Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your prediction for The Sims 4 is: ....

SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
This is how i predict the future for the sims 4. It wont be fun, but thats what the game has showed me for the passed 1.5 year now.. No fun.

* Cars will never be added
* Toddlers might come one day.. but not soon! And not free..
* Loading screens will never dissappear. Sub hoods wil also never be added.
* They might add some driving cars/walking sims on the map, just as how they add some simple colors to it and half listen to our ideas.
* CAW will never make it.
* Supernatural will make it (not my fav, but thats what i think).
* Culling we never be totally gone, but everytime 'fixed' in an useless EA way. By raising the gap or by removing it and then adding it back, cause of some new expansions that couldnt handle too much freedom for us players.
* Some new packs we never had before in previous games (that might be one of the good things)
* NOT so many useful packs and expansions in a short time period as we knew from previous games.
* They will continue their marketing strageties that completely fail on us, but also them. Things as almost no anouncemens, unanswered questions, no future content, no leaks, no lists of info on whats to come etc.

How do you predict the future for the sims 4? It can be positive or negative. Its what you truly think, not what you wish it will be.

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    - I feel like the usual stuff like Seasons, Pets, and University will definitely make it in (a school chance card even mentions college)
    - Supernaturals is a maybe. I'm leaning a bit more towards yes however
    - Don''t think cars will ever make it in, I just don't think they'd work with the way traveling is set up now (like going straight to the world map and just appearing on the lot)
    - As much as I'd hate for it to be true, I would not be surprised if we never got toddlers.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited February 2016
    I've added my own- fears- first and then changed (in bold) your predictions below. I could probably come up with more but I'm at work- lol.

*There will not be Seasons as people imagine them from previous games but instead a "snowy" or "sunny/rainy" vacation pack(s) that will be widely touted as "WEATHER!"
    *There will never be CASt.
    *Supernaturals will be harmless creatures dredged up from the mind of a five year old and designed more for slap stick, sophomoric humor then as anything serious and they'll smile and act "sexy" a lot.
    *Over all the game will be remembered by and large as a misstep by EA/Maxis and while I think it will ultimately prove to be fun and successful it will not live up to it's lineage.
    SimsFur wrote: »
    This is how i predict the future of the sims 4. It wont be fun, but thats what the game has showed me for the passed 1.5 year now.. No fun.

* Cars will never be added- Cars will be added as a "stuff pack" with attendant racing gear, tool boxes ect- maybe even the ability to "build a car" ala Roaring Heights BUT they'll mostly be yard/street jewelry like in S2
    * Toddlers might come one day. Sooner than later and they'll be patched as a basic version for free but included with far more clothing, furniture, toys ect in an EP at the same time.
    * They WILL NOT add some driving cars/walking sims on the map, just as how they add some simple colors to it and half listen to our ideas due to lack of demand.
    * CAW will never make it. Yes, CAW will NEVER MAKE IT.
    * Culling we never be totally gone, but everytime 'fixed' in an useless EA way. By raising the gap or by removing it and then adding it back, cause of some new expansions that couldnt handle too much freedom for us players.
    * Some new packs we never had before in previous games (that might be one of the good things)
    * The packs and expansions in a short time period as we knew from previous games will continue and over all be as useful as they ever were.
    * They will continue their marketing strageties that completely fail on us, but also them. Things as almost no anouncemens, unanswered questions, no future content, no leaks, no lists of info on whats to come etc.

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah. I've pretty much come to terms with there being no CAW. They could add it and everything else at some point. I don't know. It's past being too little; too late for me at this point though. I highly doubt they'll add anything, or do it right to draw me back in.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I find it so hard to predict anything for TS4.

Packs are only announced shortly before it's released, people say there's hint about everything but in fact it's just our imagination, some of then may be true hints but we will never know, because there's currently a whole sea made of hints where it's impossible to identify a true hint. Other than that, the way some people feel about TS4 is always changing, sometimes it's obvious they are listening to the players, but then they just ignore everyone the other day.
    But i will try to predict some stuff, here are my EP predictments:

EP3: Generations or Town Life.
    EP4: Pets or Generations.
    EP5: Vacations and Seasons or only Vacations.
    EP6: Seasons or Showtime.
    EP7: Supernatural.
    EP8: University.
    EP9: Metropolis.

Maybe University will be combined with Generations but idk.
    - Toddlers will be patched in for free.
    - I would say there's 50% of chance of pre teens being patched in but it would be something very very bare bones.
    - Cars may come in a patch too, if they don't then maybe carpools and taxis will.
    - CAW will be dowgraded version of TS3, but what i think is very possible to happen is that we will get TS2 style neighborhood maker.
    - Horses will never be added, but they will possibly replace it with other animal.
    - CAST will never be added but we can still get a program like TS2's Body Shop, but one that works much better.

Forget the fact that TS4 will never have some features that TS3 had, such was Open world and CAST, i still think a big majority of the players will end up liking it, even the people who say TS4 is just a boring mess, in my opnion it has a lot of potential and i think the developers and the community is still going to surprise us a lot. It's unrealistic to think toddlers will never return, and after they return i think things will settle down a little and we will slowly start to get more communication and info about future content.

That's my predicment and i'm probably wrong about 80% of the stuff i wrote, but we never know. :)
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,955 Member
    For me the future looks bright for Sims 4. I've enjoyed all the releases to date and look forward to what's coming next. The one feature I really wanted,open neighborhoods, will not be added so I've put that wish behind and am focusing on all the good things I enjoy about this version.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    This is how I predict the future for the sims 4:

* Toddlers will never come.
    * Loading screens will never disappear. Sub hoods will also never be added.
    * We will never get a colour wheel.
    * Supernatural will not make it.
    * Culling will never be totally gone.
    * They will keep adding random romantic flings to played/switched households.
    * They will continue to cut corners at every opportunity.
    * They will continue churning out SPs, GPs and EPs that capture their 'vision' but nobody elses.

I think toddlers will come, I just have this fear it's not going to be what we imagine. They will also NOT be free. We will never get preteens.

I think that despite the outcry of our "object babies", they will stay that way the whole game's life (no revamping). That goes for teen height as well.

I think that cars won't return until very late in this game's life.

I think weather will only be in certain areas (like vacation lots).. Not in neighborhoods.

I think pets will return, but we won't get horses again.

I think culling/family tree loss will always be an issue in this game without mods. The same goes for this story progression with love interests and such. I think there might be a patch to add some sort of faithful trait to hinder it, but that's about it.

Overall, I think this game will get better (it has in many ways for me) but only for those willing to dish out the money.

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Easiest prediction: More Stuff.

Deffo more Stuff.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    These are my nightmares every night.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    This is how i predict the future for the sims 4. It wont be fun, but thats what the game has showed me for the passed 1.5 year now.. No fun.

* They might add some driving cars/walking sims on the map, just as how they add some simple colors to it and half listen to our ideas.
    * NOT so many useful packs and expansions in a short time period as we knew from previous games.

How do you predict the future for the sims 4? It can be positive or negative. Its what you truly think, not what you wish it will be.

Dynamic maps are something I do not believe they will do...It's probably not even possible.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    1. Family play will come in the form of patched in toddlers with an EP that adds truckloads more interactions, animations, stuff etc
    2. Weather will be in the form of destination worlds with each destination having themed activities around that particular weather.
    3. Cars will be added as a destination world/adventure thing (Not my kinda thing at all but still that's what I'm guessing.)
    4. More careers will be added, rock star, bands that kind of thing, eventually.
    5. Supernaturals will be added (omg they have to be otherwise I'll die) but not as we expect them... lol (preparing myself for disappointment) There's been mention of 'elementals'. I hope this isn't going to turn into a rehash of the completely underwhelming reactions of 'soaking' a sim using voodoo... that would be terrible. Or being able to control 'water' by soaking up puddles. *shudder* Surely even this iteration couldn't be that lame.
    7. Pets.. dunno how but I guess it will focus more around cutsie groom them up stuff.
    8. University? I really don't know, hope so but the thought of not being in a completely separate world (and time freezing for everyone else back at home) kinda freaks me out. The fun of university, for me, was complete immersion and getting a break from controlling all your other sims back home)
    9. As for town life etc, probably in some form or another but I can't see apartments in this series at all.

And the obvious Cast and open worlds not returning as we know this from conversations from the devs so those points are closed imo
    Basically, I don't really have a clue as so far nothing has been as I've expected really. *shrug* I'm going through another "I think I like it but I'm not 100% sure" phase again... this love/hate relationship is a killer!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    Here's mine based on @SimsFur

I definitely think cars are coming.

Toddlers are coming, likely within a year or two. Might not be free.

Agreed. Sub hoods maybe, but likely not.

I think the maps might get updated again with CAW and that's why they didn't put much energy into adding colours.

CAW might make it, not sure on this one.

Yes, definitely.

Could be right. But I think they'll figure out a way to save family trees.

Yep.

I don't know. We got two packs last year and GT was great, GTW just ok, but some liked it. That seems like a normal release rate.

Sadly I think yes on this one.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    Isnt it funny how they sold this basegame as: strong and able to build high up from there. They said they would rather focus on a strong core game, so they could add almost anything they wanted to on it.

But all i hear is: Impossible, cant do it, too much work, coding wont let us for now (or ever) etc. Guess that basegame isnt so strong after all.

Of course they're going to say that....
    What else would they say? "Please accept this Frankenstein of a game that we Elmer glued the last year and half of development" (?) The serial patches after launch of a few major ticket features (pools, ghosts, genealogy etc..) screamed half baked.

If anyone of them working on that project really claimed to play this from 1-3 they must know this sequel is lacking in many ways. The smiles and the avoidance are all just business. The lies are just for PR to shakily enforce that everything is under control when it's clearly not. A year later and we finally get a Gardner? No word on toddlers. I mean at ALL. Cars neither. The basic stuff. Almost at year 2 and we're excited about restaurants.

Yes for sure and they know.. Its pretty ugly to see how low a human's soul can go for money. That will always remain.
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited February 2016
    I just do not see how, based on the past 18 months, any one can feel like they can make accurate predications. The development of The Sims 4 has been baffling and very illogical. Absolutely anything is possible.

I would not be surprised if they never add toddlers to the game, nor would I be surprised if they did. There does not seem to be any pattern or logic to what gets added to the game. Packs get released that are not needed and enhance little, whilst the major deficits and flaws go ignored.

Who knows what the people in change are thinking.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I've added my own- fears- first and then changed (in bold) your predictions below. I could probably come up with more but I'm at work- lol.

*There will not be Seasons as people imagine them from previous games but instead a "snowy" or "sunny/rainy" vacation pack(s) that will be widely touted as "WEATHER!"
    *There will never be CASt.
    *Supernaturals will be harmless creatures dredged up from the mind of a five year old and designed more for slap stick, sophomoric humor then as anything serious and they'll smile and act "sexy" a lot.
    *Over all the game will be remembered by and large as a misstep by EA/Maxis and while I think it will ultimately prove to be fun and successful it will not live up to it's lineage.

I completely agree with the above and I also agree with the original OP that we are stuck with ridiculously backward loading screens.

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @blueturtleotter I agree... that's why I said in my post 'basically I don't have a clue as so far nothing has been as I've expected really'. It's almost impossible to predict, all we can do is make a guess. I'm hoping that the next year will bring some change to this pattern of releasing 'strange packs'. Now that the ideas that were on the go since launch have now been released we might get packs that relate more to the things people have been asking for. Maybe...
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    That's the whole thing about these predictions- there doesn't have to be any rhyme nor reason. It's not like it's a real thing, is it? Am I really thinking there will be cars? I have no idea. It's something which could be fun if not taken badly- imo.

I bet even Maxis doesn't know if they can or can't. It might be too complex to add toddlers or they might be done with them... :lol:
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited February 2016
    Schantal wrote: »
    Lol, the morale is so low in this community its insane (I know some people are ok with the mediocrity of the game, but 85-90% aren't) and the fact that these people (the Sims 4 developers) just aren't getting it is a bit scary. If you look at the support teams for other games it really puts into perspective how bad the support team is for this one. I think most of the people that STILL defend this game (there are very few left) don't really play any other games or know what the market is like because if they did, they def wouldn't go crazy defending this team.......

Anyway, I agree with most of what you listed OP.

A lot of positive players who play the game and enjoy it fled general discussion area because it's absolutely flooded with negativity. Most are either gone to other sections or moved to other social media sites.

Also, the total registered people on the forums don't even make up 0.05% of the fanbase, so there is no logical way to assume that 85-90% of the fanbase is unhappy with the game judging by the forums.

• Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited February 2016
    My prediction;

People will start needlessly speculating (what this thread is pretty much about) and trying to take everything as hints and then they will start to believe what they are speculating, ultimately setting themselves up for disappointment because they didn't get what they wanted.

Oh.... wait. Did I say start? I meant continue. Sorry.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I mean I like the game (I'm playing it right now even, have been for the past 3 hours). I just sometimes have some gripes with it that I need to get off my chest, and vent a bit about a few things that really bugs me. Then I go back to playing as always lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png