Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of you actually play yourself in Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I made my simself when I first got the game. I was in a hurry to see what The houses looked like, and I'm no artist. She has blond hair and hazel eyes like me and has some of the traits I think I have.. She is a YA, I am closer to an elder. She wears glasses, though I didn't wear them as a YA. I made her a botanist because I love gardening in the sims ( not necessarily in real life... Lol). I am glad they have the gardener to hire now.... It took a great deal of time to keep that up. In the Sims 1 I made a lot of my family... Not so much since then....I do hope they will bring out a farm pack with animals.
  • Options
    The Great Loli SummonerThe Great Loli Summoner Posts: 325 Member
    edited February 2016
    I do, just to kill my simself.
    Know what that means right?
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I am a control freak and while I don't play myself I have played a few of the people I know so I could give their sim selves a better life. I don't tell them of course, it's my secret, well you all know now too :D I've killed off some people I know too and found that to be therapeutic. To be clear I did that in the sims games lol
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I can't even create myself...

it would be cool if someone could do it for me. I'm not good at face constructing and what-not lol. :(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2016
    I admit I have for all four games. What I want to know how can they tell it is your Simself or not using telemetry? Kind of creeps me out that the telemetry works that deep to tell personal things like that in the game. I think a lot did with the demo. I know I did with it.

But yeah this is my Simself.
    12-13-15_10-23-12nbspPM_zpsbcwr8sbk.png

I jumped seeing my Simself get pregnant in the Sims 4. It creeped me out. XD It is really hard to play as myself, so I have to play that household in short doses. I have never been able to make myself short enough for a Sims game, well at least without the help of mods at least.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mrbmrb Posts: 176 Member
    i dont actually play myself in the game to be honest. i did in the sims 2 and sims 3 though lol.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    According to Sims 4 anniversary info graph published my Maxis 68% of players make themselves in CAS at some stage and 32% of players don't.

Me? It was probably the first real Sim I committed to making as best I could with the demo cas (before the game even shipped) and tweaked once I saw him/me in game...that said I haven't worn a cowboy hat in real life or rather everyday life for some time (well that not true, it always seems to find its way into girlfriends hands once they find it in my closet...which always start with "you have a cowboy hat?")

Um, anyway making yourself is one thing but how many of you actually PLAY yourself in the Sims 4?

Would you say your sim self actually looks like you too - or is a bit you and a bit what you wish you looked like (ie bigger this, smaller that, ect).

Finally do you share yourself on the gallery or prefer to keep yourself private for your own use...ok that sounded weird...

XA8caJd.png

I play myself all the time. I have a Simself in both TS3 and TS4.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I admit I have for all four games. What I want to know how can they tell it is your Simself or not using telemetry? Kind of creeps me out that the telemetry works that deep to tell personal things like that in the game. I think a lot did with the demo. I know I did with it.

But yeah this is my Simself.
    12-13-15_10-23-12nbspPM_zpsbcwr8sbk.png

I jumped seeing my Simself get pregnant in the Sims 4. It creeped me out. XD It is really hard to play as myself, so I have to play that household in short doses. I have never been able to make myself short enough for a Sims game, well at least without the help of mods at least.

Most likely from the gallery and or the forums when people admit to creating thier simself.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2016

Most likely from the gallery and or the forums when people admit to creating thier simself.
    Ah ok, from the gallery probably. That makes sense.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I tend to put my simself in the saves I play. I don't actually play him but I do see him around town. He's always doing something dumb lol.
  • Options
    KimvbeeKimvbee Posts: 68 Member
    I make me. That's me over there to the left actually. (Well, fifteen years ago, shh)

I don't play me or my family though. It gets weird and disturbing pretty quick. :o
  • Options
    MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    I don't make myself (or any of my family) in the game, too creepy for my tastes. Tried it once, it was a disaster. Never again :)
  • Options
    AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    I make myself and it looks a lot like me. I have various saves with her in, doing different things. I love seeing how the kids turn out and throwing my fave celebrities in there for her to... get to know ;) um haha
    She has been downloaded by 5 people on the gallery last I checked which is so weird to think I could be walking around in people's games
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • Options
    ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    It's too weird for me, even now, to create a simself. My current forum avatar is the closest I've ever come to it and the only things we share are race and gender.
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    I usually make myself at some point then get bored within a few hours of the gameplay lol, I find if I make any of my friends or family I feel a bit like a creep playing them. Haha each to their own though!!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    <--- I usually looks the same, and wear a lot of black and red, but my traits vary (because more than 3 fit me).
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    I always create myself and play my family legacy! i played my family legacy in TS3 until TS4 came out so i created myself again and played from scratch, you know find a husband see how my children will be. I also create my best friend do the same with her and have at least one of our kids mary each other and i continue the legacy :p It is like a tradition now!

No I don't share myself in the gallery... it feels weird :/

Well my sim self is my avatar :) she is better looking than i am!
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I have never made myself or played as such, I have made family members and friends, and put them in houses like theirs in RL.
  • Options
    Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    I do add my 'simself' to my games. It can be pretty funny to see the autonomous actions my traits can encourage a sim to act out. :smiley:
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    My avatar is my simself. But I haven't played as myself in the S4 yet. Probably because I'm mostly doing stories now, and I'd rather not be in them, lol
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I love reading all these posts, but I'm kinda sad some people don't feel attractive as their sim or enough to make one. In general people find one another more attractive then they find themselves (that is to say people see you physically in a much more positive light then you see yourself)...I'm suddenly reminded of that stupid dove commercial....
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2016
    I attempted to make myself once in TS4 but not in the others.. She looked so little like me that it was irritating to play her so she got deleted. The only similarity was the eye and hair color and even those were not quite right :/

Thought I'd edit to explain, its not the game's limitations so much as mine that caused her not to look like me. I'm terrible at making look-alikes. Example: I once made Kirsten Dunst when attempting to make Betty White :s
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2016
    All the time, I never played a game where My Simself wasn't involved.

and I/he has evolved since 2014

screen_shot_2015_05_02_at_7_22_53_am_by_mphattyboi-d8rud1x.png

I like me now as you can see in my profile.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I only played once in TS3.
    But that sim is totally not liking me. :#
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I do have a family made up of me and some friends and while i like playing them occassionally, i don't like seeing them wandering around town when i'm playing my fictional Sims. For that reason i'll probably take them out of the world.