Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Skill Based on Family/Parenting

I thought it would be nice to get a 10 level skill based around being a good family member, or being a good parent. A 'Family' skill.

It would be a social-based skill, similar to the Charisma skill, but focused more on interactions between family members. You'd advance by using friendly socials on family members, or members of your household.

Maybe you also gain points by cleaning up the house: washing pots, clothes, etc. Or through fixing broken objects on the home lot.

Advancing up the skill levels would unlock new special interactions, and I'd love to hear your ideas for these. :)

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I like the idea. :)
    The existing family actions could contribute to the skill, and maybe just those interactions alone(to make it a bit challenging).
    An unlocked family social could be "Tell Story about Simology". Giving the listeners a random moodlet as a reaction to the story. Like: "That Happened to Them?" Tense Moodlet -Heard story about terrifying events in family's Simology- :o
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Oooh, I really like the 'Tell Story about Simology' suggestion.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    @Tarruvi I actually think that's a brilliant idea.
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    Great idea. Helping with homework or teaching how to swim could contribute too. As an unlocked interaction I'd like to see 'Advise on... work/relationship'- whatever is making a family member sad/tense/angry due to a specific trait and that would erase the moodlet. And having all the family-related tasks go smoother as your level up your skill.
  • Options
    Thanks @chocis, I really like the idea of offering advice and finding out why a family member is upset. It reminds me of when the mum in one family was really upset and not of the others seemed aware of it. I wanted the other family members to show concern indirectly. So maybe getting a 'worried about' moodlet, or being able to talk to other family members about the sad sim, 'Show concern for...'.

I like your suggestion of having tasks go more smoothly/quickly as you level up as well.
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    You're right. I also feel the lack of emotional awareness in taking away depth from families. 'Worried about' moodlet seems like a good solution. To be honest, I think they could add worried/scared emotion. Then family-skilled parents could comfort their children for example.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    We need more family moodlets it feels flat as heck

Like the "surrounded by family" moodlet is all we got besides confident moodlets for tutoring
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    I'd like the scared emotion back too, @chocis. I loved how in TS3 the kids would get paranoid about there being something under the bed and would need comforting.

@RoboSpongie is there really no buff for that already? Wow. Yeah, that's a really nice one.