Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your CC weakness?

Comments

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited December 2015
    OMG, I came on this thread to browse what players like best and went away with even more great links to feed my CC addiction-)

it started with skin, body sliders/ hair, make up, freckles, scars, eye bags and face shine, eyes, etc.

Then I moved on to clothes/shoes/boots/ jewelry/accessories/tattoos/for all ages.

Then I decided my vampires needed to be more real so added a mod where feeds are never refused, they can hypnotize other sims and take control of them and teleport anywhere at will.

I also wanted somewhere my vampires could go so I arranged the bottom floor of the plasma night club (where the vamp beds are) to have dancers behind bars with bite marks on their necks and blood spatter on floors/walls with covered corpses lying around here and there. I added some bottles, beer cans and other clutter for effect as well. Every so often an unsuspecting sim will wander in to get bitten hypnotized etc lol

Moving on with more gory clutter there are a few crime scenes set up in Bridgeport as well.

Then I went through my non essential mod stage such as dancing and singing animations with a microphone, karate scenes and I think even have ballet animations downloaded somewhere but not used as yet. Also guns lying about that can be used to kill. All my sims can get drunk with another mod and most smoke as well.

I am a terrible builder so I download certain lots for certain worlds/families and am currently in love with a kind of European style subway coffee Newsagent sandwich stand which looks adorable but there is so much CC with it that I worry it might be the last straw that might break my game as it groans under the weight of it all-)

Then it was pictures and wall stencils etc

Then I decided I wanted a lighting mod and suddenly even Bridgeport looks appealing-)

Just lately I have moved onto clutter and there is tons of wonderful stuff out there so when I come across it even if I don't want to use it there and then I save it in back up folder with a description so I can find it easily later when I do decide I want it-)

And now there are teeth :* I had not thought of that until I just saw the link now so will defo be downloading those-)

Also just to give myself even more work I recently downloaded Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and want my Sims to look as fantastic as I,ve seen them look in some you tube videos so this last couple of days I have been hunting all things CC for this game as well....

I am beginning to think I am a bit insane or at the very least OCD :)

• Options
    Mystic-myrtle234Mystic-myrtle234 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited December 2015
    I have an absolute obsession with cc clutter and hair... Just yes...
  • Options
    AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    I am addicted to downloading hair and toddler/children clothes. I honestly go in for one thing and I come out with tons and tons of outfits that I don't need and five new hairstyles that I'll end up not liking a week later.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    AJbackst wrote: »
    I am addicted to downloading hair and toddler/children clothes. I honestly go in for one thing and I come out with tons and tons of outfits that I don't need and five new hairstyles that I'll end up not liking a week later.

Yes finding what you have decided you don't like to remove it after downloading it is a terrible chore lol
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    AJbackst wrote: »

Yes finding what you have decided you don't like to remove it after downloading it is a terrible chore lol

Not so much if you install everything as .package files into a "test" folder AND include a picture with the exact same name as the files. ;) This is how I've kept track of exactly what is in my game and what the file names are since the original game.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Clothes, clutter and hair. Especially the hair.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited December 2015
    Glad to see that I'm not the only clutterbug out there. :blush:

I have downloaded so many new things thanks to this thread! Including the entire Alpine set from ATS3. I also really have a thing for new hair and make-up. Make-up especially because it can make such a difference. I seriously have to stop myself sometimes otherwise I'd have 50 different types of lipstick. :grimace:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I recently stumbled into the custom makeup, now. *cue dramatic music* It might become...a problem :D
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hair, makeup, and accessories. I like toilet CC for some reason too which is probably odd.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Hair, Mods (Overrides and Packages), Skin and makeup.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    TheSikiSassTheSikiSass Posts: 273 Member
    I have almost no CC for furnishing. All of it is just for my sims hair, clothes, skin, makeup... if it's in CAS, I have some type of custom content for it. I mainly download it for my girl sims- my male sims I usually can't find good CC for- but I just went on a little trip and downloaded a bunch for them and I'm excited to play with them.
    gay is ok kids
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    StephSteb wrote: »
    I recently stumbled into the custom makeup, now. *cue dramatic music* It might become...a problem :D

Buuuuut, thankfully the makeup files don't take up much space! :smiley: Collect them with a smile, but put on a nice lipstick first! Choose the... Oh, not that one. Maybe this... Nah, pick a random one. :D
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I decided my weakness definitely is maternity enabled clothing.
  • Options
    AstralSims777AstralSims777 Posts: 86 Member
    Everything for character creation :D
    ✦✿ My Youtube Channel ✿✦
  • Options
    BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    Skins, contacts and makeup. Things you NEED to make your Sims look halfway decent ahahaa.
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • Options
    Bleubell wrote: »
    Skins, contacts and makeup. Things you NEED to make your Sims look halfway decent ahahaa.

Hm. I think my Sims look "halfway" decent without any of that stuff. ;)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got tons of CC in build mode,buy mode and in CAS.I've got to try to find out how much I've got in CC files.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    AmberlousmithAmberlousmith Posts: 42 Member
    I honestly would find it difficult to play without CC! It makes my sims SO much more realistic, which adds a lot to the game. My favourite content is definitely hair, there's such a contrast between CC hair and the original hair. I like the different colours too, I feel like it gives my sims more personality. The 'Nightcrawler' hairstyles on the sims resource site are my absolute favourites!
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Other than Mods to enhance game play, my only CC at the moment is 3 pair of earrings. I just use the slider to make the lipstick different shades. If I ever raise another teen girl, I will probably look for some new clothes/nail polish.

When I determine if my computer can handle Nraas SP and its components along with Seasons and Pets, (so far so good), I will more than likely go back to my CC loving ways...

@BSIRegina, I used to use the pictures along with the files too; back in the day. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    I'm obsessed with clutter !! Once I discovered ATS i almost crashed my computer with how much stuff i downloaded !! That pantry idea is amazing !! Will def have to add that to my game !
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'm addicted to hair and clothes. I didn't use to sort my cc in the beginning and had lots of problems with poorly made cc lagging my game. Just certain items I'd use or select (that were small) causing lag.

I'm a lot more organized now, but have been weary of cc furniture. I just need to find some trusted creators.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I think hair is the most important CC you can download, because hairstyles are so personality defining. I'm picky when I look for hair, though. Some look good in the pictures, but horrible in the game. Some long hairs defy gravity and fall like 8 inches from the chest. It looks unnatural.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I'm addicted to hair and clothes. I didn't use to sort my cc in the beginning and had lots of problems with poorly made cc lagging my game. Just certain items I'd use or select (that were small) causing lag.

I'm a lot more organized now, but have been weary of cc furniture. I just need to find some trusted creators.

A lot of people like Sandy's stuff at Around The Sims 3 (she's been making CC since the original game). While it's not a massively large amount there are also some really nice things on Mod The Sims.
  • Options
    android00b7android00b7 Posts: 201 Member
    @GaiaHypothesis Thanks again for that link to the teeth
    freaking adorable

24g7jva.jpg
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited December 2015
    CC in this picture, Can You pick it out- I love it so, The quality it brings to my game, and I love Mods !
    12250175_1720502561503161_8723814369635526365_n.png?oh=c8df2cd8a392d211e8821d86ba724c6a&oe=56D84722
    Ok, Custom Hair on all- oh wait Mom's hair is from Master suite stuff, The sunglasses on Mom & Dad there- Mom's Coat and scarf- I think Dad has one on too, Oh and the height slider (mod)...

12240088_1720502578169826_8449240085362557628_n.png?oh=a833e62cd014102ac61d7a85b03e0d4e&oe=571D09CC
    Ok here we have custom colored clothes, although they are Sims clothes, can't remember what stuff pack they came from, But I changed the sweater and shirt with custom patterns. His hair again is custom and the cigarette he is smoking is a Mod..