Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could we have different cultural styles of sitting down for suppers/'tables'?

Asian style (floor seating)

IMG_295352afa8f4b6fac-1024x682.jpg

Middle Eastern Style:
162745075-an-middle-eastern-culture-family-eat-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=%2FDbaze8eNjguuvBcLDMEHC3F7zjSAVc%2BeQ31KGPqvNk3hbWrGGqyfXE23KuWNitNrGb0%2BYmDVJroitOy3JmFLQ%3D%3D

6adMCGP.gif

Comments

• Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited February 2016
    I would love having the crisscross style of seating yourself at the table. I would think there would be a low table, and to sit there, our sim walks on top of the cushion and leg crosses down into place. :)
    I worded that oddly, but I hope it came across to others clearly enough. A new "chair" would be the aforementioned cushions.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's too hard for them to make sims lounge with their feet up at the pool, so I'm sure they "can't" make them sit on the floor to eat. That's why we don't have picnics anymore. It would be nice to have.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It's too hard for them to make sims lounge with their feet up at the pool, so I'm sure they "can't" make them sit on the floor to eat. That's why we don't have picnics anymore. It would be nice to have.

expect we can have then sit on cushions to mediate with Spa Day...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee
    I forgot about that! XD
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    @MadameLee
    I forgot about that! XD
    maxresdefault.jpg

all that would need to happen is for them to make cushions for something like a low coffee table for eating off of.

My 2nd idea would be more diffcult the middle-eastern style
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member
    I would really dig this, in the photo OP posted Ive always found that type of eating scenery and style super relaxing!
    giphy.gif

• Options
    I would really dig this, in the photo OP posted Ive always found that type of eating scenery and style super relaxing!

your welecome
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    This would be a nice addition, especially if they added vacation spots in areas where sitting on the floor is a common practice.
  • Options
    greenXen wrote: »
    This would be a nice addition, especially if they added vacation spots in areas where sitting on the floor is a common practice.

yeah
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I also wish we could have Asian styles of beds like what's in Korean called Yos
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

I would LOVE having this type of bed in game. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

I would LOVE having this type of bed in game. :smiley:

I think they look like this (but I never seen them personally): abcd070d_original.jpg?aki_policy=x_large
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SophieLogicSophieLogic Posts: 53 Member
    @Tarruvi I love that picture! It's like the perfect representation of how I see the eating style working!

Maybe if they did like a whole "Culture" Expansion pack it would bring so much diversity. Sure you can make sims look like they are from different places but they all have to act as if they are from around these parts. Fine sure they made Windenburg to introduce a different build style but that's only part of it. Would be a nice cross over if they had something for aliens for those who have the get to work expansion!
  • Options
    @Tarruvi I love that picture! It's like the perfect representation of how I see the eating style working!

Maybe if they did like a whole "Culture" Expansion pack it would bring so much diversity. Sure you can make sims look like they are from different places but they all have to act as if they are from around these parts. Fine sure they made Windenburg to introduce a different build style but that's only part of it. Would be a nice cross over if they had something for aliens for those who have the get to work expansion!

GTW has Simax, but wish non-alien sims could live on it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    > @MadameLee said:
    > SophieLogic wrote: »
    >
    > @Tarruvi I love that picture! It's like the perfect representation of how I see the eating style working!
    >
    > Maybe if they did like a whole "Culture" Expansion pack it would bring so much diversity. Sure you can make sims look like they are from different places but they all have to act as if they are from around these parts. Fine sure they made Windenburg to introduce a different build style but that's only part of it. Would be a nice cross over if they had something for aliens for those who have the get to work expansion!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > GTW has Simax, but wish non-alien sims could live on it.

I've not yet got that far into exploring that option. Can you send them there and follow them or was that just the scientists?
  • Options
    @SophieLogic
    I've just recently learned you could build a space ship, upgrade it with a wormhole, and get to Sixam that way from @FallenPrince . :smile:
  • Options
    > @MadameLee said:
    > SophieLogic wrote: »
    >
    > @Tarruvi I love that picture! It's like the perfect representation of how I see the eating style working!
    >
    > Maybe if they did like a whole "Culture" Expansion pack it would bring so much diversity. Sure you can make sims look like they are from different places but they all have to act as if they are from around these parts. Fine sure they made Windenburg to introduce a different build style but that's only part of it. Would be a nice cross over if they had something for aliens for those who have the get to work expansion!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > GTW has Simax, but wish non-alien sims could live on it.

I've not yet got that far into exploring that option. Can you send them there and follow them or was that just the scientists?

You can visit there but you can only take a single sim (basically the sicentest or the arsonut)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    @Tarruvi @SophieLogic
    Yeah. You can build a rocket, upgrade it and fly to sixam. I could nto wait for aliens to abduct me and struggled so hard, so I just built it, upgraded it with multiple things until warmhoel generator upgrade was available and then traveled to Sixam. Snatched a good looking alien and made a baby.
  • Options
    @FallenPrince Niceeee! Do you have to be a scientist or astronaut or can you like cheat to get the spaceship?
  • Options
    @SophieLogic You don;t have to be either scientist or an astronaut. My sim was a doctor. All you need is aptience and a lot of money, because building and upgrading it can be expensive. Rocketship is unlocked for any sim, so you don't need any specific career or something of that sort.
  • Options
    @SophieLogic I found carl's guide sor sims 4.
    "Method 1: Rocket Science
    The primary method for most Sims to reach Sixam is to reach level 10 Rocket Science and install a Wormhole Generator for $1,000. In all, the project will cost you $7,000 and some time. The extra upgrades aren't needed. Your Rocket will simply have the ability to Travel Through Wormhole to reach Sixam."
  • Options
    @FallenPrince Handy to know, one of these days I might get around to doing it. Instead tonight I spent my time building likes and comments so i can start posting pictures on the forum xD I'm doing the highlander challenge and I might see if when my founder sim gets bored to send them on up there!
  • Options
    > @FallenPrince said:
    > @SophieLogic I found carl's guide sor sims 4.
    > "Method 1: Rocket Science
    > The primary method for most Sims to reach Sixam is to reach level 10 Rocket Science and install a Wormhole Generator for $1,000. In all, the project will cost you $7,000 and some time. The extra upgrades aren't needed. Your Rocket will simply have the ability to Travel Through Wormhole to reach Sixam."

I hear sometimes your sim can die in a ship? Is that because it's poorly upgraded?
  • Options
    I don't mean to be rude, but as OP could we get back to the topic please?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Sorry :( It would be good if they could bring the alien culture back though. Like in TS2 where you go on holiday you can learn new handshakes. To come back from space (and for any future expansion packs) or holiday destination and have learnt some culture than can be put into your sims life like the food and or ways the react to things around there house. Like imagine them going to somewhere like africa (obviously sim version) and coming back they start wasting less food. Making it like a trait they learnt to be less wasteful!