Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When your sim dies

Is it just me that get sad when their sims die ? like you get connected with them all happy and then they die :neutral: I think i'm the only one who gets sad :no_mouth:
Xfimx5.gif

Comments

• Options
    LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    I do get sad sometimes, certainly if they where born in game and I watched them grow up, then yeah I get upset. But most of the time I actually get kind of angry I guess, because quite often in my legacy plays through the years, an elderly sim will die during a birthday party.
    One time I had a sim who was like 110 or something and was seriously making me wonder if the game was glitched. It got to the point I was calling her a Highlander! Anyway, I had a party thrown for her grandkids birthday and some of the non-heir family was invited over, all was going well and everyone was having fun, then just as the kids blew out the candles, she just dies. Right in the kitchen, in front of the whole family, drops dead, everyone stops clapping and cheering and it becomes so darn depressing. It's like "Hey, happy birthday!....oh and grandma just died!"
    All I could think with that and some of the others was, you are seriously dying *now*? You couldn't go before the birthday, or after it...you had to go and just do it now?

I guess she was like "It's not a proper party unless somebody dies, so....see ya!" -thud-
  • Options
    sarlynute1sarlynute1 Posts: 97 Member
    > @Lozzomatic said:
    > I do get sad sometimes, certainly if they where born in game and I watched them grow up, then yeah I get upset. But most of the time I actually get kind of angry I guess, because quite often in my legacy plays through the years, an elderly sim will die during a birthday party.
    > One time I had a sim who was like 110 or something and was seriously making me wonder if the game was glitched. It got to the point I was calling her a Highlander! Anyway, I had a party thrown for her grandkids birthday and some of the non-heir family was invited over, all was going well and everyone was having fun, then just as the kids blew out the candles, she just dies. Right in the kitchen, in front of the whole family, drops dead, everyone stops clapping and cheering and it becomes so darn depressing. It's like "Hey, happy birthday!....oh and grandma just died!"
    > All I could think with that and some of the others was, you are seriously dying *now*? You couldn't go before the birthday, or after it...you had to go and just do it now?
    >
    > I guess she was like "It's not a proper party unless somebody dies, so....see ya!" -thud-

wow thats weird
    Xfimx5.gif
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Lozzomatic wrote: »
    I do get sad sometimes, certainly if they where born in game and I watched them grow up, then yeah I get upset. But most of the time I actually get kind of angry I guess, because quite often in my legacy plays through the years, an elderly sim will die during a birthday party.
    One time I had a sim who was like 110 or something and was seriously making me wonder if the game was glitched. It got to the point I was calling her a Highlander! Anyway, I had a party thrown for her grandkids birthday and some of the non-heir family was invited over, all was going well and everyone was having fun, then just as the kids blew out the candles, she just dies. Right in the kitchen, in front of the whole family, drops dead, everyone stops clapping and cheering and it becomes so darn depressing. It's like "Hey, happy birthday!....oh and grandma just died!"
    All I could think with that and some of the others was, you are seriously dying *now*? You couldn't go before the birthday, or after it...you had to go and just do it now?

I guess she was like "It's not a proper party unless somebody dies, so....see ya!" -thud-

Haha. Seriously it's not a proper party until someone dies. I had this happen at a bachelorette party - - - - like seriously?! lol
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Occasionally I do. Wow, that sounds bad as I type that, but it's true. I guess for my very first Sim I was really heartbroken when they died. It all depends on how emotionally attached I become to them.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It depends on the sim.
    Sometimes I'm over it in seconds, and frustrated that the rest of the family mourn for the next few days, and other time it's a case of "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
    As happened when my fave sim caught himself on fire, and died.
    He came back as a flamey ghost who bathed all the time. :/
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    AmberKotoriAmberKotori Posts: 3,440 Member
    Lozzomatic wrote: »

I'm sorry @Lozzomatic but that made me laugh XD

For me it depends on the sim I've had some that I got watery eyed over seeing Grimmy coming to collect them, others I edge them closer to Grimmy's calling. And some times it's just funny.
    456932bd-d82f-41e3-ba07-e3cbab1b5ebc_zpsfu64k4v0.jpg
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited December 2015
    I tend to get bored easily, so I don't follow through with a lot of my families. Usually if I'm attached to a certain sim, when they become an elder, I will turn aging off/make the sim lifespan longer, so I can enjoy them for a bit longer until I'm ready to move on.

Then I regret my decision of switching the aging back to normal after they die, and I miss them.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    I can't seem to stick with a family long enough for someone to die of old age. But my sims do find interesting, and by interesting I mean annoying, ways to die. For example, I had sent my sim to the bistro to eat (she was on a date) and she got one foot in the door when she suddenly died... of starvation!! :s
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I've legit cried over sims dying. Some I just get so attached to and ugh, I just can't let them die.

I remember killing one off once, because he was turning into a really awful sim, like just the worst. Like he was happy when his daughter died, I didn't like her much but I was still sad for her to die a bit because her family was sad but like he was her dad and he was happy. Everybody else was around the body crying but he was just walking away with a big grin on his face. But he'd been one of my favourites for a long time... so I refused to look at the screen while he was dying because I just couldn't watch... and then regretted killing him off. >.< I'm so emotional and I get too attached to these stupid pixel people.
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    It depended on who the Sim was.

If it was a Sim I liked, my reaction would be something like, "OH NO WHY" (even if they died of Old Age). If I didn't like them, I'd either just shrug or even chuckle a bit (depending on how strong my dislike of them was).
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    rednenemon: Yeah, now that you mention that aspect of it I do remember a couple of deaths I was actually happy about. I've not come across that many bad or annoying sims that are bad or annoying enough for me to wish them an early death, but there are two instances of it that your comment reminded me of. (Can't believe I forgot this!)
    The first one was this sim born in game to a townie family and right from the first time my legacy family's first born met him, he was a...I can't actually say the word as this is family friendly, but it sounds like 'Punt'....yeah. He would argue with him, slap him, kick the trash can over...he even flirted with the first born's girlfriend, although she did refuse his advances and slap him! Nice one! So, throughout their life, this guy was just a bane of my, and their (non) existance in the game. Then while the legacy family where having a party (without a grandparent dying!) I get a pop up saying that the guy had just died. I think he was hit by an asteroid or something, but it certainly wasn't old age!
    The other one was a woman who kept trying to flirt with a different legacy heir, and usually I'd keep my eye on her and him if they were in the same room, and each time she'd try to flirt with him, I'd 'X' it out. However, this conniving little cow was determined to keep doing it, and one day while they where at a friend's house I didn't know she was invited over too. So I was focused on getting their kid back home happy, switched back to the parents for a bit and saw this devious witch planting a kiss on him (that 'heat of the moment' one from University) Oh, my GOODNESS! His wife was in a tizzy, he slapped her and generally told her off, but the damage was done. The relationship was a little rocky for a while, but it was this -bleep's- fault. Then she 'accidentally drowned' in their pool...I wonder how that happened? >:)

Wow, long post...but yeah, I'm only happy if it's an annoying/ devious sim. Although there was one time a sim randomly died of old age in the public toilets and pulled a funny face. All I could think was "That's how Elvis died...had several number ones, but it was a number 2 that killed him!"
  • Options
    Jess120903Jess120903 Posts: 1,318 Member
    It depends how attached to them I am. If I made them or they were born into one of my families I get sad but if it's just a random townie I don't care xD
    you are having a spooky mormon hell dream now!