Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quirky/Cartoon Styled Sims

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Thank you!!! I'm a CC addict so i love it when other simmers share links :)
    Your welcome. I'm a CC/mod addict too since the Sims 2. So many years of addiction.

I loved the site you linked :) now is late, but tomorrow ill have to do some CC shopping haha
    LumialoverSims has nice male Maxis matched hairs too. Enjoy CC shopping. The GT hairs look super adorable on kids.

I enjoy CAS so much with the sims 4. I'm still working on my sims so they look more cartoony. Its hard though cause in ts2 and ts3 my sims looked very realistic.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Im loving many hair styles. My only problem is that if they arent maxis match it will look broken with laptop mode :/
    Yeah I hate that aspect with alpha hairs too. I'm slowly converting my hair obsession to Maxis matched more. I actually found some hairs here that have nice Maxis matched hairs especially for kids. http://mystufforigin.blogspot.pt/search/label/Hair

Me too. I'm going to go through that list too.

thanks for the links! @Simasaurus09
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Me too. I'm going to go through that list too.
    Yeah it is kind of hard because I really like Stealthic and Nightcrawler's hairs a lot especially with the ombre colors.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I was inspired by all the cuteness so I tried to actually make a more cartoony sim while still keeping true to my own "style". :)

This is who I made:
    Holly Daze
    2cpe0dc.jpg
    o6z9rd.jpg
    23j4i6a.jpg
    t4tnr8.jpg
    fz2ek4.jpg

Really loving her. I actually want to play her. <3
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    You should! @Ayumap
    I am having a lot of fun with my new couple. I was going to move them but now I am going to wait til I get the movie pack. The furniture is perfect for them!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    You should! @Ayumap
    I am having a lot of fun with my new couple. I was going to move them but now I am going to wait til I get the movie pack. The furniture is perfect for them!

I'm excited for that as well. All of that stuff is so cute! I decorated the mini suit outside the main house for her since she really didn't have the money to afford the house furnished (or other wise). xD

The hard part right now is I'm not sure I have a story for her. She's creative, self-assured, cheerful, and Gregarious, but I'm not sure who I really want her to be.

You know, seeing @Ponder the Sim mention a daycare and talking to @Linamints about a girl scouts troop.. I think I might do that! Have her lead a group of little girls in her spare time. Take them on fieldtrips to different venues, some educational, some fun, bake them snacks, teach them the ways of herblism, collect frogs, ect.

Think I seen a mod awhile back to let kids garden. Sudden burst of inspiration! :)

--
    Edit In addition to that, I just thought I should make another club for her too. YA ,A,and E only. All about nature and relaxation. Figure that'll be a nice thing for her to enjoy when she's not taking care of her troop. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    Bigger eyes, exaggerate features that would be exaggerated in a cartoon, like a snub or crooked nose (or in case of anime style sims, smaller noses). Wacky hair, eyeliner to define and frame the eyes. The rest pretty much follows from there. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Decided to have a try myself. :)
    a5919ec.jpg
    9fba2e3.jpg
    giphy.gif

• Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @Ayumap You just have to get the kids can garden mod! It is absolutely adorable to have the kids garden with their mommy, and I have my kids help outside often. I really love it!

Maybe helping the community gardens is one way our little troops can help out their community! Too cute! You're inspiring me too XD.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I guess you're not exactly waiting for my input about this (because I never make a secret out of the fact the sims in 4 disappoint me, as does the game in general), but that's because I happen to prefer them more realistic and serious in this game. That being said, I absolutely loved to create them cartoony and created myself a group of sims I really enjoyed and hopefully will enjoy in the future. This game is absolutely fabulous where it comes to exaggerating their features and when I did that, the animations started to make sense for me as well and the game became more fun. What I do is find a model in CAS and start highlighting their characteristics. By making their eyes, mouths and noses extremely big or extremely small and give their faces an extreme form as well.

Prunella_zpsgj6tvbot.png31-8-15_1-26_zpshstnfqet.png

Manuel_zpsw2ajcebv.png19-8-15_0-18_zpssysg0vzk.png

2-9-15_21-40-2_zpsqxc4gyuj.png6-9-15_0-03_zpsv14bhtzx.png

6-9-15_1-07_zpsjgn7gfvy.png28-8-15_18-20-2_zpsnz1cndph.png

9-8-15_23-53_zps0d7dn8mm.png

Those are truly awesome, @JoAnne65. I just love the second fellow with the hat.
  • Options
    Linamints wrote: »
    @Ayumap You just have to get the kids can garden mod! It is absolutely adorable to have the kids garden with their mommy, and I have my kids help outside often. I really love it!

Maybe helping the community gardens is one way our little troops can help out their community! Too cute! You're inspiring me too XD.

@Linamints thanks for the mod name! Ill be off to find it in a bit. :) can't wait to see your group. So far i've taken in some of Amaris girls since he has enough for several troops haha. But i need to get to making a uniform or something. Cant wait. Glad you're feeling inspired. Looking forward to seeing where that takes you. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @Ayumap If you haven't found it already, here ya go!: http://arienli.tumblr.com/post/116390963686/kids-can-garden-mod

It's slowly coming together, I did a bunch of re-colors for uniforms today ^^.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    Thank you @Linamints. :)

Also, themysticalpoet I love the sim you made, she's really pretty. I like all of the colors used for her make up.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    James
    piOO0Mw.png

Allison
    A9noJFM.png
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I guess you're not exactly waiting for my input about this (because I never make a secret out of the fact the sims in 4 disappoint me, as does the game in general), but that's because I happen to prefer them more realistic and serious in this game. That being said, I absolutely loved to create them cartoony and created myself a group of sims I really enjoyed and hopefully will enjoy in the future. This game is absolutely fabulous where it comes to exaggerating their features and when I did that, the animations started to make sense for me as well and the game became more fun. What I do is find a model in CAS and start highlighting their characteristics. By making their eyes, mouths and noses extremely big or extremely small and give their faces an extreme form as well.

Prunella_zpsgj6tvbot.png31-8-15_1-26_zpshstnfqet.png

Manuel_zpsw2ajcebv.png19-8-15_0-18_zpssysg0vzk.png

2-9-15_21-40-2_zpsqxc4gyuj.png6-9-15_0-03_zpsv14bhtzx.png

6-9-15_1-07_zpsjgn7gfvy.png28-8-15_18-20-2_zpsnz1cndph.png

9-8-15_23-53_zps0d7dn8mm.png

Those are truly awesome, @JoAnne65. I just love the second fellow with the hat.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Thank you @Linamints. :)

Also, themysticalpoet I love the sim you made, she's really pretty. I like all of the colors used for her make up.

Thank you, thinking of trying a second attempt though. Honestly I think she actually looks relatively normal for a sim. :o
    giphy.gif

• Options
    I really do find the quirky/cartoony sims much harder to make than a normal sim. Maybe it's because I have never really done that style and don't have practice at it. I like it though! It's a nice alternative to my normal "A day in the life of" saves.
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I really do find the quirky/cartoony sims much harder to make than a normal sim. Maybe it's because I have never really done that style and don't have practice at it. I like it though! It's a nice alternative to my normal "A day in the life of" saves.

Practice, practice, practice! I struggled to make "cartoony" Sims. I just looked at lots of people on Tumblr and things like widening the nose bulb and giving them big lips really helps. Custom content really helps to, of course; especially the nose/ear blush.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif