Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dates have DEFINITELY improved

Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
So I took my sim out on a date today and lo and behold him and his date actually acted like they were on a date together. They sat at the bar the whole night flirting with one another (without my help I might add), even when the bar was packed and she had to sit a few seats away from him. They didn't wander off and talk to random people as the game grouped them together automatically as soon as they got to their destination. I'm actually quite impressed.

Comments

• Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Good to hear! Maybe it's time to let my married sims out on a date night without the kids!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    That's so nice to hear, dates are my favourite social events!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I've noticed the same thing. Imagine how dates would be if we get the find love pack though. I'm crossing my fingers it s the next gamepack.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Wonderful to read this! I haven't gone on a date yet, so I am happy to know that social feature has also improved. Thank you!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I'm hoping this extension will help my lovelorn Heir find his mate. But, until Pinstar has a chance to update the Legacy Challenge rules, I'm a bit hesitant to play my Legacy family, just yet. I've been experimenting with other families in my game, instead. Can't wait, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Yeah it was great, the funny thing was everyone he went to kiss her she'd reject him and get the awkward conversation note in their conversation bar. I thought it was hilarious but my sim didn't.
  • Options
    Wolves_WeirdmaggedonWolves_Weirdmaggedon Posts: 18 New Member
    I do really like the new dating features added to Sims 4. They are, indeed massive improvements over the previous games' ones. I particularly like the goals, like the ones you have for parties as well. :)
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    Dude. I'm so psyched about the texting. Like. My sim actually leaves the house now.
  • Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    I didn't see a difference with dates. Seemed the same to me! Maybe it's a subtle difference?
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Yeah. The group system, which is available for the base game as well, was very 'game changing' for me.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    I didn't see a difference with dates. Seemed the same to me! Maybe it's a subtle difference?

Considering my sims' dates used to consist of either making sure I directed their every move or watch them wander off to cook hotdogs while their date got left alone at a random chess table, I'm definitely seeing a huge difference in my game. They actually looked like a real couple. Flirting autonomously, him buying her a drink autonomously, never straying too far from one another autonomously, those little things really add up. I'm actually excited for him to see her again.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited December 2015
    No townies ever came up to butt in on conversations with your loved one? That's what bugged me the most about dates.
  • Options
    tobumon wrote: »
    No townies ever came up to butt it on conversations with your loved one? That's what bugged me the most about dates.
    Oh no they tried to, but the nice thing was even when that happened, he always went back to her, even if they were involved in a group convo. Before my date would wander off and I'd have to drag them back to the bar or wherever they were, but now they actually stick together.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Okay, that sounds loads better already.
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    Yeah, I agree. Definitely more intuitive for sure!
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    The group system in the new patch makes it easier to deal with randoms in any situation you want to extricate your group from them.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I agree with you OP. I'm so happy that the dates.. (and gatherings in general) just seem so much like they're supposed to be now. I can't tell you how many times I sent my sim out on a date with his GF and while there.. she would just talk to other sims and even go in a different room entirely and I would be like "really?" but now (especially with the new GT expansion) the game itself feels like it's a breath of fresh air (:
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Finally! I actually hadn't gotten around to testing dates out after the patch, so I'm glad to hear that it's been improved with the new grouping system. <3
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited December 2015
    Were they able to change destinations? Like go to a different bar or back to one of their homes? If they can do that, then the dates have improved, but if not? Then I'd call it "NO CHANGE"

ETA;
    Or at least not enough of a change for me to call it a change. But I'm glad some of you find it enough.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I've noticed the same thing. Imagine how dates would be if we get the find love pack though. I'm crossing my fingers it s the next gamepack.

Me too, with restaurants please :)
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

SO agree! Dating has been so meh..
  • Options
    Cloud2Cloud2 Posts: 43 Member
    > @GaiaPuma said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > I've noticed the same thing. Imagine how dates would be if we get the find love pack though. I'm crossing my fingers it s the next gamepack.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Me too, with restaurants please :)

With host or hostess and complete waiting staff.
    O4BKvvu.gif
    When your stuck in traffic.
  • Options
    miss_squeebsmiss_squeebs Posts: 60 Member
    tayloremxx wrote: »

Me three! Also, I think some new interactions similar to the ones in the Sims 2 Nightlife would be so sweet. I loved the how they could steal food and throw food at each other. Also, holding hands across the table was always adorable.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    tayloremxx wrote: »

Me three! Also, I think some new interactions similar to the ones in the Sims 2 Nightlife would be so sweet. I loved the how they could steal food and throw food at each other. Also, holding hands across the table was always adorable.

Me 5 :)
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Yes it has, and I have proof...

CV-DZ_mUsAAOYTz.png:large

My sim flirted with Summer Holiday, maybe more than once, during the date. >:)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee