The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Sims 4 work?

340000453340000453 Posts: 73 Member
edited January 2016 in PC - Technical Discussions
My parents were gonna get me sims4 for Christmas but my dad said he doesn't think it could run in our computer. We have a E machines computer and I wanted to know if you guys really knew if it could work, I mean Sims 3 worked on there, so shouldn't Sims 4 work too since they didn't make the graphics as realistic as they were in the Sims3???

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    340000453 wrote: »
    My parents were gonna get me sims4 for Christmas but my dad said he doesn't think it could run in our computer. We have a E machines computer and I wanted to know if you guys really knew if it could work, I mean Sims 3 worked on there, so shouldn't Sims 4 work too since they didn't make the graphics as realistic as they were in the Sims3???

Sims 4 will work on most computers that Sims 3 does, but that's more true for PCs than for laptops. We can check with more info from you, though! Look up your your DxDiag info, export it to a text file, and copy and paste it all here. It will take multiple posts, but that's okay. Here's how: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13329932/#Comment_13329932
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,727 Member
    Non-realistic graphics doesn't equal to less load.

Like what luthienrising said, I think it's better if you post the dxdiag of the computer. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2016

They have not made emachines since 2013. How old is your computer? The sims 3 is an older game. Would need to see your DxDiag
  • Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    edited January 2016

They have not made emachines since 2013. How old is your computer? The sims 3 is an older game. Would need to see your DxDiag

My dad always bought eMachines for himself since they were so cheap - just the fact that it's an eMachines gives it a 98% percent chance that it won't work very well unless it's been upgraded by the user.
    Post edited by Nearia35 on
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    Nearia35 wrote: »

My dad always bought eMachines for himself since they were so cheap - just the fact that it's an eMachines gives it a 98% percent change that it won't work very well unless it's been upgraded by the user.

My mother had an emachine lasted a long time but yes they are cheap. If op has an older one might be more of a problem. I have no idea if a newer one 2012-2013 would be able to at least run the base game only. I have not seen anyone post with an emachine in tech
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    I answered the OP on their profile wall and a thread here based on the DxDiag report they posted.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    blunote00 wrote: »
    I answered the OP on their profile wall and a thread here based on the DxDiag report they posted.

Thanks I knew that user looked familiar ;)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    I bought a emachine for $300 in 2009. You get what you get for a cheap PC. Not made for gaming at all.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    :'( This really makes me want to cry. I was really looking forward to Sims 4 , and I even asked my dad if I could get a computer case for Christmas so I can make my own computer for gameing. Then he said that "I don't need a video game in every room in the house" :'( :'( :'(
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    :'( This really makes me want to cry. I was really looking forward to Sims 4 , and I even asked my dad if I could get a computer case for Christmas so I can make my own computer for gameing. Then he said that "I don't need a video game in every room in the house" :'(:'(:'(

sorry you could do this try the free trial and make sure your dad sees how your computer handles the game ..you never know it may be enough to get him to invest in something stronger, good luck

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/854713/sims-4-48-hour-free-trial-on-game-time/p1
  • Options
    :'( This really makes me want to cry. I was really looking forward to Sims 4 , and I even asked my dad if I could get a computer case for Christmas so I can make my own computer for gameing. Then he said that "I don't need a video game in every room in the house" :'(:'(:'(
    @340000453 , @luthienrising , @phoebebebe13

I'm really sorry. I just know this Nvidia card well [ Nvidia chick here ;) ]. As soon as I saw GeForce 6150 SE I knew it wouldn't work. That card is a decade old (pre Sims 3 - 2006) as well as integrated. See the rating is a "1" on Game Debate here.

I just really remember that particular card was one of the first to bit the bullet as more SPs/EPs were added for Sims 3. Especially when Sims 3 Pets was released simmers that could play the base game could no longer play.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    @340000453 , @luthienrising , @phoebebebe13

I'm really sorry. I just know this Nvidia card well [ Nvidia chick here ;) ]. As soon as I saw GeForce 6150 SE I knew it wouldn't work. That card is a decade old (pre Sims 3 - 2006) as well as integrated. See the rating is a "1" on Game Debate here.

I just really remember that particular card was one of the first to bit the bullet as more SPs/EPs were added for Sims 3. Especially when Sims 3 Pets was released simmers that could play the base game could no longer play.

wow and Im surprised a 2006 computer is still running.
  • Options
    [quote="ceejay402;14450964"][quote="340000453;14450931"] :'( This really makes me want to cry. I was really looking forward to Sims 4 , and I even asked my dad if I could get a computer case for Christmas so I can make my own computer for gameing. Then he said that "I don't need a video game in every room in the house" :'( :'( :'( [/quote]

sorry you could do this try the free trial and make sure your dad sees how your computer handles the game ..you never know it may be enough to get him to invest in something stronger, good luck

[/quote]

......... He doesn't care about Sims, The only thing he'll pay attention to are my console games. He wouldn't even get sims3 for me, my grandma got it.
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »

......... He doesn't care about Sims, The only thing he'll pay attention to are my console games. He wouldn't even get sims3 for me, my grandma got it.

From what Blunote00 is stating your computer is from 2006. It wont run the sims 3 either . If you have a playstation3 they have a sims 3 version for that
  • Options
    @blunote00
    So not even the base game by itself can do?
  • Options
    @blunote00

At this point the graphic card will not work for Sim 3 or Sims 4. Way too old and integrated.
  • Options
    [quote="blunote00;14451065"][quote="340000453;14451048"]
    @blunote00
    So not even the base game by itself can do? [/quote]

At this point the graphic card will not work for Sim 3 or Sims 4. Way too old and integrated.[/quote]

What do you mean? Sims3 works good on my computer.
  • Options
    @blunote00

At this point the graphic card will not work for Sim 3 or Sims 4. Way too old and integrated.

Sims 3 just the base game? I still would not advise with that card.
    TBH, I really don't know how the graphics is still even working.

• Options
    [quote="blunote00;14451080"][quote="340000453;14451069"][quote="blunote00;14451065"][quote="340000453;14451048"]
    @blunote00
    So not even the base game by itself can do? [/quote]

At this point the graphic card will not work for Sim 3 or Sims 4. Way too old and integrated.[/quote]

What do you mean? Sims3 works good on my computer.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, and I had supernatural too. If I delete Sims 3 and Sims3 supernatural do you think it will work?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    @340000453

if you have sims 3 playing on your current computer do you have it fully patched? if so sims 4 base should be able to play then and since you already have the disc right? just pop it in and try it. the worse thing is it wont play but it probably will if again you can play sims 3 right now on the same computer. and no you dont need to remove sims 3 to play sims 4 just dont try to play both at the same time :)

and if you dont have sims 4 just try the free trial i linked already for you.

this is all just speculation since we cant actuallt test your computer.yes your system is older and yes its under equipped for gaming but there are many playing sims in such situations. the thing to keep in mind is that one day and its probably not that far off if again you can still play sims 3 your computer will stop being able to game in general without crashing or freezing or even stop launching games, its happens with weaker computers. well in all honestly use a computer long enough even the best will stop being able to handle demanding programs, good luck
  • Options
    @blunote00

Yes, and I had supernatural too. If I delete Sims 3 and Sims3 supernatural do you think it will work?

I'm really surprised. By the way, the drivers for your card haven't been updated since Driver Date/Size: 2/19/2013 22:32:36, 18376008 bytes. I pulled that from your report as well. I'm not going to check but I assumed Nvidia doesn't provide updates for it anymore since it's a decade old.

Below are the minimum requirement for Sims 4. IMHO, those were out of date when they (EA) posted them and I never recommend them. I will state the Recommended System Requirement as the specs as those are what I see as the minimum system requirements for the Sims 4 series.

33w9stj.jpg
    What are the PC minimum system requirements for The Sims 4?
    REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
    Life Cycle for Win XP ended 04/08/2014. Life Cycle for Win Vista ends 04/11/2017 (next year)

PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only

VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
    Your card is a GeForce 6150 SE NForce 430 which is older than the card listed above.

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse