Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Illness

ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
is anyone's sims not getting sick AT ALL? mine haven't been sick over the 146 hours I have played the game with this expansion pack. they haven't got any traits that make them immune and none r doctors either. Can someone help?
To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    My sims are obviously getting your share of illnesses!

I guess it's just a random thing and I seem to have rolled all the sixes.
  • Options
    i want to see wht its like for them to be ill
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Do you have any mods that could stop them getting ill?

It's not very exciting, believe me. It doesn't seem to affect the sim in any way, other than giving them spots/stripes etc which go away after a night of sleep anyway. I used to like illness in previous games where it would make a sims stats go down or something, and they would need to rest in bed to get better.

Bjergsen_29.png
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    Have one of your sims find a job in the doctor career. You'll have an epidemic in no time.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Gee mine get sick all the time.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    A couple of my sims have never been sick, a couple get sick once in awhile, but I do have one particular sim who is sick EVERY day. I keep stocked up on medicine just for him. (I don't have any mods)
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Mine are always getting sick, too. I'm having every household stock up with medicine. As often as not, though, a good rest will cure whatever ails them.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    My sims are getting sick a lot.. and there has been a time or two, that they get sick again, just as soon as their medicine wears off. And, if you have a romantic couple.. if one gets sick, you can count on the other getting sick. But don't let what happened to me, happen to you. When the sim gets sick, they can die from it.. lol, when I first started my legacy game, one of the sims got sick and I really wasn't paying much attention about it other than the fact he was giggling a lot. He was in the process of proposing to his girlfriend, when the Grim Reaper came to visit him.
  • Options
    TayBabyTayBaby Posts: 70 Member
    As long as I have at least one sim in the medical profession it seems like my sims are sick constantly! Maybe try getting a sim into that career?
    Have been playing since the release.
    Always been a story teller, but with this game I am trying my hand at building.
    Check me out on the gallery :)
    Origin ID: TaylorNicRaft17
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I was having this issue with one family. I made them all drink Green Tea all the time for a few days even if they weren't sick and since then no-one has been sick. Don't know if it was a coincidence or not but it worked for me.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    edited January 2016
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I was having this issue with one family. I made them all drink Green Tea all the time for a few days even if they weren't sick and since then no-one has been sick. Don't know if it was a coincidence or not but it worked for me.

I think that is way to cure illness in the game, when my sim who has the wellness skill gets sick, she will get a whim to cure the sickness with tea. I think lifestyle also affects how your sim will wish to cure the illness. She never wants to take medicine only tea.
    Post edited by reni344 on
  • Options
    i have tried getting someone into the medical career and nothing happened and I have no mods that stop or even interfere with illness
  • Options
    Tinyfazza84Tinyfazza84 Posts: 106 Member
    My current legacy sim gets sick every time she woohoos her husband, it's very annoying as spending a fortune on medicine
    Origin ID Tinyfazza84
  • Options
    tysm ^-^
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    These are some cheat codes for illness symptoms.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Symptoms
    Can't you just make them drink Orange Juice instead of cheating to get them healthy?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    if my sims are sick the best remedy is orange juice and lots of rest
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    @pepperjax1230 the cheats weren't for treating illness, it was so I could get the illness
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    My main household very rarely gets sick, but I also practice quarantine on sick sims, so that might be why.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    Simsfan9911Simsfan9911 Posts: 155 Member
    My sims are sick for a few sim hours then it seems to go.
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    when I first start playing get to work my sims wasn't getting sick, but then in the current household both of my sims are in the doctor career and both of them was getting sick periodically. it didn't start until after I purchase medicine from the computer and had my sim take it, because I wasnted to see what side effect it had a non sick sim. but when he took it he was sick with a cold but he didn't have the moodlet. after that he and his wife started getting sick.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    i tried that but it didn't work
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    My sims get sick like every five minutes. I recently got the Get to Work expansion for Christmas on Origin when it was on sale for about $20.
    whkt1z.png
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope