Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim's last name changed when she got married, not really, SOLVED!

rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
I had the male sim click the wedding arch, and she took his last name, I only just noticed her last name changed, and I did nothing to change it!!! I guess they finally fixed this?! Yay!
Post edited by rjhenn14 on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Do you have MC Command Center? I believe it might be a default there to change the names.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    No I don't have that mod
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    What is a " MC Command Center " ? I see this mentioned a lot.
  • Options
    simsationsimsation Posts: 39 Member
    Has this happened in anyone else's game? I'd really love to know if this is an actual thing or just a bug
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Well I don't know about the wedding arch because I never use that, but I can say that when you do it right away, they do not change last names.. My Sims got married 'the easy way' yesterday, and I had to go into CAS to change all the last names.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I hope that's a bug. I don't like forced name changes.
  • Options
    Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    edited January 2016
    Sounds odd, not all cultures make women to take a Husband's last name.
    My parents are from Latin America and they kept their different last names and made sure that I took both of their last name when I was born in the USA.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I think they should give you the option when they are getting married. Not that hard to give the player a pop-up with options to give them the desired last names.. But yeah.. I still don't get so many of the design flaws of this game.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    Laceyrose wrote: »
    What is a " MC Command Center " ? I see this mentioned a lot.

Did you play The Sims 3?

well, MC Command Center is the equivalent for The Sims 4 to Nraas Story Progression + Nraas Master Controller
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I had a big wedding with the arch...not a planned wedding party though. The wife didn't take the husband's name. I had to use cas.fulleditmode to change it. Maybe if you plan a prestige event wedding the name change happens...???
  • Options
    Yeah it's weird, I swear I don't use the mod, and I definitely didn't change her name. In previous Sims games it was whoever clicked on the arch was the one whose last name would be taken, and in this case my male sim clicked arch, and female took his name. I know I definitely didn't change it because I was never going to change her name.

It was a prestige event, and it was at the Von Haunt Chalet Gardens arch by the pond
  • Options
    I had a big wedding with the arch...not a planned wedding party though. The wife didn't take the husband's name. I had to use cas.fulleditmode to change it. Maybe if you plan a prestige event wedding the name change happens...???

From what I understood, it was in patch notes awhile ago to allow name changes without needing to use the cas.fulleditmode cheat, because the was their answer to allowing us to do easy name changes after weddings. And this has worked for me. Obviously traits and other things can still not be changed without the cheats, but the name should be able to.

• Options
    Okay, I am going to test this. I am removing all of my mods (the only script mods I am really using are Dark gaia, no-cull, and no relationship culling by Neia, and some mod to make baked items that weren't being listed as baking skill, in that category)

And I am going to test this the same way I did before, by doing a prestige event and marrying at the gardens.

Will report back.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    There could also be an option to hyphenate the names, many people do that these days.
  • Options
    Well her name did not change. I don't know why my one sim's did that time. There must be something with one of my mods that affects that. Sorry for the hype!! Was all excited!

But just so people do know, that don't already the ability to change their name in cas, using change appearance or plan outfit has been added so there is at least no need to cheat to change the names (if wanted) anymore.

Okay, so that myth was busted! lol!
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I think they should give you the option when they are getting married. Not that hard to give the player a pop-up with options to give them the desired last names.. But yeah.. I still don't get so many of the design flaws of this game.
    Yeah I'd rather this as well. It shouldn't be difficult to do. Don't like the game deciding things like that for me.
  • Options
    Yeah I'd rather this as well. It shouldn't be difficult to do. Don't like the game deciding things like that for me.

Agreed. I think that would be the best option. But at least we don't have to cheat to change their names anymore.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member

You don't have to use a cheat if you only want to change the name. You can just choose "plan outfit" on a dresser and then change the name :blush: If you didn't know :wink:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    rjhenn14 wrote: »

Agreed. I think that would be the best option. But at least we don't have to cheat to change their names anymore.

I still have to take my sims into cas when they marry to change the wife's last name, even though the MC Mod is set (by default) so she gets her husband's last name. :(
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    rjhenn14 wrote: »

I still have to take my sims into cas when they marry to change the wife's last name, even though the MC Mod is set (by default) so she gets her husband's last name. :(

I think that that MCCC setting is only applied to the Sims the mod marries off, not to Sims players marry off.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.