Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Back to the Gnomes!

Ok, I have to say that I really MISS the active gnomes! After all, my motto is "There is no place like Gnome!" I really miss the Sims 2 & Sims 3 gnomes! They were fun! The Sims 4 gnomes are BORING! IRL, I even have gnomes because of Sims gnomes! I miss them doing things, and moving! Not just standing there. Don't make me smash my RL yard gnomes! Our Sims don't need the genius trait to appreciate the gnomes and all they offer them! FOR THE GNOMES!

Comments

• Options
    rejectedpenguinrejectedpenguin Posts: 180 Member
    I am all about the gnomes. I miss finding them watching tv or hanging out under a tree. I miss the vampire gnome turning the teddy bears. It does not have to be the same as Sims 3. There could be an alien gnome that abducts the gnomes and impregnates them by chance. There could be furniture the gnomes randomly do funny things with. I do miss the little guys. If it is a stuff pack, the players who want them can choose to have them. I would like to have an alien gnome though.
  • Options
    ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    I am all about the gnomes. I miss finding them watching tv or hanging out under a tree. I miss the vampire gnome turning the teddy bears. It does not have to be the same as Sims 3. There could be an alien gnome that abducts the gnomes and impregnates them by chance. There could be furniture the gnomes randomly do funny things with. I do miss the little guys. If it is a stuff pack, the players who want them can choose to have them. I would like to have an alien gnome though.

OMG, the alien gnome is an awesome idea! Love it!
  • Options
    It would be funny to have the lights for a gnome getting abducted. lol
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    #TeamPlayableGnomes
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    I miss the those creepy sims 3 gnomes when you'll find one behind your bed, that happened to me once, I almost died :D
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Those alone would leave excitement in the game
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I miss ts1 gnomes.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    Oh I agree. ts1 gnomes were cool too. I hope they bring them back.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I liked the gnomes. The gnomes that came with Making Magic were awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing those animated little rascals return.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'd like the active Gnomes to make a comeback in the game. It was fun trying to find where they poofed off too.
  • Options
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    I'd like the active Gnomes to make a comeback in the game. It was fun trying to find where they poofed off too.

I don't really remember the S1 gnomes... Been a long while. But really miss the other gnomes! I especially loved the S3 gnomes! It was fun to see where they turned up and their positions and imagine what they were doing!
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Gnomes added whimsy to my game. I remember when I was playing Sims 4 that the gnomes weren't moving and I thought I had encountered some sort of nasty glitch. Gnomes are funny.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I also liked the feature in TS2 (not too sure about TS3) where a sim who walked by your lot would steal your gnome and your sim has to get it back. Imagine that in TS4! Would be so fun to go to their house and wreck their stuff before taking back our gnome. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I really really miss gnomes that did stuff too.

We have an alien gnome that came with GTW, right?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yes! :) I couldn't agree more. I think TS1 gnomes even did things. To those that think magical gnomes are creepy... I send you this:
    blowing-you-a-raspberry.jpg

The laundry gnome is my favorite.
    tumblr_nozubmbZ0L1ssiu0eo1_1280.png

To make them some what useful in TS4 I had a sim open up a gnome shop with Get to Work. Useless gnomes for everyone!
    16364375654_e033db318f_o.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I also liked the feature in TS2 (not too sure about TS3) where a sim who walked by your lot would steal your gnome and your sim has to get it back. Imagine that in TS4! Would be so fun to go to their house and wreck their stuff before taking back our gnome. LOL.

That was so much fun stealing gnomes and getting them back!

I loved that laundry gnome!
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I hope someone makes a mod to disable them if its the TS3 ones. I hated them appearing out of nowhere blocking the way. But then again they do sell for over $1,000 so I can't really complain. Though they were a pain still.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    I hope someone makes a mod to disable them if its the TS3 ones. I hated them appearing out of nowhere blocking the way. But then again they do sell for over $1,000 so I can't really complain. Though they were a pain still.

Yes, I can understand your point. Some people didn't like them. I know a lot of players loved them and the gnomes always amused me and my family. I know in TS3 I really wanted to disable the zombies... They were always in your face when it came to full moon.
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    Makin' Magic gnomes were the best!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnb4kJOv23Y
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I have to admit, the magic gnomes really were fun. They had all but taken over the yard in my singer Sims house, but it was funny to see where they would hold their 'nightly' meeting, even so. Just having static gnomes doesn't cut it. It's just ONE MORE THING EA has taken away. Really? Really, EA, when does it end?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I have to admit, the magic gnomes really were fun. They had all but taken over the yard in my singer Sims house, but it was funny to see where they would hold their 'nightly' meeting, even so. Just having static gnomes doesn't cut it. It's just ONE MORE THING EA has taken away. Really? Really, EA, when does it end?

I don't remember when we got the gnomes in each TS game... But I think they were mostly part of packs/expansions... So I have a LOT of hope that we will get them back!
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    ctroihd1 wrote: »
    aws200 wrote: »

Yes, I can understand your point. Some people didn't like them. I know a lot of players loved them and the gnomes always amused me and my family. I know in TS3 I really wanted to disable the zombies... They were always in your face when it came to full moon.

Thankfully there's a mod to disable the zombies, but I can't find one for the gnomes.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2016
    I hated the gnomes lol. Thankfully, you ( I mean me actually) don't have to play with them and I'm more than happy to jump on the "more mobile gnomes please!" bandwagon for all of you who want em :D

@aws200 I just deleted them. Zombies too. I always figured there was so many plumming sims in the world that a few less zombified ones wouldn't matter.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I keep waiting for one of my sims' gnomes to magically move itself... guess I'll have a long, long wait. I was even thinking of buying a few gnomes to put out in my herb garden this season. I agree with @GalacticGal. The static gnomes are just one more disappointment in this game.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    ctroihd1 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

That was so much fun stealing gnomes and getting them back!

I loved that laundry gnome!

Oh, yes! Stealing gnomes. That was hilarious.