist versions of the event are pointless - You do get the prizes this way which you can sell for a little extra cash.

6 ) No double layer wedding cakes - There is a plain white one called Tiered Cake in the Gourmet Cooking skill (and 2 more Black & White/White & Black tiered cakes if you have... LP? DD?).

7 ) Not many wedding theme items - (You might want to check out LP for the chairs/some of the sparkly dresses)

9 ) You can't edit the wedding attire at all for your wedding couple - You can set up an outfit in formal and switch to it as soon as you start the wedding party. That's what I always do.

10 ) No ice sculptures for rich weddings - Pretty sure there is a llama ice sculpture somewhere in the catalogue (might need unlocks cheat)

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2016

SiliClone wrote: »
    1 )

good point , I'm going to add closets to my wedding venues next time.

Closets are also good for consumating the marriage. It's a shame to let that Very Flirty mood of the happy couple go to waste. >:)<3
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I love the caterers. They arrive on time and always cook tons of wonderful food. Maybe you have to hire a different caterer?
  • Options
    Updated the post !!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @imhappy Yeah I picked the hire a role option and I keep getting the Maxis Windenburg ladies that rather gossip than cook ( I need the Windenburg Maxis folks for clubs it takes forever for new clubs to appear )