Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do people already have Get Together?

Ugh I'm kind of mad because I'm seeing all of these videos go up on YouTube and I have to wait almost three more hours to download! How are they getting it already?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    rbubbles wrote: »
    Ugh I'm kind of mad because I'm seeing all of these videos go up on YouTube and I have to wait almost three more hours to download! How are they getting it already?

They did just have an event wherein they allowed people to test the game. There was an embargo keeping them from giving too much away until a certain date. This is probably what you're seeing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I connected to a vpn in singapore, which made origin think I was in singapore and allowed me to start downloading.
    Since Im in sweden, I couldnt just disconnect and keep downloading, but I could connect to a vpn closer to me, like NY.
    When the game was downloaded, I disconnected from the vpn and the game works like a charm. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited December 2015
    itsug wrote: »
    I connected to a vpn in singapore, which made origin think I was in singapore and allowed me to start downloading.
    Since Im in sweden, I couldnt just disconnect and keep downloading, but I could connect to a vpn closer to me, like NY.
    When the game was downloaded, I disconnected from the vpn and the game works like a charm. :)

Smart. I live in Singapore, and I got it quite early. Technically, it came out at 1am our time on the 8th which is around 9am PST, 7th Dec.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    I'm annoyed as hell. Why do I have to wait until December 9 at 7:00PM?
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    rbubbles wrote: »

Different time zones. It comes out midnight Eastern on the 8th, which is 10pm Arizona time, so I'm downloading now. I'm not sure how it works in other countries, in regards to release times.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »

At least you'll probably get to download...I'm not even getting the option to download.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    And I have to wait until the 10th!! For something that can be digitally downloaded! Even though I wont be buying it yet, but still it should be available everywhere at the same time :(
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2015

I'm in the UK. I started downloading with Korean VPN but disconnected straight away. It's nearly finished downloading now. I mainly want it now because I have Wednesday off but have to work 3-10pm on Thursday :p (and I sleep late because I work evenings)

ETA: It finished while I was typing. Can't play now though cos I'll end up too absorbed and be late for work... But after... Ooooh, yes.

b3e02c64b0.png
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I'm in the UK. I started downloading with Korean VPN but disconnected straight away. It's nearly finished downloading now. I mainly want it now because I have Wednesday off but have to work 3-10pm on Thursday :p (and I sleep late because I work evenings)

ETA: It finished while I was typing. Can't play now though cos I'll end up too absorbed and be late for work... But after... Ooooh, yes.

b3e02c64b0.png

I did the same as you in the early hours of the morning
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »

I have to wait until dec 10th or more because I will order the physical copy cause is 5 bucks cheaper lol
  • Options
    efaspaceefaspace Posts: 85 Member
    It's silly to me that it isn't available at the same time everywhere, EA just like to annoy us haha! I have to wait until tomorrow still, I'm from the UK but I'm hoping it'll be available for download at midnight tonight although I'm not sure.....how do you know the exact time it is released?
  • Options
    BowserBoy10BowserBoy10 Posts: 74 Member
    edited December 2015
    > @EmmaVane said:
    > itsug wrote: »
    >
    > I connected to a vpn in singapore, which made origin think I was in singapore and allowed me to start downloading.
    > Since Im in sweden, I couldnt just disconnect and keep downloading, but I could connect to a vpn closer to me, like NY.
    > When the game was downloaded, I disconnected from the vpn and the game works like a charm. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm in the UK. I started downloading with Korean VPN but disconnected straight away. It's nearly finished downloading now. I mainly want it now because I have Wednesday off but have to work 3-10pm on Thursday :p (and I sleep late because I work evenings)
    >
    > ETA: It finished while I was typing. Can't play now though cos I'll end up too absorbed and be late for work... But after... Ooooh, yes.

That's weird, I live in Ireland and I tried to use a Korean VPN, but it still says "Available December 7 2015 15:00". I don't know why it's not downloading
  • Options
    angelseyeangelseye Posts: 15 Member
    I downloaded it via vpn and it worked well but when I'm ingame it stops at the plumbob after choosing my family :(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    fabuulouis wrote: »
    It's silly to me that it isn't available at the same time everywhere, EA just like to annoy us haha! I have to wait until tomorrow still, I'm from the UK but I'm hoping it'll be available for download at midnight tonight although I'm not sure.....how do you know the exact time it is released?

23.00 on 9th December in the uk I get from my Get Together inf. Yours might be different but just press your info button for the EP on the Origin panel.
  • Options
    angelseye wrote: »
    I downloaded it via vpn and it worked well but when I'm ingame it stops at the plumbob after choosing my family :(

I think after you use vpn you have to turn it off after you boot up the game.

• Options
    > @Misskermit99 said:
    > angelseye wrote: »
    >
    > I downloaded it via vpn and it worked well but when I'm ingame it stops at the plumbob after choosing my family :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think after you use vpn you have to turn it off after you boot up the game.

tried it in the main menu, doesn't work. could you please tell me when I'll have to disconnect the vpn? I'm trying this my first time :/
  • Options
    > @Misskermit99 said:
    > angelseye wrote: »
    >
    > I downloaded it via vpn and it worked well but when I'm ingame it stops at the plumbob after choosing my family :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think after you use vpn you have to turn it off after you boot up the game.

tried it in the main menu, doesn't work. could you please tell me when I'll have to disconnect the vpn? I'm trying this my first time :/

Now I'm no pro haha. I got this from a website I was using. Use the VPN to download, turn the VPN off while downloading so it can download faster. Then when it's done downloading, turn the VPN back on to start the game, and after the game has started turn the VPN back off :) Hope this helps.

• Options
    so I don't know what I'm doing wrong 'cause it's installed and I can't play either turning vpn off directly after the start or after loading to the main menu. thank you anyway, I'll try and try and try...
  • Options
    so I don't know what I'm doing wrong 'cause it's installed and I can't play either turning vpn off directly after the start or after loading to the main menu. thank you anyway, I'll try and try and try...

Might be to do with an unrelated bug. I haven't started game since I got GT, cos of work. Will test it without and with (if needed) VPN when I get home. This is my first try with a VPN too, as I usually wait for sales. I got around a third off the price pre-ordwr this time though.
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member

that's weird it works for me and I disconnected the vpn after I loaded it
  • Options
    > Might be to do with an unrelated bug. I haven't started game since I got GT, cos of work. Will test it without and with (if needed) VPN when I get home. This is my first try with a VPN too, as I usually wait for sales. I got around a third off the price pre-ordwr this time though.

Oh my god! I finally found out what happened! And although I know what the problem was I am really sad now because one of my favourite mods prevented the game from jumping into live mode!!! Nooooo :unamused: It's the "Larger Interaction Queue", Holly Ridge/MTS. I didn't take all my downloads out of the game the whole day because the game started as normal as usually. Hope this will help someone too with the same problem. And I hope someone will update the mod because the creator didn't until now...
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    calm down I have to wait till friday -_-
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »

23.00 on 9th December in the uk I get from my Get Together inf. Yours might be different but just press your info button for the EP on the Origin panel.

11pm in the evening? That's ridiculous why are they releasing it that late when people will be going to bed?
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Ben1010 wrote: »
    Mchap353 wrote: »

11pm in the evening? That's ridiculous why are they releasing it that late when people will be going to bed?

Not really, it came out here midnight last night. It's called a midnight release, I'm sure it'll be out somewhere over there at midnight
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    I only needed the VPN to unlock at the start of downloading. It opened/played without using the VPN.