The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it worth getting?

See title.

I like the game but have trouble getting into it, as in I'll play for a little while but get bored because there's not much to do. Does the expansion help alleviate the lack of things to do? Or do you feel its a superficial fix to that? All opinions welcome.

Comments

• Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    edited December 2015
    It is worth getting in my opinion. I never treated the Sims like the only game in my queue. It is one I come back to now and again which helps to keep it fresh for me. The EP has new things "to do" if you want to do them. So make a club or join one, get some meetings going and explore the new areas and venues. Sims will now call you to go check out parties and lots and such. It is a vast improvement.

Edited because grammar matters.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    MirrrrMirrrr Posts: 53 Member
    For me this comes close to my fave expension ever Appartmentlife.

And it has a lot of chance to kick it of place 1
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,767 Member
    I would say absolutely yes. I experienced the same thing. TS4 is fun for a bit but then.. blah. Sims kind of just live. They watch TV, cook, shower, sleep. Their interaction with each other is minimal (in the base game for example.) The only "fun" thing to do together is multitask.. cooking and talking.. drinking and talking. But in GT they can actually DO something together.

I had one household that I made just for GTW and played it for a little while but then got bored. With GT it was rejuvenated! I had a single father who was a big family man but his teenage daughter (who is now a joy to play with!) is preoccupied with her friends and he's lonely. I made him join a club of work friends and when they come over to drink and play cards they actually interact together!! It's not just inviting people over so they can wander off and you find them at midnight in the master bath taking a soak.

I've had the game for a few days and played for a few hours and I haven't even explored HALF the game. I've just been playing existing families (haven't even gone to Windenberg yet!) but I can't wait to build in the gorgeous town and play the venues!

I would say it's the best expansion of TS4 by a long shot. Even if you are not at all interested in groups, the objects and town are really beautiful!
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    I've not seen anything in it that gets me over the inherent issues with Sims 4. But given time and a sale I may change my mind.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I like LGR's take on it: If you're dissatisfied with Sims 4 game play and have issues with it, the new expansion pack probably won't solve your issues. But if you kind of like the game, the new expansion pack will more than likely make it enjoyable.

If you hold out, you might want to wait til it goes on sale. And then again, you might get it as a gift, you never know. Be aware though, that if you buy the game or someone buys it for you in a box...all you get is a code, because this is strictly a digital download.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I like LGR's take on it: If you're dissatisfied with Sims 4 game play and have issues with it, the new expansion pack probably won't solve your issues. But if you kind of like the game, the new expansion pack will more than likely make it enjoyable.

If you hold out, you might want to wait til it goes on sale. And then again, you might get it as a gift, you never know. Be aware though, that if you buy the game or someone buys it for you in a box...all you get is a code, because this is strictly a digital download.

The UK have a disk version.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    That's no help to those who don't live in the UK, though.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I would say absolutely yes. I experienced the same thing. TS4 is fun for a bit but then.. blah. Sims kind of just live. They watch TV, cook, shower, sleep. Their interaction with each other is minimal (in the base game for example.) The only "fun" thing to do together is multitask.. cooking and talking.. drinking and talking. But in GT they can actually DO something together.

I had one household that I made just for GTW and played it for a little while but then got bored. With GT it was rejuvenated! I had a single father who was a big family man but his teenage daughter (who is now a joy to play with!) is preoccupied with her friends and he's lonely. I made him join a club of work friends and when they come over to drink and play cards they actually interact together!! It's not just inviting people over so they can wander off and you find them at midnight in the master bath taking a soak.

I've had the game for a few days and played for a few hours and I haven't even explored HALF the game. I've just been playing existing families (haven't even gone to Windenberg yet!) but I can't wait to build in the gorgeous town and play the venues!

I would say it's the best expansion of TS4 by a long shot. Even if you are not at all interested in groups, the objects and town are really beautiful!

Thank you, this was very helpful.
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

Thanks for your input.

I would probably download it, I live in the US but not having a box doesn't bother me personally.
  • Options
    Sarduchi wrote: »
    I've not seen anything in it that gets me over the inherent issues with Sims 4. But given time and a sale I may change my mind.
    Candyr277 wrote: »
    It is worth getting in my opinion. I never treated the Sims like the only game in my queue. It is one I come back to now and again which helps to keep it fresh for me. The EP has new things "to do" if you want to do them. So make a club or join one, get some meetings going and explore the new areas and venues. Sims will now call you to go check out parties and lots and such. It is a vast improvement.

Edited because grammar matters.

Are clubs something that really impacts gameplay or is it more of a storytelling thing? Such as, if you have a book club, do they actually all have interests related to books (i.e. nerdy, like to write, etc) or is it more for you to imagine that they are like that? Or, if there is a popular club, are they all friendly and really social or is that more imagined?
  • Options
    ameekabrambleameekabramble Posts: 190 Member
    Yes, they definitely impact gameplay. You can make a book club, and make requirements for the sims to join it, such as a trait you want them to have, or a skill level of writing. You can make up to 5 requirements for joining. Then you can say, club members will do these things when having a meeting, read, be nice to each other, be mean to the people in the video gaming club, etc. And you can set 5 activities you want them to do, and you can also set up 5 things you forbid them to do. Each club can have up to 8 members (wish it was larger number... i guess there is already a mod to adjust that, but i play mod and cc free.)
    Origin ID: libraryrose4
  • Options
    Yes, they definitely impact gameplay. You can make a book club, and make requirements for the sims to join it, such as a trait you want them to have, or a skill level of writing. You can make up to 5 requirements for joining. Then you can say, club members will do these things when having a meeting, read, be nice to each other, be mean to the people in the video gaming club, etc. And you can set 5 activities you want them to do, and you can also set up 5 things you forbid them to do. Each club can have up to 8 members (wish it was larger number... i guess there is already a mod to adjust that, but i play mod and cc free.)

Thanks so much for your thoughts :)
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    Yes, This is truly the one to buy
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Worth it and I am hard to please
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    Yes it worth it and I am hard to please too.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Worth it and I'm never pleased by anything.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    worth it at 50% off. It came off to me more as a gamepack than an expansion pack.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Definetly worth it imo.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Worth it! <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg