The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods, Dec. '15 update only

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Hey, just wanted to mention that another user is keeping particular mods made by other people up to date.

DrChillGood's Kids Can Die Of Anything[/url] is one of them, and is updated for the latest patch. :) - b][url="http://simstopics.blogspot.com/p/mod-compatibility.html"]Link[/url][/b
    Also, for anybody who wants to know: Darkpool's mod that we can't talk about is there as well. Has some bugs, but they're working on it.

Thanks!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,776 Member
    edited December 2015
    Are Custom traits people working on the traits besided the ADHD trait?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @ClaimingTheFifth The interesting thing is, if you have a recolor of an item, and just added a swatch to the Maxis item, it will use the Maxis item no problem, but the added color won't work in that slot.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @Pegasus143 I would assume it includes hair. One of my Sims had 1 CC Item on, a pair of glasses I recolored, as a stand alone item. She wouldn't change into the outfit I put together in the Club Outfit thing (kind of like the design uniform for Get to Work Retail).

@ChelleJo By resaving, I mean open it up in Sims4Studio, and just hit save. It may do nothing to help, but it can't hurt.

General reminder, remember to get S4S Sugar Beta 2.6.0.8 if you have anything different, they're saying anything earlier isn't going to work now.

Thank you, I did. I keep up with this post and I seen your earlier post about 2.6.0.8

So, thanks for keeping us updated! I'd never think to look for updates this quickly after one another!! :)

Yeah this update/reupdate/rerepupdate thing is just temporary, it usually only happens around big installs. Last time it was anything like this was in March, that was EPIC badness, they changed a pretty important code thing that effectively broke ALL mods and cc for a few days. Quick fix, for EA... still, it was a HUGE mess for a while. This is not THAT bad... but it's approaching the neighborhood with all the NEW errors people are reporting.

My bassinets here won't let me change their color now. Design Tool fail, it USED to work, and it works now on OTHER things just fine. You also can't SELL a bassinet if a baby is attached. Bought the color I wanted and tried that, no go.

And I don't have a breast feed option on the 2 babies my bin gave me. First babies my bin has EVER given me. Guess I'll have to find somebody to make pregnant in game and see how THAT goes.

I took all my mods out before I installed G2G, and I repaired my whole installation before I put any Mods back in. And I have left out a TON.

People who said they didn't expect problems from the new download... really? I see blowing up forums that are pointing in another direction, there.

I hope it gets sorted soon. Not fair we all have to jump through SO MANY hoops, EVERY time EA does something to this game. Seriously.

I'd rather be playing the game, than messing around behind the scenes playing WITH the game, trying to get it to work right. Surely I'm not the only one?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited December 2015
    @luthienrising Just to let you know, this bit of cc/mod breaks the "Don't Wake the Llama" game causing options to play be greyed out with an error message saying there aren't enough chairs to play.

ETA: Oops! Forgot the link to the CC/mod
    http://simista.net/outdoor-tap/
  • Options
    TSPJTSPJ Posts: 27 Member
    Wow. Much update. Mods very broken. (I can't Doge.) Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everybody going through the painstaking process of figuring out what still works and what doesn't. And a huge thanks to luthienrising for keeping it all together. I <3 updates. I hate that they've broken my game. :|
  • Options
    UPDATED:
    Less Tense Buffs for Jealous Sims (bienchen83) - http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/advent2015/5oiunio.htm
    Yoga and Sauna Unlocked for Pregnant Sims (bienchen83) - http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/advent2015/6dckxlm.htm

And there's a new Politics mod update, as of yesterday: http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/134803549542/politics-mod-pack-another-patch-fix
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FWIW, if you use Zerbu's mods, I highly recommend following him on Tumblr to keep up to date with updates.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

I don't know anybody who's tracking what's happening with each of those traits. There are so many of them. I advise just bookmarking the ones you use on Mod the Sims and checking now and then.
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @luthienrising Just to let you know, this bit of cc/mod breaks the "Don't Wake the Llama" game causing options to play be greyed out with an error message saying there aren't enough chairs to play.

That's interesting because one of the things my Sims were doing that I haven't seen anywhere else is going through the motions of washing their hands (complete with suds) when they're outside on the lot somewhere and nowhere near a sink. The whole time a sink is activated and running water inside the house while they're on the other side of the lot. I have this item...and it's going out now. I'll just betting....
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I am also having that issue.... can't play the Llama game. But I don't have that cc/mod.

I wonder if it's another mod... Ugh.. what a pain!! lol

• Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    Thank you for doing this!!! It helps a lot!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    No More Missing Mail stops you from being able to save. I forgot to take a pic of it but I think the error code was either 401 or 601.

Don't care enough to figure which one is causing the problem but I don't have the outdoor tap mod and am also still not able to play that llama game because of the "not enough chairs" error.
  • Options
    No More Missing Mail stops you from being able to save. I forgot to take a pic of it but I think the error code was either 401 or 601.

Don't care enough to figure which one is causing the problem but I don't have the outdoor tap mod and am also still not able to play that llama game because of the "not enough chairs" error.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    This is really difficult to the max. I have 4,356 mods in my Sims 4 game. They run fine in it. But ever since the update I have no flipping idea what mod or mods it might be. I've spent 14 hours and only got through 1,000 mods or so... I don't even want to go on with this.

Over 4k mods? Good Lord. I thought I had a lot with 800. Man, I hope you can get that sorted out as it sound like you're at your wits end. I would be too.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Thank you @luthienrising for this list!

Does anyone know if simisical will be updating the risky woohoo mod? Last time I tried to check out her page I kept getting an error.
  • Options

Does anyone know if simisical will be updating the risky woohoo mod? Last time I tried to check out her page I kept getting an error.

She retired from modding. But I think someone said Deaderpool has this covered in an MC Command Center option.
  • Options
    SimstopicsSimstopics Posts: 107 Member

You get an error from her page before she took it completely offline due to people still messaging her about updating her mods even though she said she was retiring. She just updates them for personal use only now. And as @luthienrising said, pretty sure MC Command Center has that option.
    PS4: InDebtShopaholic, BrokeShopaholic, DaRealShopaholic
    Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
    Steam: BrokeShopaholic
    Origin: Simstopics
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    cpropst11 wrote: »

You get an error from her page before she took it completely offline due to people still messaging her about updating her mods even though she said she was retiring. She just updates them for personal use only now. And as @luthienrising said, pretty sure MC Command Center has that option.
    Yes, MC Command center does have that option in the woohoo module (which must be downloaded from MTS's sister site due to adult content).
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    Candyr277 wrote: »
    This is really difficult to the max. I have 4,356 mods in my Sims 4 game. They run fine in it. But ever since the update I have no flipping idea what mod or mods it might be. I've spent 14 hours and only got through 1,000 mods or so... I don't even want to go on with this.

Over 4k mods? Good Lord. I thought I had a lot with 800. Man, I hope you can get that sorted out as it sound like you're at your wits end. I would be too.

The easiest way to figure out what is causing the problem....

Split your mod folder(s) in half... test each half. Then split whatever half has the issue.. and so forth down until you find it. It is the quickest way to figure out what mod and/or CC is causing problems rather then testing each one at a time.

Half, half, half, half, until you find it. So if you have 4300, right off the bat you can eliminate half of them.

• Options
    xhellocoldworldxhellocoldworld Posts: 264 Member
    edited December 2015
    Just wanted to ask, if anyone has any information on updated mods that are similar to Shimrod's Faster Skills, Simsical's All Beds Equal, and ReubenHood's Multiple BFFs, it'd be greatly appreciated. These are the three I'm really sad I had to remove. I'm especially upset over the Faster Skills mod, because that was such a used and valued mod in my game. So if there's any other mods out there with the same functions as these, let me know. If there isn't, gah, that stinks. Hopefully someone will pick them up soon and keep them updated.

"The softest echo could be enough for me to make it through."
    ♥♥♥
    sims-traits.jpg
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

I don't know anybody who's tracking what's happening with each of those traits. There are so many of them. I advise just bookmarking the ones you use on Mod the Sims and checking now and then.

The only other updated trait I see is something garden-related. And that may just be a description change, I'm not sure, I don't do custom traits here.

But I do hang out at MTS quite a bit, and for those who don't, it can be intimidating... here's some links to help make searching easier:

latest uploaded
    http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=4

latest description update
    http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f=38&showType=2&gameOrig=1&gameEP1=1&gameSP1=1&gameSP2=1&gameSP3=1&gs=4&csort=1

latest file update
    http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f=38&showType=2&gameOrig=1&gameEP1=1&gameSP1=1&gameSP2=1&gameSP3=1&csort=1&gs=4&csort=3
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Just wanted to ask, if anyone has any information on updated mods that are similar to Shimrod's Faster Skills, Simsical's All Beds Equal, and ReubenHood's Multiple BFFs, it'd be greatly appreciated. These are the three I'm really sad I had to remove. I'm especially upset over the Faster Skills mod, because that was such a used and valued mod in my game. So if there's any other mods out there with the same functions as these, let me know. If there isn't, gah, that stinks. Hopefully someone will pick them up soon and keep them updated.

I'm using Fissure's Equal Beds Mod. It does the same thing by the looks of it, and it works in my game.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,776 Member
    edited December 2015
    I think the Turbo or School Venue List mod isn't working since I can't switch to the High school venue item and you can't it doesn't show up..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    @egwarhammer - I'm really sorry that I negatively predicted this...I've had over 5700 files in the Mods file....I pulled all the actual mods and have returned only the 4 or 5 that have been updated. I'm slowly working my way through the entire 5700-item mods file, returning all build items and objects to the game and putting anything that would settle in CAS aside in a separate file on the desktop. I'm also not putting back any dressers (I hope) lol I'm about a third of the way done and so far with only build items and objects, everything seems to have returned to normal. Since previous posters have referred to the problems with the group outfits and the new closet, I suspect beyond the actual mods there's a problem with CAS cc. I do not want to have to do this again. And, I DO blame EA. This game was released before any kind of future planning....they're scrambling as they go; we're left to clean up the flotsam and the jetsam. :s
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top