Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 vs Sims 4...

Comments

• Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited February 2016
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Surreal wrote: »
    cwaddell wrote: »
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    It's really hard for me to enjoy Sims 3 now because I feel as if all Sims are dead inside. They feel like robots, no life or emotion at all. Plus, they eat all non-hand food like soup, which annoys me.

So, for the simple reason that I feel that Sims 3 Sims lack emotion, or life at all, Sims 4 > Sims 3.

IMO they don't lack emotions, but they are more subtle in TS3 and I absolutely prefer that. They got overboard with these "emotions" in TS4, so much that they can't snap out of it when they need to

I was thinking about this the other day. It's similar to the difference between stage actors and film actors. Stage actors play to the back of the audience. Their actions are big, their voices load. Because cameras can zoom in and pick up every emotion that crosses an actor's face their expressions and gestures are more subtle and their voices vary in volume and intonation.

Now the reason I think this difference exists between Sims 4 and Sims 3 is that Sims 3 is made to be played on a desktop or high end laptop with a big monitor. Sims 4 I think was designed for a smaller screen that requires the bigger exaggerated expressions and gestures.

Yes, you are right about that. But when they desided to release it for PC I think they should have scrapped that, to make the game look less like a game for mobiles/tablets. But who knows, maybe they still have plans to make it mobile, it's easier from PC to mobile than the other way around I think.

I don't even want to think about it. I mean, I get it - from a business model perspective it makes sense to try to capitalize on the mobile market but I'll really be sad to see the series go there. But it probably will. Sigh.

Yeh I know, I don't want it to happen either. But as Maxis is now under the mobile division - one could suspect that we will not get a quality pc version of sims anymore. I hope I'm wrong. The ambitious open world games dominated E3 2015 and still are. If they want to compete with others, and not just thinking of fast money, I think it would pay off in the long run if they did a really good, modern Sims5.

I'm actually a little bit scared of this. I came to forums quite late - 2013 - so I missed the big sims3 hype, which I already said. I really, really hope there will be an amazing sims5 once, where I can talk with a lot of people about a beautiful game. A lot of people.

I missed that too, I just started coming here when I heard they where working on sims 4, I was so hyped and thought they would make a mix of TS and TS3 but even better. Then I saw what they where heading with it. Oh boy, talk about disappointment..

Actually, I'm already playing sims since 2010. But then I was nine years old and I didn't even now about expansion packs, jsut the base game. until 2011 - 2012, then I had an account on the sims3.com where I learned about EP's and custom content but still no forums, really talkign stuff. That was only since the middle of 2013.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I must admit I always found these forums a bit overwhelming. But I have been part of a smaller community that was alive and kicking during the Sims 3 days and that became part of the Sims 3 experience for me.
    I know which community you mean...Unfortunately, I was a few years to late to experience that place 'alive and kicking' :'(
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    It's always been easy to get lost in these forums, but contrary to recent allegations - we don't bite. Much. lol

I don't know which community you guys are referring to, but I remember these boards when TS3 launched. Much fun and many, many awesome simmers who are no longer around. It would be nice to do that again. Not that the simmers around now aren't nice... oh forget it. Gonna pretend that hole isn't even there. *sidesteps*
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2016
    It's always been easy to get lost in these forums, but contrary to recent allegations - we don't bite. Much. lol

I don't know which community you guys are referring to, but I remember these boards when TS3 launched. Much fun and many, many awesome simmers who are no longer around. It would be nice to do that again. Not that the simmers around now aren't nice... oh forget it. Gonna pretend that hole isn't even there. *sidesteps*
    It's a Dutch/Belgian forum ;)
    I really wonder if Sims 4 causes the more quiet forums nowadays, or just the fact that forums became less popular in general.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Why do nice things also have to get less popular. It's not funny.
  • Options
    *shrugs* Life changes, people move on... it's just what happens, sad tho it may be. But we're still here, so... :smile:
  • Options
    I've seen too many things change to sob over this one haha, yes, that is life in fact. And I like changes to be honest.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    But good things don't have to go away. Particularly when you never experienced those good things, you were just a little bit too late to be exact, while you really want it.
    It's like if chocolate disappears from the world like POOF, it's gone! a few seconds you wanted to take a bite of it for the first time. It's just cruel.
  • Options
    But good things don't have to go away. Particularly when you never experienced those good things while you really want it.
    It's like if chocolate disappears from the world like POOF, it's gone! a few seconds you wanted to take a bite of it for the first time. It's just cruel.

Now if you're taking away chocolate, we're gonna have to fight. lol
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    They have a charity devoted to saving chocolate..... (wait, how did we get from TS3 vs TS4 to chocolate disappearing?)
  • Options
    They have a charity devoted to saving chocolate..... (wait, how did we get from TS3 vs TS4 to chocolate disappearing?)

My fault.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I find Sims 4 boring I spend about hour and then I am done. The reason there is nothing for them to do. I recently went back to Sims 3 and find that I can play for hours and not want to stop. There is so much more to do yes maybe the Sims don't inter act as well as in Sims 4 but they do have a lot of things that they can do togeather. Seems I don't get as bored and there is always something that I can come up with to make it different.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    But good things don't have to go away. Particularly when you never experienced those good things, you were just a little bit too late to be exact, while you really want it.
    The problem is they took good Belgian chocolate and replaced it by a cheap surrogate.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Let's take a giant slab of chocolate and replace it with a fun-size bar...

EA chose to make TS4 as it is because they were lazy. A number of developers working on TS3 actually said that they hated working on it because they had to include so much content. There is a reason that most of the developers' favourite EP was Generations. There was so little to code
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    The problem is they took good Belgian chocolate and replaced by a cheap surrogate.

They replaced it with "white" chocolate which really isn't chocolate at all.

• Options
    The problem is they took good Belgian chocolate and replaced by a cheap surrogate.

Wait a minute... is that a cheap shot at American chocolate??? lol'ing
  • Options
    Sims 3 vs Sims 4
    General Chocolate Discussion
  • Options

Wait a minute... is that a cheap shot at American chocolate??? lol'ing
    I honestly have no idea what that tastes like B) But Belgian chocolate is really divine.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    American, Belgian, whatever. If it's chocolate, I want it.
  • Options
    RoachantRoachant Posts: 25 Member
    Great... Now I want chocolate..
  • Options
    Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    I prefer to play with The Sims 3 because I am having more fun with this game. I just love to download converted stuff from The Sims 4 and I am having fun with it. The wishing well in my game is a secret entrance to a secret place.

Screenshot-5_zpslgaxirt5.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpsp1n2ccfk.jpg

Screenshot-7_zpsrr8mpkzn.jpg

• Options
    American, Belgian, whatever. If it's chocolate, I want it.
    giphy.gif

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member

I really wonder if Sims 4 causes the more quiet forums nowadays, or just the fact that forums became less popular in general.

probably, I'm just theorizing, the increased awareness of bullying, scams and predators, leading to more parents as well as moderators and the authorities, monitoring more and being more watchful, leading to more absence of those undesirables which is probably what made up half of the forum population before.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    Belgian chocolate rules B)
    (Cote d'or <3 )
    And Leonidas <3

probably, I'm just theorizing, the increased awareness of bullying, scams and predators, leading to more parents as well as moderators and the authorities, monitoring more and being more watchful, leading to more absence of those undesirables which is probably what made up half of the forum population before.
    No, very friendly forums are much more quiet as well. I do know forum members that do like and play Sims 4, but there seems to be less story- and picture sharing than in the Sims 2 and 3 days.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited February 2016
    @JoAnne65
    probably because it's too much hassle to do the third party thing, it's a DRAG, man.

I've thought about posting stories many times, I used to be pretty good at it in Sims 2 and had a good following. Do you remember "Lateral Legacy"? That was me. I do a similar thing with my memories for my few friends on my My Page, but that's all because every time I start having a go at posting a story on the forums, I get super annoyed with the whole third party rigmarole.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top