Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you rate The Sims 4 out of 10

Comments

• Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    I rank it 2/10 as I've not played it since August 2015 and haven't even been remotely tempted to do so despite all the updates and additional Packs.

When I finally abandon my last shred of hope that this game will ever be something that I can play even casually and uninstall it, it'll be a 0/10...which is a truly sad thing to say as a devoted Sims player.

:/
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    -10/10 :D
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah sorry @simgirl1010 for the misunderstanding. Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy the game. I should get back to playing myself. Happy Simming and bye for now.

@Scobre please don't leave the forums, you're one of the nicest players on here. You help make it a great place (sorry - would've wrote on your wall but it's too glitchy and the site keeps signing me out).

I don't have the game, but I guess I'd rate Sims 4 as anywhere from 2 to 5 out of 10. I hate the lack of customization the most, then closed world next, then toddlers last.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    My ratings;

The Sims - 10/10 (based solely on how I felt at the time, this will always be a classic for me and a classic, as you know, cannot be beaten)

The Sims 2 - 9/10 (again based on how I felt then, I only currently play this version now and there are still one or two things I miss from 3 that I wish we could do in 2, so yeah...)

The Sims 3 - 7/10 (They expanded so much with this version yet dropped the ball with so many others. This is still a hit or miss game for most due to its randomness at which PC's will handle it, regardless of specs)

The Sims 4 - I don't feel I can properly give a fair vote on this. I no longer play the game and there is so much in it that I dislike that the good just doesn't cut it for me. I shall always see it as just a burnt cake with a load of fancy icing. It's not fixable for me now, sad to say.

--T
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    To be fair she did not call anybody names and now I understand what she was implying. However how she had written her post to me was unclear and different people will interpret the post differently. The way I read it did not look like it was about empathy but more cynical of people who still played the game even if the game is not that pleasing. Being she came back and explained the meaning of her post I understand what she was saying.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    Well, let's see.

Cons:

-no toddlers
    -no CASt
    -no open world
    -babies tied to cribs
    -teens' height
    -culling
    -graphics (I don't like it.)
    -no terrain tools
    -children taken away by the social worker are deleted
    -children can inherit dyed hair colors
    -some of the body presets are just... just... terrifying :| (If only townies wouldn't use them...)
    -separate skills for children (Why they can't have normal skills that won't disappear when they age up?!)
    -only 3 traits for adult sim
    -only ONE trait for child sim (Really, EA?!)
    -musical chairs
    -and more

Pros:

-err CAS I think... but I hate it that you can't set any hair/skin/eye color you want.
    -it still can be fun

So I will give it 3/10.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,552 Member
    edited February 2016
    my rating for the game today is minus100 because of the bad content that has been force upon simmer via patch aka the nude1 outfit witch should not even be in the game in the first place as for the rest of the game i rate it ok
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LethevertLethevert Posts: 2 New Member
    Honestly, for me it's the best so far. 10/10

I love how you can switch between worlds and households so easily. I always wanted to control the whole town more or less, and with the option to undo the played household, it's become very easy. I love how different worlds are just parts of one big world and I can play them all at the same time. So I can manipulate with the whole world as much as I want, yet still essentially play only one household.

I don't miss toddlers since I tend to skip the infancy to child right away. That was truly the boring part for me in sims 3, so now skipping the whole thing to child age with only one "age up" is perfect!! And it's available completely without the cheat mode!
    But I see how many of you might be frustrated by that.

-I love the get together expansions. I love the clubs, I never knew how much I missed those, until I was introduced to them.
    -I love the different parties awards and how it gives you instructions/tasks, so you actually know what you're supposed to be doing to make a party great.
    -I love how you can actually go to work with sims for the first time! It always seemed so useless just waiting around till they finish their work/school. Now we're actually heading in the right direction with getting something to do during that time ourselves.
    -I love the tall/medium/small walls. I love how you can place things on different parts of the walls.
    -I love how you can change aspirations without losing progress!
    -Oh and of course I love how sims are so much better at interacting!! I don't know if I ever needed to do so little at parties or just at home really. They just love to sit around together and chat all the time. They grab food/drink and you can do all the social actions while they're still eating! Or my married sims just spontaneously go to each other as soon as they get home and kiss or do something romantic. I don't recall my sims ever having so much social tendencies, they always preferred to play games or something!

But most of all, I love how simple it is. Many of you are saying it's a downgrade from last and I agree. It's beautifully simple, reminds me of more advanced Sims 1, which I absolutely loved. You have all the essentials, yet so many unnecessary things from sims 3 are skipped (like dirty clothes, toddlers, unmade beds, driving with cars/taxis etc).
    Like I said 10/10!

Things I do miss however are:
    -to manipulate (on day level) the lifespans of different stages
    -to own public venues (lounges, nighclubs, cafes,..) and make money off them
    -more traits!!
    -the faithful trait or something to deter them from cheating. I can't watch them 24/7 since I like to switch between households. But in the meantime anything can happen and TS4 tends to be really encouraging of unfaithfulness.
    -to notify you when an acquaintance has died

I hope we also get pets and seasons expansions, but that's not really necessary.
    I'm happy with the way it is!
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    She didn't call people sad and depressing, just the situation. And while there have been many folks who have been patronising and condescending, @simgirl1010 has never been one of them. At least, not in my opinion.

Edit - Oh, she already posted. Oh well, my comment still stands. I've always found @simgirl1010 to be genuine myself.

Agreed. I don't like to people 'called out' for something they have not done, said or even implied.

Well, good for you.
    By calling the situation sad and depressing, you call the people who place themselves into it sad and depressing by association.
    Even if it wasn't the intent, the remark that this person made was not made out to sound empathetic and that's the reason why I responded the way I did to the claim.

You're all entitled to your opinions, though.
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,552 Member
    She didn't call people sad and depressing, just the situation. And while there have been many folks who have been patronising and condescending, @simgirl1010 has never been one of them. At least, not in my opinion.

Edit - Oh, she already posted. Oh well, my comment still stands. I've always found @simgirl1010 to be genuine myself.

Agreed. I don't like to people 'called out' for something they have not done, said or even implied.

Well, good for you.
    By calling the situation sad and depressing, you call the people who place themselves into it sad and depressing by association.
    Even if it wasn't the intent, the remark that this person made was not made out to sound empathetic and that's the reason why I responded the way I did to the claim.

for once i fully agree with you 100% and let me had we all have diffrent playstyles or view about the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    4/10 too much important stuff is still missing. And SP's aren't going to make up for the lack of gameplay.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

Well, good for you.

for once i fully agree with you 100% and let me had we all have diffrent playstyles or view about the game

Agreed, and thank you.
    I should work on being more respectful as well.
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Since I don't play it any more, and haven't since sometime last fall, I give it a 0/10.

I am still playing ts2, which is a 10/10,

and also ts3, which gets a solid 7/10.

That wasn't the case for me when ts3 was new, but now that I have something worse to compare it to, it has risen quite high since those days.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    edited February 2016
    When it was out, I was pretty much upset with it, so I would have given it a 2/10.

I got it in July of 2015, when all the updates were there, and I gave it a 7/10.

With the expansions and game packs, so far it's an 8.

Just give me supernatural and seasons, and I'll give it a 9.5.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited February 2016
    Base game alone, I'd say 6/10, but with everything they've added so far, including patches, I'd say 8/10. To get 10/10, it needs to at least add pets, more interactions/family, weather, and preferably supernatural. I would like to see some originality too, either in totally new EP ideas, or spicing up old ones. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    6/10 The Sims 4 needs...
    Toddlers
    Fixed non object babies
    True Teens
    and better control on who/what gets culled.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    TS1 6/10
    TS2 4/10
    TS3 5/10
    TS4 6/10

All The Sims games are alright.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Currently, I would rate it an 8/10. While I enjoy the game and the additions made by either patches, EP, GP, and SP there is still certainly room for improvement. Once we see the return of the basic features listed in my signature's wish list, then I'll consider giving it a 10. :)
  • Options
    TheSerenaCupcakeTheSerenaCupcake Posts: 1 New Member
    8/10 if it had University, Seasons, Nightlife and Pets it would have been perfect
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    The Sim 1 - 8.5/10 and I say that because it lacked lifestages and weather.
    The Sims 2 - 10/10
    The Sims 3 9.5/10
    The Sims 4 - 3.5/10 still actually waiting for them to move the game from beta into the alpha stage.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    8/10!
    Sims 4 is my favorite sims series.
    I think with more expansion packs it will definitely become a 9.5/10.
  • Options
    Pmike16Pmike16 Posts: 37 Member
    The Sims 1: 9.85/10
    The Sims 2: 10/10
    The Sims 3: 9.5/10
    The Sims 4: 2/10
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    6/10

The game has a lot of great features and I like the way my modded sims look, but it's still not a great game for me.
    I have put it aside hoping it will get better when Generations, Seasons, and University are added.
    I am back to TS3 and I am really enjoying it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited May 2016
    Launch day- 3.5/10
    Now- 6.5 (maybe 7?)/10
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    I’ll rate three aspects of all the iterations – gameplay, graphics and how much it improved compared to the previous version – considering the release date. After all, available technologies do matter a lot.

TS1:
    • Gameplay: 9.8/10. Just the addition of family trees, without even ageing would make me rate it 10/10, because it’s an amazing game created with passion, I love its humour and magic is definitely the best in the series.
    • Improvement: 10/10. It’s the first in the franchise so there isn’t anything to compare with, I just rated the idea for the game.
    • Graphics: 10/10. It really does look good as a game released in 2000, and I like they tried to make it look realistic.
    4uvgOQO.jpg

TS2:
    • Gameplay: 9/10. Ageing, families and sims’ personalities are very well done, I love the aspiration and memory system, as well as turns on/off, the retail system, short-term and long-term relation bars working better than in 1 and many more. However, I was disappointed by its supernatural aspect, it seemed ignored, and magic tossed into the last EP is nowhere as good as in TS1. And I’d like more skills.
    • Improvement: 9.8/10. Basically everything is better and more fleshed out than in the previous iteration, but again, I miss magic.
    • Graphics: 9/10. It still doesn’t look bad now, especially with CC. The quality of textures seems good, and I like that the colours aren’t over-saturated.
    PSr8dfP.png

TS3:
    • Gameplay: 8/10. It was hard to decide between 7 and 8, but I give it 8 – while I do miss many things from TS2, I really like what the third iteration offers. It basically supports all play styles to some extent, sandbox, family, adventures and so on. However, it doesn’t have the ‘soul’ I found in 1 and 2; maybe because I wasn’t a yound child any more, who knows.
    • Improvement: 6/10. CASt and open world are great, as well as more gameplay possibilities, but too many things from the previous version were removed to make me want to give it more, and I remember the initial disappointment.
    • Graphics: 5/10. Not bad in itself, but could be much better, I expected more after TS2. The landscapes can be breathtaking though.
    AF5Ku2s.png

TS4:
    • Gameplay: 3/10. It does have several things I like, for instance splicing plants or the ultra-speed, but it lacks too much, it’s way too limiting and shallow to even give it a 4. I find it kind of ironic that sims were supposed to be the most important, but they don’t seem to matter much, they’re robots and their life goals are irrelevant to them. One of the things displaying on loading screens says Aspirations can be changed at any point without losing progress. What is it if not saying that aspirations don’t matter to sims, and that sims are just our tools to complete goals? Ignoring wishes and fulfilling fears in TS2 would ruin our sims.
    • Improvement: 2/10. I was wondering about giving it a 1, but I like multitasking and some features in CAS and build mode, so I think it deserves a solid 2. Basically everything else is worse than in past games (or removed entirely), and doesn’t provide anything new and revolutionising ‘in exchange’. Emotions? They’re buffs making skilling easier, and they remove sims’ personalities, everyone experiencing the same emotion acts exactly the same as the other sims. I actually do believe emotions could be added as an expansion pack for TS3; I might be wrong, I don’t know how they implemented them, but they seem to be just categorised moodlets, each category provides some animations, interactions and a skill buff. It would be a different story if those animations and interactions were dependant of sims’ traits, memories (if they had them :/ and I mean TS2 system), relations, jobs, and skills/hobbies.
    • Graphics: 1/10. I’ll say it, I absolutely, completely and utterly hate the cartoony style, the plastic-fantastic universe, the helmets instead of hair, the fake backdrops, the blurred textures, the too intense colours. It’s just not my kind of thing, and I was extremely disappointed. Why did I give 1 instead of 0 then? I do like some FX.
    5c8wXsR.png

Well, the TS4’s rating turned out to be kind of a rant... But I can’t not complain when they hurt my feelings as a simmer since kindergarten, now an adult wanting some improvements for the franchise she grew up with.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile