Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imagine if You never heard of The Sims until TODAY

Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
edited December 2015 in Off Topic Chat
Let's say that You never heard of it & it doesn't have to make sense , & You finally discover it today , how would You feel ? & What would You do ?

for me I would freak the freak out & watch every trailer & learn everything about the game , download it & go into a 3 years NO SLEEP streak .
I would turn off my phone , say good bye to social life , say goodbye to my education & keep playing the game until I die .

What would You do ?
Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm not sure. The biggest reason why I didn't touch the first two games when they were new is because I was too busy sim racing. I only tried out The Sims 2 on a whim during a time when I was burned out from too much online racing. At this very moment, I've been spending a lot more time burning up the track than simming to be honest. I easily could be one of those casual gamers that might look at it and move on. Or if it were on sale.... who knows?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Considering the original price of this game, I probably would not have bothered. In fact, the only reason I have the base game is because my husband bought it for me. And just today I got my first expansion pack (Merry Christmas everyone!) from my brother and sister in law. It's really hard to say, though, since I can't imagine the last 10 years without the Sims.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Tbh I knew more or less what the sims was about growing up and I didn't care. I actually thought it was weird that people wanted to play a life simulator and thought it wasn't "real gaming". Was too busy playing fighting games and getting into FPS when counter strike/Half-life 1 was new.

Then years later I seen someone playing sims for the first time, figured I'd just see what the fuss is about (I'm an adult by this point, so I'm not thinking sims is "not a real game". Obviously matured lol) Ended up looking interesting enough, decided to try it. Had fun, finally understood the fuss, enjoyed and still enjoy.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Well, this happened to me, back in december 2009. What I did is underneath my signature;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    I only bought Sims 4(pre-order) because i love Sims 3, so i would probably have never bothered to buy Sims 4 if i now just stumbled across it on a store or Origin.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Well, this happened to me, back in december 2009. What I did is underneath my signature;)

Wow , a creative story teller .
    I only looked at the pictures and they're stunning

This is my favorite one
    2244356_orig.png
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'd probably buy it simply because it's not a shoot-em-up game. And since (theoretically) I hadn't experienced the earlier iterations, I'd probably enjoy it, until I got bored with it.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'd probably buy the Sims 2. I mean alien on the cover and the concept of alien babies and toddler is what drew me to that sequel in the first place. Then I'd probably try out the Sims 1.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

This is my favorite one
    2244356_orig.png
    Wow, thank you, I didn't even expect that, I meant it metaphorical :o:smiley: (since it's all in a foreign language, but pics speak a universal language of course)
    Really appreciate you took the effort to check them out ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited December 2015
    Do you mean just now finding out about the whole series, or just finding out about Sims 4? Either way, I would head over to YouTube (it's my main place I go now, to see if I will like a game.) And watching simmers play each version of the game, I would end up getting Sims 2 and Sims 3. Now mind you, I have been playing this series since the start with the original Sims. But if I had just found out about the game now, and looking at it's graphics, I wouldn't play it. And as for Sims 4, it's too much like a linear, goal driven game, and the art style is like a mobile or FB game.

But since I have been a huge fan since the first game, I play them all. :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I would be like, "why would anybody want to play a game of life? Doesn't reality suck enough?"

That's why when i played Sims 1 i rarely did anything besides making sims. I onlu played the sims 2 because i watched my sister and it looked like fun.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Probably the same as I am doing for The Witcher.

I heard of it, but never took much interest until the hype for the Witcher 3.
    Along comes Steam and now I find myself interested, especially since W3 is on sale, W1 costs 1.99, and W2 costs 2.99.

If I am going to get into this, I will start from the beginning.
    I think I would start from the beginning with The Sims as well.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Along comes Steam and now I find myself interested, especially since W3 is on sale, W1 costs 1.99, and W2 costs 2.99.

I tried the Witcher 1 and couldn't take the fighting system. :( But I've heard the third game is MUCH better for their fight system so I'm considering getting it.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »

I tried the Witcher 1 and couldn't take the fighting system. :( But I've heard the third game is MUCH better for their fight system so I'm considering getting it.
    This I got the witcher 2 for like 4$? on a steam sale...
    But I don't know if its the pc controllers but couldn't get past the tutorial lol
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Soulcloud6 wrote: »

This I got the witcher 2 for like 4$? on a steam sale...
    But I don't know if its the pc controllers but couldn't get past the tutorial lol

Part of my issue is that I didn't play any rpgs at the time. But part of it was how incredibly awkward their system was (according to my friends who play a lot of rpgs).

On the other hand, the original Assassin's Creed had the most horrifying keyboard controls and I managed to get through it. :p

And so as not to hijack the thread, I'm honestly not sure how I'd be if I just found out about the Sims today. I'd probably be pretty excited by the idea of being able to essentially create characters and stories and then play them out on screen.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options

This is my favorite one
    2244356_orig.png
    Wow, thank you, I didn't even expect that, I meant it metaphorical :o:smiley: (since it's all in a foreign language, but pics speak a universal language of course)
    Really appreciate you took the effort to check them out ;)

Of-course .
    You're very welcome , the pictures are really beautiful .
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    Do you mean just now finding out about the whole series, or just finding out about Sims 4? Either way, I would head over to YouTube (it's my main place I go now, to see if I will like a game.) And watching simmers play each version of the game, I would end up getting Sims 2 and Sims 3. Now mind you, I have been playing this series since the start with the original Sims. But if I had just found out about the game now, and looking at it's graphics, I wouldn't play it. And as for Sims 4, it's too much like a linear, goal driven game, and the art style is like a mobile or FB game.

But since I have been a huge fan since the first game, I play them all. :D

I meant the whole series .
    good idea , Youtube helps alot when it comes to purchasing a game .

I agree with You about the sims 4 but I have hope that it will be the best sims game ever , we just have to wait for patches & packs to come out .
    when it comes to the graphics I was really disappointed "I love the scenes in the game & the atmosphere of the places" but not a fan of the clumpy hair or cartoonish look
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    Wow , I'm really surprised with most of Your comments .
    for me I love creating characters & being able to make friends , date whoever I want , etc ....
    I love life simulation games .
    I was able to achieve so many things in The sims that I was never able to achieve in real life , that's why I loved it so much .
    being famous & casting spells was just so good for me since "The Sims 1" .

Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited December 2015
    I grew up on the Sims. If I didn't hear about it until today, I would freak out thinking it's the game made for me, and I would search what was the best one for me to start on. By seeing the trailers, and considering the complete games being better than a current one with less content, I'd probably try the Sims 2 first, be completely amazed and play it non stop for a really long time.

I'm kind of a lame gamer. I am put off by difficulty and constantly give up on games where I die too much and can't continue, and I always loved RPGs because I love character creation and playing the characters life adventures, so the possibility of creating any character and building a home, finding love, marrying and having kids, it would freak me out.

Thanks for reminding me of why I love the Sims! Now I'm super excited to binge on The Sims 2! Merry Christmas to you and everyone!
  • Options
    ZemnodZemnod Posts: 99 Member
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    If I hadn't heard of the sims, I probably would have gotten a lot more sleep.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    I grew up on the Sims. If I didn't hear about it until today, I would freak out thinking it's the game made for me, and I would search what was the best one for me to start on. By seeing the trailers, and considering the complete games being better than a current one with less content, I'd probably try the Sims 2 first, be completely amazed and play it non stop for a really long time.

I'm kind of a lame gamer. I am put off by difficulty and constantly give up on games where I die too much and can't continue, and I always loved RPGs because I love character creation and playing the characters life adventures, so the possibility of creating any character and building a home, finding love, marrying and having kids, it would freak me out.

Thanks for reminding me of why I love the Sims! Now I'm super excited to binge on The Sims 2! Merry Christmas to you and everyone!

This is so sweet & relatable .
    Thanks alot & Merry Christmas to You ♥
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    If I hadn't heard of the sims, I probably would have gotten a lot more sleep.

HAHAHA
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options
    11184931118493 Posts: 20 Member
    I got it because of Let's Players, so if I didn't get the Sims it would most likely be if I never watched LP'ers.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

I played it Today.
    The controls are counter intuitive.
    I was doing the opposite of what the game wanted me to do. I was: attack, attack, attack, when the game wanted me to: attack, wait, wait, wait, attack...repeat.

I read some tutorials on it and it's already better to deal with.
    I am playing more for learning the story and lore in the Witcher 1, so I can better enjoy 2 and 3.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds