Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Your Favorite Game?

Mostly out of curiosity (and wanting to know more about fellow Simmers), I'd like to know which Sim game was/is your favorite so far :)

For me, Sims 2 was my top favorite.

Sims 3 was fun too. I enjoyed the beautiful open worlds and all of the EPs and UI, but sadly I got... Bored. Still, when I see other players pictures and gameplay, I can easily understand why they find it their favorite one. :D

When Sims 4 came along I was sold. I loved everything about it, but I'm still not sure if that will replace Sims 2 for me hehehe

(I've never got my hands on Sims 1 for a long time, but for the 3 hours I've played it in the past I think it'd be a great classic that scores highly too for me)

Sooo, what's your favorite game of the franchise, and what's your favorite EP (or stuff pack or game pack) from it?

I can't wait to hear your favorites :D

(And I'm not sure if someone has done this type of topic recently but I'm sorry if it has been done and this is repetitive)

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sims 4 is my favorite. GT is my favorite pack because it's added so much to the foundation.
  • Options
    simtorioussimtorious Posts: 66 Member
    @fullspiral

I agree that GT added a lot to the game. It's kind of what made me question my loyalty to Sims 2 lol
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    The Sims will always hold a special place in my heart. It was the first in the series, the first I played, but the love I have is for Sims 2. That game, despite its limitations, was fully fleshed out, and the sims are the best. Close behind it is Sims 3, can't beat the open world, and the creative freedom that you have. All I want is the fully fleshed out sims and their behaviors, quirks, memories, etc. from Sims 2, combined with the open world, CASt and CAWt from Sims 3 along with key features, and the multitasking from Sims 4, made into Sims 5, and I would be set!

But for now I have to settle for Sims 3, because it contains the freedom that I want and the open world splendor.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Sims 3, no question about it.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Sims 4 is my favorite. GT is my favorite pack because it's added so much to the foundation.

What she said :)
    But I also really like GTW because Aliens and Science Stuff.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    TS2 > TS3(no lag) > TS4=TS1 >TS3 (with lag)
  • Options
    GT was nice with the new active careers and illnesses :)
  • Options
    TheDinorhinoTheDinorhino Posts: 618 Member
    The Sims 3 lags much more than Sims 4 for me so obviously Sims 4 is going to be better :) Sims 4 is a lot of fun and I love the simplicity of it.
    Hello, good evening and welcome! My name is TheDinorhino but you can call me Dino for short. I love playing The Sims, especially designing and building within the game. Check out my YouTube channel if you want:https://youtube.com/channel/UCh16nY5NDnDUqzwTl0LC9Fg
    Origin ID: TheDinorhino
  • Options
    Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    edited December 2015
    The Sims 2 BY FAR!
    I mean I was so shocked about being able to play through all stages of my sims: Baby, Toddler, Kid, Teenager, Adult and Elder! And all of them felt VERY different! I remember I bought the guide which had all the details of each stages and I was amazed at all the little details that made each of them unique.
    Also... who doesn't miss the cut scenes that happened for the first time they had woohoo or their first kiss? That to me was a classic.

Regardless, it's biggest downfall was the lack of story progression... having your grandfather and father, and son go through high school with same friends.. really broke the immersion for me.

In conclusion it was a stepping stone that seemed like a huge step towards the right direction for the series and the graphics were really nice for it's time! The Sims 3, seemed naturally like the next step to take but open world really led to way too many bugs and lag which made the game a bit unpleasant to play imo.

I was expecting The Sims 4 improve on life stages but it only took HUGE steps back for no reason, it looks amazing, feel smooth but we need toddlers back and better babies! I was completely dissapointed to find out that YA, Adults, Teens AND ELDERS are the same model just with different texture twists.... seemed very lazy and last minute compared to TS2.
  • Options
    @Soulcloud6

