Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New to Sims 4

loopyloosimsgamerloopyloosimsgamer Posts: 6 New Member
Hi my lovelies, I'm new to Sims 4 but have played Sims 3 and Sims 2 since I can remember! So, is there any LEGAL tips and tricks to playing the game? It can be custom content, mods, cheats...Anything to help a new player work out the game easier.
Thank you,
LoopyLoo
Post edited by SimStaffKelly on

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    If you're going to be playing a household of Sims who are either roommates or potential partners, but not family, you can begin with an extra $20k per Sim by first making one Sim, putting them on a plot of land, making another Sim, and then moving them in with the first. :) The game will consider them to be roommates, though if you want them in a relationship you just have to build it up naturally and go from there.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    This game can be really complicated if you know nothing about it. I would recommend to watch some Lets Play´s on Youtube.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    The controls are different, so it's best just to take your time and see how it all works. There's an option for changing the controls in the game play panel to sims 3 style controls if you think that might make it easier to adjust. Myself, I prefer the sims 4 camera mode, but I did switch to 3 initially, just to get used to the game.

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    @fullspiral I did the same thing and then ended up with the sims 4 camera mode because I prefer it. Took me a little bit to get used to it though.

OP, one thing I think you'll appreciate if you played previous games is the ease to adding mods and cc in TS4. I never used CC or mods in TS3 because of how complicated it was. In TS4, it's as easy as adding it to the mods folder and you're done. Makes it super easy to add, remove, test, update, etc.

But, the UI is quite a bit different from previous games so it's definitely a good idea to poke and push buttons, etc., so you can get used to the game. I think I ended up setting up 3 or 4 test games/sims to just see how things handled before doing my actual families/saves.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    Its the easiest game compared to the others.. dont worry about it. A lot of stuff is missing, so be prepared for that so it wont break your story you had in mind.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Actually, @SimsFur I found sims 3 to be the easiest.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Actually, @SimsFur I found sims 3 to be the easiest.

Its actually depending on a lot of factors. For me its the sims 4 for so many reasons. The sims 3 had at least tons of options and more features to pay attention too that actually had a meaning if you did them different. In ts4 it seems no any action doesnt really change much.
    But it depends how you play, whats important to you and how you use all the features the game has to offer.
    ts4 is so much more less in its features, that i cant confuse.

Maybe cause you liked ts3 more and you could accept its diffulty level more, cause it was worth it? :p
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
  • Options
    loopyloosimsgamerloopyloosimsgamer Posts: 6 New Member
    Thank you all! I played for 4 hours today and I seem to be doing quite well, it's coming naturally to me...I downloaded so many CC and Worlds in TS3 that my computer kept freezing up all the time. I got a new one and decided to buy TS4 to go with it! I've read all of your comments, read a bit of Carl's guide, watched a few Let's Plays in the past and also gone off my own instinct on how buttons work...I'm getting on well! Think I'll download some CC for it too to customize a bit more. Thank you for all your help :)
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi my lovelies, I'm new to Sims 4 but have played Sims 3 and Sims 2 since I can remember! So, is there any LEGAL tips and tricks to playing the game? It can be custom content, mods, cheats...Anything to help a new player work out the game easier.
    Thank you,
    LoopyLoo

Hey @loopyloosimsgamer How are you? Welcome to sims 4. It plays very well on my computer, so I am thrilled. I am not installing more than I am playing anymore. I play the game more as I feel I can play it casually, and not have to worry about playing on and on.

You enjoy the game. Glad you are here.
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy it. I want to strongly recommend The game pack, Spa Day. And since Get to work is on sale, I would get both for $35 on Origin. Either that, or just get Get together, There really is no harm in any of the packs.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited December 2015
    Use autosolve needs for your sims! I use it all the time and I should feel bad as a simmer.

What you do it just click on the round icon beside each need (bladder, hunger, etc) and your sims will automatically find a toilet to use or grab something from the fridge or cook something random. It really helps a lot if you have a big family or if you're lazy like me. :D

I remember the other time I was trying out TS3 for the first time after playing TS4 for so long and I was pulling my hair out cuz I couldn't auto-solve in TS3 and had to queue every single task. The horror. LOL.

Also, sims in TS4 can multi task. They can run on the treadmill and watch TV at the same time if the treadmill is close enough, they can chat with their friend while painting, etc. It's really fun.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GlimmeringsGlimmerings Posts: 143 Member
    If you're looking for some safe mods like skin, hair, and clothing, modthesims has some great stuff.
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Well I was new as well but got used to it. Using the mac version is so much more confusing as the instructions given on websites are mostly aimed for PC. But I did feel that the cheats are more useful and easier to use. The build/buy section thingy and CAS are kind of easy to use. I don't use CC for the fear of my laptop would be overloaded so i can't help with that :wink:

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