Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Giveaway! - Now over.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    wangtasticwangtastic Posts: 426 Member
    I would love to enter please :)

Name: Wangtastic (sorry)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=wangtastic
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ColiSloe

Any world pls.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
  • Options
    MagZ86MagZ86 Posts: 92 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi all,

This is giveaway is now over. I have like 10 points left and you can't get anything for that.

Congrats if you got an item or two from me, I hope you like them :smile: If you didn't, sorry, but the stuff on your wishlist was too expensive or I'd already gifted you through the Gifting Directory. I'm not trying to be rude here but I was trying to be nice by offering to spend my points on you all - some of you could at least have had the courtesy to read my OP and see that I only had an extra 1000 points. How exactly was I going to buy someone a world for that? Or gift as much as possible if someone wanted expensive PC or a full set? Please respect the rules set by gifters and use common sense.

Please don't add to this post any more - if I do somehow get more points, I will check out the Gifting Directory.
  • Options
    TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    MagZ86 wrote: »
    Hi all,

This is giveaway is now over. I have like 10 points left and you can't get anything for that.

Congrats if you got an item or two from me, I hope you like them :smile: If you didn't, sorry, but the stuff on your wishlist was too expensive or I'd already gifted you through the Gifting Directory. I'm not trying to be rude here but I was trying to be nice by offering to spend my points on you all - some of you could at least have had the courtesy to read my OP and see that I only had an extra 1000 points. How exactly was I going to buy someone a world for that? Or gift as much as possible if someone wanted expensive PC or a full set? Please respect the rules set by gifters and use common sense.

Please don't add to this post any more - if I do somehow get more points, I will check out the Gifting Directory.

I hope you don't get to mad for me adding this, but I too was shocked to see someone asking for a World or a Set, I was wondering what happened to asking for the small items? I am like this person is doing this out of the kindness of their heart and someone thinks they can take advantage of their kindness? That is just sooooo wrong. :( I am glad though that some people did at least say thank you to you because I would hate for you to feel unloved here. We appreciate you helping the Simmers out @MagZ86 and I want to also say thank you for doing it. Big Hugz!

On another note, if you have 10SP extra that you don't know what to do with, there are badges and backgrounds that cost that much. For example, @NOXXI has a background on her wishlist called "Dark and Light Green Flower" (#2 on her list): http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NOXXI if you wanted to get rid of them, but if you don't want to gift her its ok too, I am only throwing a suggestion out there.

Sorry if I make little sense, but I only had about maybe 2 1/2 hours sleep so I hope its understandable. :)

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
  • Options
    Oh My God. :#

Please don't hate me for asking for a world............ (or adding to the post)
    I didn't realize that it was such an ungodly sin!

I knew it was wrong to do it, but I wasn't expecting such a huge reaction to it :o . Thank you for gifting items to everyone, and I'll try to read the OP more thoroughly into the future in the future.

@TheKrazy_KimSim
    I didn't wish to take advantage of this extraordinary generosity, so please don't feel in any way "extremely shocked" or anything. I personally knew that I wasn't going to get what I'd asked, so I didn't feel as if I was being rude or anything. I feel that you are looking at this entirely in the wrong way........ just don't make me out to be a criminal.... :'(
  • Options
    I hope you don't get to mad for me adding this, but I too was shocked to see someone asking for a World or a Set, I was wondering what happened to asking for the small items? I am like this person is doing this out of the kindness of their heart and someone thinks they can take advantage of their kindness? That is just sooooo wrong. :( I am glad though that some people did at least say thank you to you because I would hate for you to feel unloved here. We appreciate you helping the Simmers out @MagZ86 and I want to also say thank you for doing it. Big Hugz!

On another note, if you have 10SP extra that you don't know what to do with, there are badges and backgrounds that cost that much. For example, @NOXXI has a background on her wishlist called "Dark and Light Green Flower" (#2 on her list): http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NOXXI if you wanted to get rid of them, but if you don't want to gift her its ok too, I am only throwing a suggestion out there.

Sorry if I make little sense, but I only had about maybe 2 1/2 hours sleep so I hope its understandable. :)

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *

@TheKrazy_KimSim I'm not mad at all. I'm very glad you did actually. I'm so glad that someone else can see this from my point of view. I didn't have to give away my points at all! I could have kept them all but I like to think I'm a nice person - I had no use for them so I gave them away the best way I knew how.

As far as feeling unloved, that's certainly not the case. The people who got back to me seemed to really appreciate what I gave them. It's just the disrespect (or is that too strong?) of simmers thinking "oh, giveaway! Let's ask for the most expensive thing I can!" (even when the person clearly doesn't have enough points for that) or telling me to check with them for what they wanted before gifting, even though I asked people to let me know in their posts! - this really bugged me, it might have been petty but it meant no gift for said person. It's just common courtesy to read the OP.

Things like this are actually part of the reason I hate the internet sometimes. Just basic manners seem to have disappeared from so many people, a lot of people feel entitled to just have everything handed to them on a silver platter. It's actually really depressing.

I gifted @NOXXI the background as well :)

Jess

• Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member

<snipped>

Things like this are actually part of the reason I hate the internet sometimes. Just basic manners seem to have disappeared from so many people, a lot of people feel entitled to just have everything handed to them on a silver platter. It's actually really depressing.

Jess

THIS!
  • Options
    shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    Thank you @MagZ86 for your gift! I love it! :blush:
    Happy simming!
  • Options

I knew it was wrong to do it, but I wasn't expecting such a huge reaction to it :o . Thank you for gifting items to everyone, and I'll try to read the OP more thoroughly into the future in the future.

@TheKrazy_KimSim
    I didn't wish to take advantage of this extraordinary generosity, so please don't feel in any way "extremely shocked" or anything. I personally knew that I wasn't going to get what I'd asked, so I didn't feel as if I was being rude or anything. I feel that you are looking at this entirely in the wrong way........ just don't make me out to be a criminal.... :'(

I never said you were a criminal, but if you knew it was wrong then why do it. You can see it upset @MagZ86 , but instead of just saying sorry I didn't read the OP or didn't understand it, instead you come in and act like what she posted in her rules don't apply to you. Its one thing if you did it by accident, but to come on here and say well, I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway doesn't show me you had any respect for the person holding this contest. I can only go by what I read on here and, in my opinion, it looks like you didn't care at all what the poster said she had and hoped you could get a world out of her instead. That is how I read it and if I am wrong then I am sorry, but then maybe you should choose your words just a bit better so its made clear and we can all understand.

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
  • Options

Jess

Hugz, glad you are not mad Jess and thank you very much for gifting @NOXXI the background. It was nice of you to gift her with your last credits. :)

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *
  • Options

@TheKrazy_KimSim

I never said you were a criminal, but if you knew it was wrong then why do it. You can see it upset @MagZ86 , but instead of just saying sorry I didn't read the OP or didn't understand it, instead you come in and act like what she posted in her rules don't apply to you. Its one thing if you did it by accident, but to come on here and say well, I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway doesn't show me you had any respect for the person holding this contest. I can only go by what I read on here and, in my opinion, it looks like you didn't care at all what the poster said she had and hoped you could get a world out of her instead. That is how I read it and if I am wrong then I am sorry, but then maybe you should choose your words just a bit better so its made clear and we can all understand.

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *

I know this thread is old now, but I've only just seen this.

In my post, I did say that I didn't read it well enough. In fact, I even stated that I'll read the OP more thoroughly in the future. In Fact, I did say sorry in my post (see: "I didn't wish to take advantage of this extraordinary generosity"). I knew that I wasn't going to get anything, so therefore I didn't see myself as being greedy. If you know you're not going to get a bowl of skittles, would it really be rude to ask anyway?

My clearer words:
    I regret asking for a world very much, and will try to improve in the future. However, please don't feel shocked or offended as I currently regret it. Thank you for gifting items anyway! I now realise that I wasn't going to get what I ask for. Sorry!

Oh, by the way, I didn't know how much it would upset MagZ86 until the final post. I was expecting everyone to be civil and simply ignore my post, and not make such a huge fuss about it.

Don't ask me to say anything else, because this is everything I feel and being even more apologetic wouldn't be sincere. I'll do you a favour by being honest
  • Options

@TheKrazy_KimSim

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *

In my post, I did say that I didn't read it well enough. In fact, I even stated that I'll read the OP more thoroughly in the future. In Fact, I did say sorry in my post (see: "I didn't wish to take advantage of this extraordinary generosity"). I knew that I wasn't going to get anything, so therefore I didn't see myself as being greedy. If you know you're not going to get a bowl of skittles, would it really be rude to ask anyway?

My clearer words:
    I regret asking for a world very much, and will try to improve in the future. However, please don't feel shocked or offended as I currently regret it. Thank you for gifting items anyway! I now realise that I wasn't going to get what I ask for. Sorry!

Oh, by the way, I didn't know how much it would upset MagZ86 until the final post. I was expecting everyone to be civil and simply ignore my post, and not make such a huge fuss about it.

Don't ask me to say anything else, because this is everything I feel and being even more apologetic wouldn't be sincere. I'll do you a favour by being honest

Ok, seriously, this is going too far now! I'm not upset. I wasn't upset at all. That makes it sound like I cry at the drop of a hat. I wasn't even that mad. It just annoyed me because I was doing a giveaway that I didn't have to do and people weren't reading the original post, just expecting me to give them whatever they wanted on their terms. The whole point was that this was on my terms. There is a difference between being upset and being annoyed. It was the principle of the thing, is all.

@Swiftlover13 apology accepted. :smile:

Jess
  • Options

@TheKrazy_KimSim

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *

My clearer words:

Ok, seriously, this is going too far now! I'm not upset. I wasn't upset at all. That makes it sound like I cry at the drop of a hat. I wasn't even that mad. It just annoyed me because I was doing a giveaway that I didn't have to do and people weren't reading the original post, just expecting me to give them whatever they wanted on their terms. The whole point was that this was on my terms. There is a difference between being upset and being annoyed. It was the principle of the thing, is all.

@Swiftlover13 apology accepted. :smile:

Jess

Ok thanks! I was going on what everyone else was saying about you being upset. Sorry!