Everything you said was mostly my views on everything on the games! Hopefully the problems with ts4 smoothens out. It's still a fairly new game, so it still has room (and time) for improvement!
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Sims 4 no doubt. Of course there is stuff missing, but I'm sure the team will keep adding things as we go
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Sims 2 is my fave. Have gotten loads of enjoyment out of 4 as well. For me Sims 3 is mostly just one long nightmare between two pleasant dreams.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    lol nothing beats Sims 6. The new futuristic features of that game was satisfying. I wish I had another time machine so I can get another copy XD
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    If we're talking about just the base games, it would be TS2 hands-down. What characters they were! Beyond their appearances, each sim was unique in their interests, memories, and personalities. Two sims with the same personality point distribution would still be unique individuals cuz they had different interests, life experiences, and groups of friends. They thought about those other sims when they were absent. They worried about them - and they needed us. They may have owned everything they needed to keep themselves healthy, but - guaranteed - if you left the game running on free will while you slept, you'd return to find tombstones. (A long-ago challenge called "Up All Night" proved that.) When needs failed, they'd look up at the camera and beg for intercession or just yell at us if that was more their style. That connection has been missing ever since.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    My favorite of every Sims game has got to be World Adventures for TS3. Completely adored the new countries, new skills, and trying to get all the artifacts from exploring the tombs.

After that was probably Making Magic for TS1, and then TSM and the expansion.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    BanSimleyBanSimley Posts: 588 Member
    Sims 3 is my favorite of all. The open world was just perfect for me in terms of immersion. I love how everything could be customized. I loved being able to explore the open world with my Sim. I loved all of the activities, and deciding whether I wanted to play "quest" style via World Adventures, or just play a legacy style with generations of families, all while the open world lived and existed beyond my Sims' front door.

Sims 2 was fun, and such an improvement from Sims 1 that I remember finding it so charming and innovative. Plus I felt super connected to my Sims 2 Sims, in a way I have never really felt again, not even with the Sims 3. Sims 2 with an open world...that would be my dream game, lol.

Sims 4 is growing on me, and I kinda wish that they would have created Sims 4 BEFORE the Sims 3, if that makes sense. Because it is pretty, the Sims are pretty, and the graphics are great. But it feels like a step back after the Sims 3 and the open world.

Sims 1? I can't even remember, I love it due to nostalgia and intro to this awesome game. I remember playing it for hours when it first came out.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Despite the fact that it often lags, Sims 3 is still my all time favorite Sims game! I just can't give it up! :smile: There's way too much freedom and creativity for me to refuse. I just love being able to design all my clothes, objects, etc using CAST (create a style). Also, the open world is really awesome as well! If the game didn't lag, it would honestly be perfect!

The Sims 2 is definitely a close second though. That game has too much nostalgia for me to forget it! :smiley: I remember always being so excited for a new expansion or stuff pack to be released! I played it all the time when I was a kid! Also, it was really advanced for a Sims game at its time.

The Sims 4 is my third favorite. It's a good game, but it lacks A LOT of things I really miss from previous games! :( Transitioning from Sims 3 (with open world and create a style) to Sims 4 (which has neither of those features) was kinda hard at first. I got used to it though. But, I'm still missing things like toddlers. But, the game definitely has the best Create A Sim mode by far! I just love how we're basically able to mold them like clay to however we wish.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    sarah012378sarah012378 Posts: 73 Member
    Sims 3 is my favorite overall. I'm working on getting use to Sims 4, just not there yet for me.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Sims 2! I risked life and limb for that game. Or at least my mom yelling at me and grounding me because I would stay up extra late on school nights playing. I had no cares and I still stay up till 4 am sometimes becoming lost in it - I'm a little more responsible now x]
  • Options
    Pandia101Pandia101 Posts: 175 Member
    Sims 2 was/is my favorite.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    The Sims 3.
    I love CASt so much and playing in the open world. It has issues, but I love it all the same.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    The Sims 3 is my all time favorite. I would play that game all day on more days than not.

Sims 4 would be a close second. I'm sure, as long as they keep heading in the right direction, that by the time Sims 4 gets more content under it's belt it will likely be tied with Sims 3, but I don't know if it'll ever be able to take the top place.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The Sims 3 with Late Night. I played it more than any other world on my old PC, and last night I was able to play with with high settings and no lag for the first time ever. It was almost like getting a brand new game, even though the CDs were gathering dust in my closet for close to two years.

The Sims 4 with Get Together runs a very close second. The game is stepping in the right direction, and if the devs are given enough time to make Seasons, Pets, etc., I think they could be incredible.

For now, my heart lies in a penthouse in Bridgeport. <3
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    I've only played 4 but I LOVE it. I cant get enough of it. I really want to try TS2 though, does anybody know of anyway to get the ultimate collection still? Its not on origin, I haven't really done a bunch of hunting but I would like to try it.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100