Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Cannot edit pre-existing sims" with cas.fulleditmode on.

My normal method of story progression is to use CAS to produce offspring, pair them up once they've become YAs, and use CAS to set them as married. This is only working some of the time now.

* When I try to set (unrelated) sims as spouses in CAS (with cas.fulleditmode on) for some of them the relationship pulldowns are grayed out. The mouse-over gives me "cannot edit pre-existing sims" like fulleditmode isn't on or they're related. So I can't marry up the new generation of parents.

* I had some trouble creating offspring after the 04Dec patch. Instead of being able to use both parents, the second parent was not available. (This is also happening now.) I generally made kids by spawning siblings off the existing children or only using one parent.

* I haven't seen the inability to edit relationships affect the sims who already existed prior the the patch, only those spawned after the patch. (3/4 of this generation's children were post-patch.)

* I've switched the viewpoint to these sims and they have positive relationships (friendly, not romantic).

* I've tried the edit relationship cheat in one case. It only worked going one way. So the male has a wife, but the female he's married to isn't married. (These are also unable to spawn children together.) Repeated attempts to set the relationship going the other way (listing her first in the cheat, then him) failed.

* From a 3rd party relationship panel, both sims are showing as each other's spouse.

* Tried moving them out and back in in Manage Neighborhood. Tried repairing the game.

* I really don't want to have to go to all 20 couples remaining and play each household long enough to marry them off. I shutter to think what my heirloom family would get up to in the interim.

Suggestions welcome. I'm on the sixth generation in this neighborhood and don't really want to start over.

Comments