Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really Annoyed with The sims 4!

Its practically unplayable! None of the sims will move or do as I say, Idk what to do. I have soo many mods tho... I found out that poses were stopping my sims from doing anything, but now my sims are just staring at each other. Please help :(

S91Echo.gif?1

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Did you reset the gameplay folder after pulling that mod out?
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.

Also, do you still have mods in the Mods folder? Have you tried pulling the whole folder out to see if something that's left there is interfering?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    What @luthienrisng said -- sounds like you've still got a mod conflict other than the pose mod. That's why it's important to check all mods/CC after every patch.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimmerSparklezzzSimmerSparklezzz Posts: 875 Member
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.

Also, do you still have mods in the Mods folder? Have you tried pulling the whole folder out to see if something that's left there is interfering?

I'm worried im gonna mess everything up, is there any alternatives?

S91Echo.gif?1
  • Options
    toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member

So that's how you clear your cache! It sounds complicated, but thank you for the explanation.
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I'm worried im gonna mess everything up, is there any alternatives?

Follow the instructions for the first part, and nothing will mess up.

Don't "save" when you're checking to see if pulling out mods works, or only "save as" something you call "test save"; just open a save, try things, and exit. If it's worked, add mods back in gradually, doing the same thing but not saving over your main save, until you've figured out the culprit mods/CC.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I will try this now

S91Echo.gif?1
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    For a while my sims were standing idle, doing nothing at all until I directed them and it happened to me after switching autonomy off and back on. I think it stopped after I began playing a different household. I have no mods in my game at all.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    A lot of mods and CC were outdated with the last patch.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I did it but forgot all about the options.ini! Do I have to re do it?

S91Echo.gif?1
  • Options
    toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    Sims do sometimes give the impression they're idling, because they're slow-witted. I say them "Go hug your friend". I wait 15 seconds/minutes, and I find them somewhere else, idling or whatnot. I have to repeat them things more than once sometimes before they do what I'm asking them.
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Sims do sometimes give the impression they're idling, because they're slow-witted. I say them "Go hug your friend". I wait 15 seconds/minutes, and I find them somewhere else, idling or whatnot. I have to repeat them things more than once sometimes before they do what I'm asking them.

No I mean the action completely disappears :(

S91Echo.gif?1
  • Options

If specific mods aren't causing the problem, you might just be hitting lag from what your hardware can handle. If you don't end up identifying stuff in the Mods folder that's an issue, and if the cache clearing doesn't help, post again and there might be more things we can try.
  • Options

If specific mods aren't causing the problem, you might just be hitting lag from what your hardware can handle. If you don't end up identifying stuff in the Mods folder that's an issue, and if the cache clearing doesn't help, post again and there might be more things we can try.

Well I don't have any mods other than cas cc, and for some reason my sims wont cook or do certain things (the action deletes itself)

S91Echo.gif?1
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Well I don't have any mods other than cas cc, and for some reason my sims wont cook or do certain things (the action deletes itself)

A lot of CC was broken with the last patch too. Not just mods.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I have had the same problem check out my post here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/867944/game-acting-up#dates there may be some answers in there for you.
  • Options

Now the task bar keeps going up and down and the actions keep going away? it wont let me do anything!

S91Echo.gif?1
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

Ugh I really hate ea

S91Echo.gif?1
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Ugh I really hate ea

Join the club :)

I had to install a mod just so the game could be playable
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Ugh I really hate ea

It's not EA. They are building a game lol. It's our choice to add mods and cc and our responsibility to maintain and look after it.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Did you try repairing the game after resetting your folders? I have a vanilla game and don't have this problem. But I know other simmers have it to but not too sure if it's caused by mods or CC.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hello,
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issues remain, shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options

Ugh I really hate ea

It's not EA. They are building a game lol. It's our choice to add mods and cc and our responsibility to maintain and look after it.

Its not just that. Its the culling as well.

S91Echo.gif?1
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Ugh I really hate ea

Join the club :)

I had to install a mod just so the game could be playable

Same

S91Echo.gif?1