Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want for the next expansion pack?

Tell me what you all would like to see for the next expansion pack! :)

I personally would want a seasons or generations type pack...

If you can't think of any expansions, what about game packs or stuff packs?
Happy simming!

o9NSnDe.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ibenengbergibenengberg Posts: 79 Member
    I would like Pets, Generations, University and Seasons <3
    My Wishlist: Best Friend hug, Generations, University, Seasons, Vacations, Private School, Funerals, Cemeteries, Walk up the aisle in the wedding and ask your sims friends to be best man, maid of honor, bridesmaid or pastor if they are engaged.
  • Options
    Girlysims22Girlysims22 Posts: 88 Member
    @ibenengberg, same here lol I just hope they gear towards adding more family game play instead of adding a bunch of new skills (even though they are fun)
    Happy simming!

o9NSnDe.jpg
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Well, I obviously want Seasons and Pets, but I also think something like Generations is something the game desperately needs right now.

If not that, I wouldn't mind a Game Pack focused on another vacation destination like Island Paradise or maybe Winter inspired, perhaps like The Sims 1 Vacation, as for Expansion Pack, something among the lines of Apartment Life/Restaurants/HotDate/Late Night.
  • Options
    charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    Generations ,Seasons or Supernatural
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • Options
    ibenengbergibenengberg Posts: 79 Member
    > @Girlysims22 said:
    > @ibenengberg, same here lol I just hope they gear towards adding more family game play instead of adding a bunch of new skills (even though they are fun)

Exactly I love playing families and I miss the University life!
    My Wishlist: Best Friend hug, Generations, University, Seasons, Vacations, Private School, Funerals, Cemeteries, Walk up the aisle in the wedding and ask your sims friends to be best man, maid of honor, bridesmaid or pastor if they are engaged.
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    University would be amazing! I really really really want seasons and pets but I think those are honestly better suited to game packs. Same with apartment life. I really don't care about the generations addition and if that's the next one, I'll honestly be a little disappointed.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    edited December 2015
    I would say looking back to the Sims 3, World Adventures was an incredible expansion pack, probably the best in many ways. THREE new worlds, with some beautiful scenery, huge amounts of new gameplay and lots of cool themed items too. :) Would LOVE to see that one back in the Sims 4- could be incredible (though I don't think they've put as much effort as they did for that one into any of the Sims packs so far- so it looks unlikely).

Other cool packs were things which added new building potential- Skyscrapers could be really cool in the Sims 4 if done right (Late Night variation would be great) and also I really liked Island Paradise, although perhaps that one isn't really needed yet.

Other than that Seasons would be great- for no real reason other than the fact that Seasons are AMAZING :p. Something I've really missed when making screenshots etc.

A lot of people like the Generations-type expansion pack; but for me (as not really a player, and more of a builder) it was by far the worst of the Sims 3 Expansion packs and really a waste of money. It had no new world, almost nothing to aid building/ new creative design and not a lot of great furniture (although some nice clutter I guess) and added very little in terms of exciting features to the game.

If they were to remake a Generations-type game, I'd really like it to have some kind of features which enhance building (and furnishing as well)- anything like cliff lots, beaches, building onto the sea, skyscrapers etc. would be really cool. That way you could at least make both players and builders happy :).

In Conclusion, I'd say something like:

1. World Adventures
    2. Seasons
    3. Island Paradise/ Late Night

In terms of Stuff/Game packs; even though they aren't necessarily gameplay intensive (although maybe they could be) I'd love to see some of these:

Game Pack: Fast Lane (-esque pack) (perhaps with the ability to build a racing track lot- with sports cars).

Stuff Pack: Diesel Stuff, or something similar- minimalist, fashionable, modern furniture would be really cool- kind of like how people make their CC sometimes.

Stuff Pack: Art Gallery (more Paintings + Modern Art) More artwork would be really cool- always feels like a lacking feature for me (particularly in HUGE houses- which I like to build sometimes :p)
  • Options
    @TheMatteo0 That's a good point! I don't think i would want a generations expansion pack, maybe just an update for all that creates toddlers and more family stuff because when i play i like to build families. But I do agree that world adventures as waaaaay underrated! I mean the paris world was incredible i always wished i could've lived in it!!

I think my number one would be seasons because i think it adds such a realistic quality to the game, and i'd be down for some more skyscraper apartments in a late night type expansion!
    Happy simming!

o9NSnDe.jpg
  • Options
    bluebythebookbluebythebook Posts: 65 Member
    I've made these points before, but WA was hands down my favorite Sims 3 EP. I loved the worlds, tomb exploration, objects, townies, foods... everything. Especially the adventures that chained together in a couple different worlds, like the Jean Necteaux nectar recipe one. Every single Sim I made in Sims 3 went on vacations and maxed their Visas in all 3 countries.

After that, Supernatural because I miss witches and vampires! The Halloween costumes that were just released were too Disney-cheesy for my tastes. I also think we need something along the lines of Generations to appease people that want family style play, and that they also need to add weather. A Generations + Seasons pack could work well.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I'd really want that Metropolis pack that they talked about on the survey. I really want apartments, huge urban neighborhoods, and we could even get little districts like Chinatown for all you World Adventure fans!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Pristine42784Pristine42784 Posts: 48 Member
    Clearly everyone wants the beloved expansions of the past and I am sure we will all be looking forward to the changes that can come to pets, university, and supernatural, but I have something I have been thinking about a lot lately as I play the Sims. I think this will tie in very well with the current direction you guys are taking the Sims. I think that a good game pack, maybe not necessarily as large as an expansion pack, would be a Family edition. I think that enhancing family time game play would help perpetuate an increase in family values. I think you could break down parenting and give additional options on how you interact with your kids and other family members. I also think that a aura that could be added would loving or lovable. I love being able to change moods. I love that flirty and focused and playful are all options but what about loving or lovable. Not necessarily I want to flirt but maybe I need a cuddle with my mom. Sometimes a mom just needs to cuddle with their little ones. I think that there should be a parenting skill and more to do with babies. More toys inside and out, and more options for family activities. Family activities that teach skills from parent to child.
  • Options
    WitchessPancakesWitchessPancakes Posts: 209 Member
    I would like to see seasons, something involving magic, and toddlers.
    The oranges of the Island are like blazing fire Amongst the emerald boughs- And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover- Who has spent the night crying... -Mohammed Ibn Omar-
  • Options
    SnowhazeSnowhaze Posts: 8 New Member
    I'd like something that added restaurants and more places to visit, a chance to create community lots that have no specific designation, and a town without the extra buildings you can't visit. It's disappointing to look at something you can't get to. Better yet, a town without buildings at all, not even in the background, would be great.
  • Options
    AviendhaRSAviendhaRS Posts: 268 Member
    Demons, vampires, non-hipster themed clothes, expansion of GTW where you can go to school and all the other jobs, color wheel for CAS, cats and dogs, we have death so why can't we choose like 2 or 3 sims that could be Gods: for instance they'd be immortal and be able to grant emotional boosts etc to other sims.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Family themed, Seasons, Super naturals and Pets in that order.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    zhaoyiran183zhaoyiran183 Posts: 42 Member
    I prefer Pets! I extremely longing for an adorable cat playing with my sims!
  • Options
    I'd really want that Metropolis pack that they talked about on the survey. I really want apartments, huge urban neighborhoods, and we could even get little districts like Chinatown for all you World Adventure fans!

I really like a different neighborhoods of an urban city idea!
    Happy simming!

o9NSnDe.jpg
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Generations. Also on generations, add different places you could get married at. Like a church, on the beach, etc. Also on generations, add family reunions, baby showers and funerals when someone passes away.
  • Options
    @nessatay1920 I like that idea, i love a good beach wedding, in the meantime there are a ton of church lots on the gallery that you can get married in! :)

Happy simming!

o9NSnDe.jpg
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Pets, Seasons and something with Vampires (the good kind. No suncream that makes them sparcle, please).
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    @nessatay1920 I agree. It could be a great way how to return toddlers to the game and also a way to make teens differ from adults (acne for example. Because at this moment, the only thing that seperates them from adults is school and more naive-ish flirting activities).
  • Options
    babyroo1111babyroo1111 Posts: 35 Member
    edited December 2015
    I would love Generations and University, especially if they combined that into one huge expansion pack. I mean, going to university is typically a part of growing up, so it's not illogical for it to be combined with generations. I really hope in generations they add toddlers and pre-teens. Pre-teens would at least help ease the weirdness of regular teens being the same height as young adults and adults, since they probably can't change the teen's set height now. A pre-teen would be taller than a child, but shorter than a teen/YA/adult.

Of course I want Seasons and Pets, but I know those take a long time to make, so I'm not expecting either of them to come out at least for another year.

I did also love Supernatural, so I'd like to see that again; especially Bonehilda, she was my favourite part of that EP.

Another thing that could be in an expansion pack- or a patch, I just really want this feature- is for same-sex sim couples to be able to get pregnant without the use of mods. It could fit into Generations, too, starting a family and whatnot. I hate being dependent on mods for same-sex pregnancies because I love having lesbian heiresses for my legacies and such and with new patches I have to uninstall my mod and wait until it gets updated and that's frustrating.
  • Options
    irishgurl2978irishgurl2978 Posts: 267 Member
    Pets or seasons.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Get Party, Get Dancing, Get Juiced, Get Woohoo, Get Young Adult, Get Get. I can see it now.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    What I want next, idk and don't really care because there's nothing I really, really, want that would be done so soon. What I really want...

Pets! But I wonder the likelihood that horses will make a come back...I did not have TS3 and that's the only aspect I regret missing :( so I hope they're at all possible to do well enough.

And seasons of course.