Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just love Sims 4!

Don't you just love when your baby jumps out it's crib and magically transforms into a ten year old child!
It's like, so random.

"Weirder stories" am I right folks?
\cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I sense sarcasm.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Honestly, I'm more bothered by the fact that a little kid magically turns into a fully grown 19 year old.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm more bothered by the fact that a little kid magically turns into a fully grown 19 year old.

Agreed. I think I could deal with the lack of toddlers a bit more if we had teens that actually seemed like teens. But, the way it stands, it feels like we only have three life stages - child, adult, and elder. Babies hardly count because they are just an object. Something is definitely missing there.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Same here !!! Kid to teen is more disturbing than baby to kid for me
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I really love the teens in TS4! Weird but true. I think because all the teens I know in real life are actually taller then me it makes sense. Maybe if there were pre-teens that were (obviously) taller than kids but shorter than teens it would make everyone feel better. But I adore playing the teens in TS4, even though there is less for them to do than previous sims games, they are still my fav.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    The babies creep me out in TS4.... the teens bother the bejeebus out of me too.

So much not working for me this time. :(
  • Options
    @Rflong7 do you still play previous sims games or are you 'over' them all now? Sometimes I return to TS2 and 3 and still enjoy that though I've tended to play other games totally instead.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    The babies are absolutely adorable in my opinion, I just think they need to be free from their cribs. Or at least give me more crib options and baby furnture. I wouldn't mind the whole being attached to object thing if they could be attached to DIFFERENT objects.

For example you could move the baby to a high chair, stroller, rockint chair etc. They become attached to that new object.

I also have a love/hate relationships with the teens.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I really love the teens in TS4! Weird but true. I think because all the teens I know in real life are actually taller then me it makes sense. Maybe if there were pre-teens that were (obviously) taller than kids but shorter than teens it would make everyone feel better. But I adore playing the teens in TS4, even though there is less for them to do than previous sims games, they are still my fav.

I'm the same. I rather like the teens in this version. But I would also like some preteens, as well. And more activities for my teens.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Child to teen is worse for me too. It's still strange the jump from baby to child but it was strange from toddler to child too, every jump is strange if I really think about it... but children to teen is really hard.... how I would like a progressive growing system if it was possible.
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Has anyone taken into account about how teens are in real life? In my opinion, Sims 4 teens resemble teens more than anything, since they're basically adults in real life as well.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    Has anyone taken into account about how teens are in real life? In my opinion, Sims 4 teens resemble teens more than anything, since they're basically adults in real life as well.

I disagree teens come in all shapes and sizes. I'm 5'4 been that way for eight years, my 19 year old cous was like 6ft, my sis is 5'7 a teen and younger than me. In the game my whole fam would be the same size which isn't true to life at all. I even know adults who are 4,9. I don't find teens being the same height as adult-elder realistic at all. It's just plain lazy.
  • Options

I disagree teens come in all shapes and sizes. I'm 5'4 been that way for eight years, my 19 year old cous was like 6ft, my sis is 5'7 a teen and younger than me. In the game my whole fam would be the same size which isn't true to life at all. I even know adults who are 4,9. I don't find teens being the same height as adult-elder realistic at all. It's just plain lazy.

Adults are short in real life. They aren't short in the Sims.

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    @SimFan298 @ebuchala
    I'm glad to find some other simmers who love the teens too. To be quite honest... I adore the teens in ts4. I always start a new game with a runaway teen and take it from there. I've had so much fun playing with the teens. <3

• Options
    @SimFan298 @ebuchala
    I'm glad to find some other simmers who love the teens too. To be quite honest... I adore the teens in ts4. I always start a new game with a runaway teen and take it from there. I've had so much fun playing with the teens. <3

Wait, you're able to have a household with just teens???

• Options
    Yeah...totally. Although I tend to just start with one. Just make your teen/s in Cas and move 'em onto a lot or into a house. :)

• Options
    LordkiribatiLordkiribati Posts: 201 Member
    I really like sims 4 too. It's getting a lot of new content and the CAS mode is just wonderful for creating and sharing sims on the gallery :d
  • Options
    hahaha just noticed this thread has got kicked to the bin. lol not surprising considering the opening post! lol

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    @SimFan298 @ebuchala

Yes, they patched it :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @SimFan298 @ebuchala

Yes, they patched it :)

I have an idea forming in my Simming head :3

• Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member

To be fair, it can go either way depending on the person. I was as tall/taller than both of my parents by the time I was 13-14.

Granted, I agree that it's a bit silly that I can barely ever tell the difference between my teen sims and my young adult sims. Despite the fact I was taller than both of my parents, it was pretty apparent I was a teen and they weren't. There isn't a whole lot of detail to differentiate the two generations that are all that apparent in the game.

But I don't think height should really be the defining factor that should determine the generations.
  • Options
    Stormy_WintersStormy_Winters Posts: 127 Member
    I love it too well I love that people are buying it so we can move on to the next sims game when the time comes. ;)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    I'm equally bothered by both.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I´m tired of reading that this or that teenager is taller than the poster (not at thirteen I suppose), then poster you were not that tall either as a teen... people in real life comes in all sizes, but hight in the game is just for taking life stages apart, so that is! it is not realistic it is just lazy.

from craddle to ten years old... ten years gone, from ten to nineteen (yes 19, nobody could see thirteen teens in TS4 teens) another ten years gone, yor sim can have a baby at 20 and a couple of simweeks later it is still 20 and its son is 19, oh yes very realistic!

TS4 has taken off 20 years in our sims life and IMO the great years in any life BTW, and then another 20 years, that they were supposed to be growing their kids, have been reduced to party and follow the goals of the game...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    I´m tired of reading that this or that teenager is taller than the poster (not at thirteen I suppose), then poster you were not that tall either as a teen... people in real life comes in all sizes, but hight in the game is just for taking life stages apart, so that is! it is not realistic it is just lazy.

from craddle to ten years old... ten years gone, from ten to nineteen (yes 19, nobody could see thirteen teens in TS4 teens) another ten years gone, yor sim can have a baby at 20 and a couple of simweeks later it is still 20 and its son is 19, oh yes very realistic!

TS4 has taken off 20 years in our sims life and IMO the great years in any life BTW, and then another 20 years, that they were supposed to be growing their kids, have been reduced to party and follow the goals of the game...
    Yes, it doesn't make sense to compare one person as a teen to another person as an adult. I don't know one person who was as tall as a teenager as they were when they were adult.
    5JZ57S6.png