Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What we love about The Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited March 2016
    s1mszzang wrote: »
    hahahah I guess i am spamming this page.. Sorry OP :p<3o:)
    but one more thing LOLOLOLOL
    I love we can make lots of foods with original sims 4 only
    general cooking+ GOURMET COOKING +cupcake cooking
    LGzUV4T.jpg
    0bTvn4z.jpg
    V7x6wtW.jpg
    xVleVJn.jpg

I love the stores to! I made a thriftshop once, with just lots of different clutter, furniture, paintings etc. That was pretty fun. :#

Edit: I noticed I qouted the wrong post, ment to qoute the one with all the different stores you had.

But yes, I love the cooking to! The culinarycareer is one of my faves :blush:
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I think the CAS is pretty awesome and definitely the best CAS system they've made. I do miss body hair being an option and am hoping that it will show up eventually, but hey that is how it was in Sims 3 too we didn't have it right off the bat.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited March 2016
    CAS is great and so far, I love the Scientist career from GTW. I haven't played much of the other careers yet.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I don't know that I can list them all...or think of them all at once, lol.

Love CAS. They need to add body hair for sure. I hate seeing my bare chested men. lol
    They should figure out how to add nail polish too.

I love how the pregnant sims can wear any outfit!!!
    How the elders and teens can wear everything too, although some things don't look good on them. lol

The lighting and color of the worlds. I even like the blurry haze of the distance. I like the glowy effect.

The wall heights.

The building is tons of fun. Can't wait until we get more stuff to work with.

That all the towns connect to make a growing world. I love how each new city will grow my Sims world. Big deal for me.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I love the new CAS; the Build/Buy mode; the ability to take a Sim back into CAS and fix something I overlooked originally; I love the daily tasks for job improvement; I love that you don't have to make a bunch of friends to gain Charisma Skill (always seemed backward before — people MAKE friends easier because they're charismatic, they don't become Charismatic because they have friends); I love that while I'm with a Sim either on the job or out dancing, I can direct the Sims left on the home lot to do something useful; I do like the look of these Sims; I love the children in this game; I love that the town ages along with my Sims, and don't remain static as in Sims2; I love the lack of Story Progression because it was borked in Sims3. Overall, I just love this game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Where do I begin? <3B)
    The Sims themselves are my favorites. I love the art style of the Sims in 4. They are so beautiful! Love their animations and how they act with one another, always engaging one another socially. There are so many more interactions to do than ever before, which I've always wanted in The Sims. I love the emphasis on and color-coding of the emotions system and how it affects them, from expressions, to walk styles, to choice of actions. Love their hair, clothing, furniture and objects!

Their worlds are also beautiful and inviting. I like how they have all the public areas to explore around every single neighborhood anywhere they go. This is how the "semi-open" worlds do not feel small to me. Everywhere is interconnected--it's huge, really. Love the train whistles and river boat blasts in the distance, the ring-a-ling of the trolley, the dust clouds, tumble weeds, wind, the birds and bees, waterfalls, streams, and other effects! All the sites and sounds are so lovely. Very absorbing!

Love the music, both in build/buy mode and on stereos (which I play on highest volume--heehee)!

I love the huge telescope, watching it turn and adjust when they navigate from inside it. It is so fun to watch them use it--I put one in all the major parks. I also like the giant cupcake machine, the "microscope" (heh) and the rocket ships! Pure classic Sim silliness! :p

I love the versatility and ease of CAS and build mode, including hats on any hairstyle, boots on any trousers, use of any clothing for pregnancy, any clothing for any category, clothing across age groups, and 5 outfits per category, curved counters, different cabinet heights/sizes, curved fences, foundation/wall heights, being able to go straight into build mode from live mode on a community lot, etc. etc.! So many improvements! :)

I especially love gardening in Sims 4 more than any other past version. It's truly a joy.

I am thrilled with the new content and features brought into play by all the various packs so far, especially Get to Work and Get Together.

There's so much more that I could go on and on about to describe my satisfaction. There just really isn't much I can say that I *don't* like about Sims 4. It really is my perfect cup of tea. :) It truly is a pleasure for me to play and my favorite of the series.

I look forward with glee to all that is to come. Put me down for a big, sparkly, happy, rainbow, A+++ YES! <3
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I know you asked for no negativity, so I hope this doesn't come across as a criticism, but honestly the only thing I don't like about TS4 is that it seems to be missing some important things. I like everything else about it, and agree with most things that others have listed here. I think TS4 has the potential to be the best in the series if they make the right decisions regarding future content.

I love that it doesn't lag or crash all the time. Even my awesome PC really struggled with TS3 at times.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Great screenshots! I'm with you there is a lot of negativity and my posts can come across that way often I suppose being that i'm still waiting on them to wow me (with toddlers now). I said this in another thread earlier but it bares repeating!

I love the system of time in the Sims 4, along with travel. The *real* time gameplay is a big improvement from the thing I hated most about Sims 2.

I *LOVE* the Sims themselves. Always have, but I wasn't totally sold on the hair. I knew it would grow on me, but wouldn't be my choice.

I love *Sims 2* style engine and base. I agree with folks about semi-open worlds being limited, but I think it's great from a gameplay perspective because the dynamics must be far better and far more life like, ala "The Sims 2". (I know, I know)

I love the graphics. I do. That pixar feeling gives me life. lol I *hated* the "bloom" effect in the first debut but I really love the finished product... because they've increased detail in objects, textures etc a bit more since the launch. PPS was the first "content release" that I got like so excited for 4 because the detail in the objects was *WAY* better than most of the base game items. #rushed

I love the detail the current set up gives. I love that there are lots of "townie" homes on display and other places. I will miss having specific lots to go to for jobs and such, and was really hoping that would be a thing some day in the Sims series, but maybe in 5 with a taste of it in 4. (GTW but for all careers).

I love the potential this game really has. The engine - the lots, the semi open worlds. I Think the detail that is able to be created by using so many "world decor" objects as we call them gives the team an awesome opportunity to really grow this game into something awesome. I hesitate at times because of the negative aspects of the game, but overall I'm hoping on the best. I really do feel part of their "hush hush" play on things and they're pushback of releasing their "exclusive content membership" says they are working on getting the game where it needs to go for the future. I think that's what Sarah meant by her tweet regarding it being a great base to build on. Sims 2 had crazy major changes within it's release - that's granted. We didn't see neighboring lots other than trees and a few decor items when it was released. That didn't come until Late Night. Everything was so much cooler just because you could see the surrounding region from your Sims homes. They took that very far in Sims 3 and it was awesome but the open world concept was ahead of its time I feel like. Regardless of it it could have performed better for what it was, it wasn't giong to have that same "coded magic" that made the Sims in 2 so real relative to the Sims in 3.

I don't care what EA says tho, maybe Emotions weren't a "feature" in the Sims 2, but those Sims had their own emotions. And their zodiac signs even seemed to represent their emotions. It was crazy. To this day I play Sims 2 and I'm like "what are they talking about Sims never had emotions? They just weren't "labeled" or "featured". They had them from launch. lol Sims 3 sims didnt have emotions. Just animations.

Didn't Will work on Sims 2 before he left the series? ;)

• Options
    MiKeeMiKee Posts: 72 Member
    I can play hours . Does it count why I like this? I recall I used to play for hourse other sim games but after trying this version, I close as soon as I open it.
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    It's a great game, and I agree has a lot of potential, we just need some more content. I m looking forward to having balls and the kids playing ball games in the park. I love the way the sims look and the way they talk and interact at the table or when they sit down together and a big group of sims just sits and chats. I even quite like retail, I know it's not the same as open for business in sims 2 which I loved, but it's nice to be able to run shops again. My favourite skill is the baking skill, i ve got a cooking/baking club which is really fun to play. It's a good game, I know there is a lot of criticism of it but I really like this game I just don't usually bother to post. Looking forward to future content though, especially more stuff for families to do together. Oh and yoga is great, really missed that in sims 3, fun to make my sim who lives in her own in a tent on the island, wake up and do yoga in the fresh air near the sea every day.
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    And although I also love the sims 3, I love that it's easy for me to do rotational play again, I loved that in sims 2 and tried it in sims 3 but it's a bit harder. I like creating my own soap opera and it's easy to do that in sims 4
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited March 2016
    Just found one more thing. Seriously love the fact that my sim just got a call from Johnny Zest, aking if she wanted to join Club Cosplay. I did not know that they made clubs themselves besides the pre-made clubs. I love that! And a Cosplay club? That's just the coolest thing!
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Hannie wrote: »
    Just found one more thing. Seriously love the fact that my sim just got a call from Johnny Zest, aking if she wanted to join Club Cosplay. I did not know that they made clubs themselves besides the pre-made clubs. I love that! And a Cosplay club? That's just the coolest thing!

I didn't know they did that either. That's pretty cool.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    No lag is gr8. The food looks delicious! I don't need to draw plans on paper before I start building because I can move the entire house?? Sign me up!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Whimsy and expressiveness above all. Plus a world structure that just keeps on growing without needing new saves, multitasking, CAS flexibility, build ease of error correction, the Gallery, separate hats, relative lack of story progression without time travelling... But all that is secondary to the whimsy and expressiveness of this game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I love the gallery and being able to search & pull other Simmers creations immediately into your game. Build mode is the bomb. I never built houses in TS2 or TS3, but I love building in TS4. I love being able to travel to any world and visit any Sim in that world. I like how the Sims look and the animations/graphics. I like how pregnant Sims don't have to wear maternity clothes & are able to go to work pregnant. I like that Sims can take vacation days & family leave (to prepare for upcoming birth of new baby). I like that there's no chimes/music to notify us if our Sim is pregnant after 'Try for Baby'. It's nice to be surprised that there will be a new addition to the family. I like multi-tasking feature. & I like the social events. In regards to skills, writing and gardening are my favorite compared to past versions. With writing, you get paid everyday. & with gardening...even though it takes forever to get 'perfect' harvestables, once you do, it's well worth the wait as your Sim is pretty much set financially especially (if you plant the newer items (from outdoor retreat, or alien/sixam plants). I like the active careers & that we have options to go to work with them or not. & I like the retail portion of GTW.