Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas to include in Weather EP

PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
- Weather in all towns, like in sims 3 (the survey scared me)

- The ability to set our own holidays I.e instead of having spooky day say, we would get a sim calender and choose which days would be a national holiday which we could name and select aspects for that day including clothing. We could then use stuff packs too. For instance I may add Christmas but someone else could add Hanukah or Yule. You could add as many holidays as you wish and hopefully EA would release more than just American holiday stuff. It be nice to make moon cakes for the harvest festival...I would totally add Pancake day as it is one of my favourite days of the year

- Children would get scared of lightning, especially at night unless they had the brave trait, adults would get scared if they have the scaredy cat trait

- Maybe introduce board games for a rainy weekend

- Mood would be affected if they love or hate certain weather conditions

- Sun tans and pool parties

- Ability to add extra blankets that sims put out and heating for Autumn and Winter

- Greenhouses included in EP like sims 2

Comments

• Options
    xo.meghan.xoxo.meghan.xo Posts: 10 New Member
    i really need a seasons expansion in my game! im so used to it in sims 3!!! i need this in my life :D
  • Options
    091012mandy091012mandy Posts: 10 New Member
    The weather was always the fun one because of the holidays with it, but i agree it would be great to add some holidays plus more interactions with the sims for the weather and it would be intersting to have storms as well.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited December 2015
    I think Each World, even neighborhoods should have there own weather.
    Like in one area of Willow Creek, it could be down pouring and lightning and if you were to travel to the other neighborhood, on the other side of the map, it could be cloudy, or just clearing up and you could see lightning/thunder head in the distance.

and each world would have their own unique type of season, by default

I think there should be a Widget built into the UI that is expandable and can give a 7 day forecast. and is intractable, so if a player saw it was going to rain in the game that coming weekend, and if they wanted to, they could swap out the weather for something else. Displays temperature in °F/°C and a little weather icon of current weather when minimized.

and then cheats, can further change weather like:

timeset.0000 and that would make it midnight
    timeset.1200 would make it noon
    timeset.0530 would make it 5:30am
    timeset.1800 would make it 6pm
    World.rain
    World.Clear_weather
    World.set_season_winter
    and so on

I would like to see snow accumulate like in Sims 3 seasons, Sims standing Knee deep in snow, small animals get buried, maybe this time mid thigh.

I would like to See a new vital bar. Body Temperature, added to the Needs tab.

Hoping Favorites is added soon.
    I hope to be able to pick Favorite Season/Weather.
    Because in reality, I love Sun Showers and Lightning, and also Blizzards in the winter.
    my favorite Season is Spring.
    and it could impact sim's emotions greatly, and Save a few trait Slots.

and Plus weather spells for supernaturals.

Also Love to see, chances of:
    Lightning strikes/Snow heavy = Power outages/Heat cut sims resulting to oil lamps, fireplace, candles bonfires.
    Wind speeds = new walk style sims trying to brace against the wind and maybe rain. chances or little animals/kids being blown away in 40mph winds.
    "Pipes" becoming frozen = no water
    Death by Hyper/Hypo-thermia - sims can die from being too hot/cold.
    Snow accumulation so high, Sims can't really go anywhere, they're snow'd in/Classes/work/Stores closed. they can go, attempt to go out and explore but yeah.
    and ice storms.
    Sand Storms in Oasis Springs.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited December 2015
    I agree with @MasonGamer Weather should be able to be set per district. I don't want snow in OS. It doesn't make sense. Windenburg and Granite Falls might get more than average. WC is like New Orleans so not much snow there either.

Wind storms for OS. Hurricanes for WC.

I'd like to set weather that way.
  • Options
    Exactly @fullspiral, but if a player really wanted it to snow In oasis, they could cheat it in. I'm sure someone would want to throw the worlds out of balance, and do some, Day After Tomorrow catastrophe, type stuff.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Exactly @fullspiral, but if a player really wanted it to snow In oasis, they could cheat it in. I'm sure someone would want to throw the worlds out of balance, and do some, Day After Tomorrow catastrophe, type stuff.

I just mean that we can set it in game options. It would be great if they could put sliders in. Snow- light to heavy. Rain- light to torrential. ( or none) We could set up each district to how we want it. :)
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    And, the Type of Weather could Damage homes if they're severe enough. Hail destroying windows, Snow Storms freezing and bursting pipes, Thunder Storms catching trees on fire.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

I just mean that we can set it in game options. It would be great if they could put sliders in. Snow- light to heavy. Rain- light to torrential. ( or none) We could set up each district to how we want it. :)

I'd prefer, To cheat it, and see the weather/world transition before my eyes. instead of pausing the game, going to options and moving sliders, and resuming, and going back and forth.

For me personally it's just easier for me to keep typing cheats, and if I don't like what I did, I can undo it with another cheat. is why I want it to be that way. and I like to see what I'm customizing, and maybe the Weather widget that could be built into the UI, We could play DJ, and customize.

Unless they want to Redesign a Personalize the World tool. stick it right next to Build mode and call it a day.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

I'd prefer, To cheat it, and see the weather/world transition before my eyes. instead of pausing the game, going to options and moving sliders, and resuming, and going back and forth.

For me personally it's just easier for me to keep typing cheats, and if I don't like what I did, I can undo it with another cheat. is why I want it to be that way. and I like to see what I'm customizing, and maybe the Weather widget that could be built into the UI, We could play DJ, and customize.

Unless they want to Redesign a Personalize the World tool. stick it right next to Build mode and call it a day.

You prefer to cheat, some prefer sliders and options. At the end of the day, and however they do it, I just want to be able to set weather per district. :)
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    Though I haven't touched it, OS and maybe WC would tend to be "warm" (subject to each player's options of course) I wouldn't mind snow in NewCrust.
  • Options
    Woah am I the Op of this post, I forgot about it, feels like inception.

I like your ideas Masongamer about different settings for the worlds, we have to have loading anyway so we may as well have awesome weather too :) Although I would also prefer sliders
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I want an option to make it rain 24/7. That's all I need.
  • Options
    EvaSaysRawrEvaSaysRawr Posts: 32 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > I think Each World, even neighborhoods should have there own weather.
    > Like in one area of Willow Creek, it could be down pouring and lightning and if you were to travel to the other neighborhood, on the other side of the map, it could be cloudy, or just clearing up and you could see lightning/thunder head in the distance.
    >
    > and each world would have their own unique type of season, by default
    >
    > I think there should be a Widget built into the UI that is expandable and can give a 7 day forecast. and is intractable, so if a player saw it was going to rain in the game that coming weekend, and if they wanted to, they could swap out the weather for something else. Displays temperature in °F/°C and a little weather icon of current weather when minimized.
    >
    > and then cheats, can further change weather like:
    >
    > timeset.0000 and that would make it midnight
    > timeset.1200 would make it noon
    > timeset.0530 would make it 5:30am
    > timeset.1800 would make it 6pm
    > World.rain
    > World.Clear_weather
    > World.set_season_winter
    > and so on
    >
    > I would like to see snow accumulate like in Sims 3 seasons, Sims standing Knee deep in snow, small animals get buried, maybe this time mid thigh.
    >
    > I would like to See a new vital bar. Body Temperature, added to the Needs tab.
    >
    > Hoping Favorites is added soon.
    > I hope to be able to pick Favorite Season/Weather.
    > Because in reality, I love Sun Showers and Lightning, and also Blizzards in the winter.
    > my favorite Season is Spring.
    > and it could impact sim's emotions greatly, and Save a few trait Slots.
    >
    > and Plus weather spells for supernaturals.
    >
    > Also Love to see, chances of:
    > Lightning strikes/Snow heavy = Power outages/Heat cut sims resulting to oil lamps, fireplace, candles bonfires.
    > Wind speeds = new walk style sims trying to brace against the wind and maybe rain. chances or little animals/kids being blown away in 40mph winds.
    > "Pipes" becoming frozen = no water
    > Death by Hyper/Hypo-thermia - sims can die from being too hot/cold.
    > Snow accumulation so high, Sims can't really go anywhere, they're snow'd in/Classes/work/Stores closed. they can go, attempt to go out and explore but yeah.
    > and ice storms.
    > Sand Storms in Oasis Springs.

All of this basically! I'd also love to see radiators make a return. Don't know why but I really liked that in TS2 Seasons.
  • Options
    I remember I liked greenhouses in 2, they were a bit lame in 3. I'm still waiting for open and closing of curtains
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    I really enjoyed the frosted windows in the winter in TS3. It was little touches like that where the environment reacted to the weather that heightened my Seasons experience.
  • Options
    buydebugbuydebug Posts: 197 Member
    What about natural disasters?
    •tornadoes
    •hurricanes
    •blizzards
    •earthquakes
    •flooding?
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the frosted windows in the winter in TS3. It was little touches like that where the environment reacted to the weather that heightened my Seasons experience.

I like how the plants would freeze over and how the house would shake with a lightning storm.
  • Options
    buydebug wrote: »
    •tornadoes
    •hurricanes
    •blizzards
    •earthquakes
    •flooding?

How would they do it though? They can't even make teenagers look any different to an adult haha
  • Options
    KyationeKyatione Posts: 187 Member
    > @MasonGamer said: All of this basically! I'd also love to see radiators make a return. Don't know why but I really liked that in TS2 Seasons.

I also want to see radiators return and I hope that this time unlike in Sims 3, air conditioning can actually be used when Seasons comes out just like what they did with the lockers when Spa Day came out. I hope fans also make a return and are functional too.

--SUMMER--
    Maybe on a VERY hot day in summer, not only is there a high chance of heat stroke (death by combustion), but an emergency report can come in on the radio/tv/notification and sims can choose to stay at home or use sun screen to go out (they won't die if they use it - it can last for 2 sim hours), there can also be a drought on very hot days too that will make any plants not in a green house, want to be watered more often or risk dying. I do want a bit of disasters with the Seasons so that maybe during Summer there is a chance of hurricane on particularly humid days. Include lemonade stands so sims drink more in the summer, have pool parties, be able to get a tan. Bring back sprinklers to water lawns/gardens/play in. During a drought have them shut off sprinklers or face penalty (fine) from the police. Include paper fans that can be used to alleviate the heat.

--WINTER--
    Winter has can have snow storms or blizzards, naturally the radiator will have to work, option to stay warm by the fireplace, catch a cold if your sim is soaked in the winter time for too long, drink hot chocolate or soup to get rid of it, those who exit pools will get a chilly moodlet if they don't have the 'loves the cold trait', in fact these sims should be immune to the effects of the weather they like and more susceptible to the opposite. So loves the cold sims might be more at risk of catching heat stroke in summer than a normal sim, etc.

I also agree with a lot of things that were mentioned already. I'm not certain what can happen in Autumn or Spring but they could also include Lightning storms, power cuts, death by lightning/combustion, gloomy sims can get sad on a rainy day, cheerful sims are happy in the spring, children can hide under sheets when they hear thunder or during a lightning storm (coward adults too), rake up fallen leaves, include holidays where sims can get day offs (spring break for a University EP and possibly summer break from school would be cool) so kids could choose to stay home, go to summer school (shorter time than actual school and starts later where they learn skills or hobbies!).

I think if they don't piece up everything like they've been doing so far, a full fleshed Seasons EP should include Festival/Holidays, Weather, a little bit of Disasters and Hobbies to make it an all rounded pack.
  • Options
    StormydoveStormydove Posts: 53 Member
    Was hoping for this
  • Options
    roberts66roberts66 Posts: 14 New Member
    I would love to see seasons come back. I like how they are making things differently then they did in sims 3. But saying that i do really miss the seasons. Keep things like they mainly had in sims 3 but add new things like they have been so far. Just like @kyatione and EvaSaysRawr were saying. And as stuff packs have the natural disasters if people want them. That way if people don't want the natural disasters its an option they don't have to buy.
  • Options
    katshepsutkatshepsut Posts: 8 New Member
    I too loved the weather changes from the Sims 3, I would love to see pets {mostly the horses =D} has well has being able to be a witch and do the show time stuff too. That would be wonderful indeed!
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    Yes. I would love this.
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    •tornadoes
    •hurricanes
    •blizzards
    •earthquakes
    •flooding?

I think they should only add hurricanes,blizzards, and earthquakes. Like in the xbox 360 gameplay of TS3, They had earthquakes. They should also have solar flares and meteors drop out the air. If you had a sim as a scientist they would be able to tell what happened to thier family on the meteorshower.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    •tornadoes
    •hurricanes
    •blizzards
    •earthquakes
    •flooding?

How would they do it though? They can't even make teenagers look any different to an adult haha

Ahem. Not all teenagers are smaller than their parents. By the time Teens are in the 10th grade, many are the Same height, or, Taller than their Parents.

What you're thinking about, is The Sims 3's Teens(a.k.a. Real World Pre-Teens). :)