Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Incest bug. Still.

Can we please have the incest bug fixed?

Honestly. Incest bug on Reddit.

If I find it in my game files I can certainly send to staff so they can look, but it looks like siblings (or whoever else related) can get 'romantic interest' notifications in their relationship panel if both are present when one sim is trying to flirt with an unrelated sim.. and their related sim joins the convo.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Haven't seen that cause of romance bars appearing in a year now. Posting there to get it reported in the right place (assuming his game is up to date and or it's not a family he just returned to in a really old save).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Haven't seen that cause of romance bars appearing in a year now. Posting there to get it reported in the right place (assuming his game is up to date and or it's not a family he just returned to in a really old save).

I think they fixed it initially, but yup.. looks like it's back. :(
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited March 2016
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »

I think they fixed it initially, but yup.. looks like it's back. :(

Let's hope not (that it's back, that is). There's a chance it's a remnant of the older bug in a long-term save.

Thanks for posting here, @Sim_Lucent! I catch up on the Reddit forum occasionally, but not regularly.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    In my opinion there's several instances of the so called Incest bug.
    1. Children whims to flirt with someone --> Fixed a LONG while ago
    2. Children having a romantic relationship with their parents --> There were like to interactions between children and parents that would cause this issue, leaving a romantic bar --> Fixed a while ago
    3. Sims having random relationships with Sims, even related one --> This would happen, if two Sims were flirting with each other at a bar and others joined in the conversation. All Sims in the conversation would gain romantic relationships --> This has been fixed with the new GT interface.
    4. Sims having romantic interactions with relatives --> Connected to random family tree failures. Sometimes, Sims don't show the correct relationships in the family tree anymore which causes romantic interactions to pop-up. They still show as related on the info panel, but not the family tree --> Still in the game.
    5. Romantic bar between Sims that were made related with the Fulleditcas cheat. --> Still in the game. That cheat does simply still not work as it should.

As luth said, existing relationships were never corrected, even if the actual bug behind is patched.

Any save games with either of these bugs would be extremely helpful.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I have noticed that the incest bug might be because of the breakup of the family tree, when I had my sims get divorced the kids did not have a farther, but had a mother, the family tree breaks naturally when a sim dies. if its the head of the household anyone that had any relations with the one that died the others will not see him/her as relations anymore. This is really a easy fix just have the dead ghost sim get married again. Same when the other sim dies.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."