Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The third EP announcement will be The Sims 4's definitive moment?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Moved to ideas section, no wonder I couldn't find this thread

:disappointed:

This thread does include ideas for future packs though :) but I wish this was on Feedback or General discussion.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    If Maxis announces EP3 to be about family life, many Simmers will be happy. But if they announce it to be something else, would you mind if it was something like Apartment Life/City Life/Superstar/School etc.? I hope EP3 announcement will come in February/March. I recently saw 2 dreams about toddlers coming to TS4 in a free update and it hurts me to think that that may never happen. What do you think? :)

"Will the second EP define the future of TS4?"

"Will the thrid EP define the future of TS4?"

"Will the fourth EP define....etc.

TS4 is already defined. Needless to say we all hope someday EA/Maxis will release a Generations EP.

nope i hope the next ep is pets i need pets

Did I even said anything about the NEXT EP?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Apartment life was my favorite TS2 expansion, and although we were able to live in apartments in TS3 Late Night, it wasn't as awesome as it was back in TS2. So I'd really love to see how TS4 version of apartment life would look like.
  • Options
    deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    If Maxis announces EP3 to be about family life, many Simmers will be happy. But if they announce it to be something else, would you mind if it was something like Apartment Life/City Life/Superstar/School etc.? I hope EP3 announcement will come in February/March. I recently saw 2 dreams about toddlers coming to TS4 in a free update and it hurts me to think that that may never happen. What do you think? :)

TS4 is already defined. Needless to say we all hope someday EA/Maxis will release a Generations EP.

ya you did :/
  • Options
    SolaireSolaire Posts: 2 New Member
    I am personally hoping for pets as they are an essential EP for every edition of the sims
  • Options
    edited January 2016

No I didn't lol all I said is "we all hope SOMEDAY..." lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

what ever i know what i saw

• Options

lol....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

lol....

okay.. all im saying is sims pets better come next

• Options
    97Nahue97Nahue Posts: 7 New Member
    edited January 2016
    I want pets as an EP :D and toddlers, for free :D
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Apartment life was my favorite TS2 expansion, and although we were able to live in apartments in TS3 Late Night, it wasn't as awesome as it was back in TS2. So I'd really love to see how TS4 version of apartment life would look like.

Apartment life was for the most part, better than Late Night...but BRIDGEPORT! Such an amazing city and my sim had awesome views from her apartment. Now if they had made apartments in Late Night more like sims 2, but with Bridgeport...wow!
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    As far as the topic of pets...I love animals so yes I would like a pet ep at some point. Also, pets are great to keep a sim's social up without having to go out all the time...
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Oh and by the way for those of you wanting a back to school ep I think that should be combined with Generations.

I honestly hope it won't be. Not because I want the school pack, because I don't, but because I want generations to be completely focused on the sims themselves (what makes them unique), the addition of toddlers, adding more to elders, teens, and babies, as well as depicting the "growing pains" of life. The ups and downs. The little (and big) every day things we do in life. There are really a lot of things I can think of that would fit into that.

If anything they should put the kids school stuff with the college stuff. (but I have a feeling some wouldn't like that either)

I completely agree. I want generations to focus on raising a family. I want more baby stuff, like rocking chairs, mats for tummy time, change tables, new clothes, toddlers obviously hehe, children games and toys, new interactions. I want new kid-friendly venues like ice cream parlors, fairs, arcades, etc. I'd like new careers like teaching and daycare. I would like to see the return of after school activities, school uniforms and things of that nature, but what I do not want is another open careers type repetitive goal list.

All good ideas, and just a small amount of ideas that I'm sure they could come up with, with much more people. So, this is why I don't accept the excuse of "Well, what else could we have added?" The eps shouldn't suffer because of lack of imagination, especially when there's a whole forum full of ideas, never mind just being alive and saying "hey I do that stuff", how can I add that to a game and make it fun or challenging?

I'm even sure some of those things could be taken and shoved into another pack, but why not get one big pack with stuff? There will still be more ideas to go around. There are so many things in this world you can do and since this is the sims there are so many things that can be done.

Even if toddlers are added to the base game, with a basic crib, food, walking, talking, clothes, a toy, and blah blah blah more basics, I don't want generations just for toddlers. I just hope it's their excuse to add them. So, let's even pretend they patch in "freed" babies. Then within the ep add new traits, cas items, and generic build mode items and decorations. (Actually seems like a good excuse to add in "handy me down" looking furniture as well as some ikea like furniture, and more expensive stuff for a well to do family) All of that stuff, I guess one might expect, but then it's like well what else could they add that would be fun?

Play pins for the toddlers, Baby carriers so that when your sim goes for a walk you can bring your child along. Maybe your sim can't afford a baby sitter. Strollers (similar to what I just wrote). The ability to hire baby sitters, even have grandparents offer to watch the sim kids, or have parents ask the teens to do it. Reminds me of in generations where the parents go away having "won" a vacation and the game encourages you to throw a party while "your" parents are out of town. I don't even think I really need to go into much detail with the babies and toddlers. There will be objects for them to use, you could give them baths, have the baby monitors, the mobiles, the baby walkers, the new interactions between family members/siblings with the baby/toddlers like peekaboo, piggy back rides, playing make believe, having tea parties, the new responsibility that would go along with having freed babies as well as toddlers added. And just tons more, borrowing from the sims 3 again, the kids could check under their bed for monsters and have imaginary friends.

You can expand more on children and teens, give them more ways to be mischievous or use their imaginations, allow them to have "crushes", have first dates (I know they can go on dates already, but I think the new teen friendly locations would expand upon that if added), new places for them to hang out, new activities and social groups they can join, things that could go hand and hand with GT.

Add those "after school" activities; soccer, football, ballet, ect, and add venues that they could visit specifically for that. (of course adults could do these things too, especially because teens are the same size). Add special costumes and bring back the "costume chest" so that the children can play make believe in their tree houses, or while running through the yard playing tag, but also so that the teens could also host plays (was really thinking school plays or talent shows) for the adults to watch as they sharpen their acting skills, maybe have sock puppets or puppetry in general. Bring back proms and acne, the ability for a sim parent to set curfew (or decide that they don't want their kid to be over run by "rules" and have no curfew), let the kids sneak out and get caught, have water balloon fights and play in the sprinkles, play practical jokes on their younger siblings/older siblings, and even play with firecrackers and what ever else they shouldn't be getting into.

Bring back home movies, let sims go through "phases" of who they're going to be, get whims to change their look up, have new activities to pick up and skills they could learn. I wish sims could form their own little bands and play together in their parents "garage" (not with the actual hopes of perusing it as a career, but as a group activity) I want to see wedding venues, wedding cakes, and tweaking so that sims actually sit down to watch the wedding. I don't even care for parties, but can see them adding sleepovers, bachelor and bachelorette parties. I want to see sims actually affected by divorces in a more meaningful and big way, or maybe being upset when their parents get remarried (if the new spouse and the child have a low relationship) or them being happy/excited if the new spouse/child have a higher relationship.

I also want special venues for the elders, activities they could get into, hobbies (new skills) they could do while retired, canes for those who need it, ect.

I tried to keep what I was saying as generic as possible and avoid going into greater detail, but all of that could be expanded on, and there could be even greater ideas by others (and have been). I don't think a generations pack would have any shortage of things that could be added.

I want all of this. Every. Single. Thing.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member

We certainly do hope someday ;)@Sigzy05

Matthew.