The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is my game glitched?

Every time I save my progress with my sim family, and then leave the lot, when I decide to come back and play that household again they start back standing on the street when I had left them doing other things, why is this?

Comments

• Options
    mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    this has been happening since the start of Sims 4. Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    VeridioVeridio Posts: 21 New Member
    I assume it's easier for the game to load them all in one place instead of doing their own things. No idea why it actually does it.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited February 2016
    Jesivis wrote: »
    Every time I save my progress with my sim family, and then leave the lot, when I decide to come back and play that household again they start back standing on the street when I had left them doing other things, why is this?
    Happens to me as well and another thing when you save at a certain point and go back in the time is different than the time you saved them at and it is annoying at times because they are up when you saved them sleeping.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,488 Member
    mscosmo wrote: »

No it started happening with the Dec 2014 Patch.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,488 Member
    mscosmo wrote: »

No it started happening with the Dec 2014 Patch.

This didn't happen when the game first came out just after the patch above and it still hasn't been fixed.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,693 Member
    No, your game is fine. Haha.
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    I think it happens when you save on a community lot?
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    It's just one of those weird things that we all hope will get fixed... one day.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
    Try pausing your game before saving and exiting. That's what I do.
    keep-calm-and-sing-smelly-cat-4.png
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    What are they feeding you?
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
  • Options
    AntoninaAntonina Posts: 77 Member
    I find that it only happens to me if the household I've loaded is one that I haven't played with for a while, like a week or so.
    chloe_zpsmil76epk.gif
    "I knew nothing but shadows and I thought them to be real." - Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray