Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to see more customisable Food?

Would anyone want to see more customisation in terms of things gameplay wise like Food? I think it was pretty awesome how the Ice Cream from Cool Kitchen Stuff was customisable with different Garnishes and Toppings, I personally found it more enjoyable because of that.

I'd love to see Pizza added with the ability to customise the Crust, Base, Sauce and Toppings, perhaps even Serving Size?(Small(1), Medium(4), Large(8), Extra Large(16) - Would be cool if we started getting larger portions of Food).
Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes, being a foodie myself, I would love that. Wasn't it in the Sims 2, which you could kick it up a notch with food quality? I'd love to be able to add herbs to whatever foods to improve the quality of them or to make something spicy or sour.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited December 2015
    Short answer: Yes.

I like that there are so many options for food. It's not really the most important thing, but I enjoy customization in general, and so that makes it that much more enjoyable. And with the retail stores it really helps define what kind of shop I'm running. I really wish we had the toll booth and restaurants ;(.

Speaking of pizza, they need to let us make home made pizza already! Then I don't have to worry about the pizza man/woman leaving my pizza for the ants when I don't catch them in time. >.>
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I would love to see more food items in game, even if it's just CC. I love having variety for my sims. It'd be really neat if you could combine ingredients to make your own stuff, I would make a lot of weird cupcakes.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I just remembered we can Decorate Cakes xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    This would be lovely! Hoping this would come along with a restaurant pack of some sort. Not only could you visit a wide variety of restaurant types, you could also run your own and customize the food! Perfect.
  • Options
    Linamints wrote: »
    I would love to see more food items in game, even if it's just CC. I love having variety for my sims. It'd be really neat if you could combine ingredients to make your own stuff, I would make a lot of weird cupcakes.

Oh yes! It would be really cool to also cook Harvestables individually too like make Potatoes into Mashed Potatoes or Boiled Potatoes etc. Perhaps if we can't make our own recipes, the alternative could be hidden Recipes where we'd try to figure how to make something by testing with different combinations of Ingredients.
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Yes! I want an option to dip french fries into icecream! Make this simmers wish come true! :o we need more variety~
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »

I like that there are so many options for food. It's not really the most important thing, but I enjoy customization in general, and so that makes it that much more enjoyable. And with the retail stores it really helps define what kind of shop I'm running. I really wish we had the toll booth and restaurants ;(.

Speaking of pizza, they need to let us make home made pizza already! Then I don't have to worry about the pizza man/woman leaving my pizza for the ants when I don't catch them in time. >.>

It'd be lovely to have more Venues and Objects that we can sell Food with, especially if we get free reign over them, as in if you can run your own Restaurant, I'd love that <3 As for the Pizza, hopefully we get a Pizza Oven added soon, what kinds of customisation for the Pizza would you like to see? I'd love it if the Pizza Delivery people would be able to have a custom Pizza Order too!
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yes, being a foodie myself, I would love that. Wasn't it in the Sims 2, which you could kick it up a notch with food quality? I'd love to be able to add herbs to whatever foods to improve the quality of them or to make something spicy or sour.

I believe so! So far 'Flavourize' is the only thing that increases the Quality of food I think. Would be cool for Herbs to have more uses, kind of makes me feel bad for the Flowers that so far don't really have more than a single use :o
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The Sims 4 did open the door to more Pizza options when ordering over the phone. Even though there are currently only two options (Pepperoni and Bacon), I don't see why they can't add more. If anyone remembers the pizza oven in The Sims 3 (it came with the Monte Vista world), there were a lot of options. It would be cool to see them return in Sims 4... maybe even the pizza oven will make a comeback! :)
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I like your pizza idea.
  • Options
    That reminds me, I really did enjoy having a pizza oven in the Sims 2.
    http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=29720&id=2298
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Yes! I want an option to dip french fries into icecream! Make this simmers wish come true! :o we need more variety~

That would be interesting xD I can just see a Sim eating a Taco Shell with Cake inside.... would be cool to see more combination foods imo xD
  • Options
    The Sims 4 did open the door to more Pizza options when ordering over the phone. Even though there are currently only two options (Pepperoni and Bacon), I don't see why they can't add more. If anyone remembers the pizza oven in The Sims 3 (it came with the Monte Vista world), there were a lot of options. It would be cool to see them return in Sims 4... maybe even the pizza oven will make a comeback! :)

Oh yes, it's one of the reasons I got Monte Visto, the Pizza Oven was a nice touch imo. I'd love to see some variety with the Pizza Oven too, like a more modern version and a more old-fashioned version, perhaps even a Chef's hat to compliment? :3
  • Options
    I would really love the food processor to return, that way I can combine spices with that and add it into the food. It would be nice if I could add spices more to coffee and tea as well. So I would like more customisable food and drinks.
  • Options
    I would really love the food processor to return, that way I can combine spices with that and add it into the food. It would be nice if I could add spices more to coffee and tea as well. So I would like more customisable food and drinks.

Would be cool to be able to grow Spices(are Spices grown? XD) would love some Moodlets like 'Sweet' if you add Sugar to a Food, 'Salty' if you add Salt to a Food and 'Spicy' if you add Spice to a Food, it could make a Sim Happy or Uncomfortable :3
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Would be cool to be able to grow Spices(are Spices grown? XD) would love some Moodlets like 'Sweet' if you add Sugar to a Food, 'Salty' if you add Salt to a Food and 'Spicy' if you add Spice to a Food, it could make a Sim Happy or Uncomfortable :3
    Yes that would be cool. Sims can grow some spices like basil. But nice idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

It'd be lovely to have more Venues and Objects that we can sell Food with, especially if we get free reign over them, as in if you can run your own Restaurant, I'd love that <3 As for the Pizza, hopefully we get a Pizza Oven added soon, what kinds of customisation for the Pizza would you like to see? I'd love it if the Pizza Delivery people would be able to have a custom Pizza Order too!

With pizza in real life I'm a fan of pepperoni, black olives, sausage, bell peppers, ect. But I think I want the option to make the crust out of cinnamon sticks, and make "fun" pizzas. Like cinnabon crust, chocolate sauce, M&ms, and ice cream on top lol.
    http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=29720&id=2298

@Scobre Wait, is that a mod? I don't think I've ever see that object before. If so, where did you find it, if not, what is it under. Lol
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    In Sims 2 for console there was a recipe system - I forgot how it worked exactly. But since forever I wanted to be able to grow veggies/fruits and be able to make specific recipes from those. I was hoping with spooky stuff we'd be able to grow pumpkins and make pumpkin pie/cookies/soup etc.
    I'd also love to see favorites return for food but going off topic. Yes I'd love anything dealing with food.
  • Options
    @Scobre Wait, is that a mod? I don't think I've ever see that object before. If so, where did you find it, if not, what is it under. Lol
    The updated version I think can be found here. http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/files/file/2298-pcsims-pizza-oven-updated-and-repaired/ The Sims 3 store had a pizza oven too.
  • Options
    The updated version I think can be found here. http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/files/file/2298-pcsims-pizza-oven-updated-and-repaired/ The Sims 3 store had a pizza oven too.

Thanks for the link. ;) And I have the oven with S3, I really love it and Monte Vista lol.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    Yes that would be cool. Sims can grow some spices like basil. But nice idea.

Oh, I forgot Basil was a Spice, here I am learning how to Cook and yet I don't have basic knowledge over Spices xD thanks!
  • Options

With pizza in real life I'm a fan of pepperoni, black olives, sausage, bell peppers, ect. But I think I want the option to make the crust out of cinnamon sticks, and make "fun" pizzas. Like cinnabon crust, chocolate sauce, M&ms, and ice cream on top lol.

I love Pepperoni Pizza and I love your idea for fun Pizzas, although I think they're real and some are called Candy Pizzas like this:

dc0cfbc2-e061-4981-833f-183dc90e3756.jpg

Nonetheless I would love Fun Pizzas :3
  • Options
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    In Sims 2 for console there was a recipe system - I forgot how it worked exactly. But since forever I wanted to be able to grow veggies/fruits and be able to make specific recipes from those. I was hoping with spooky stuff we'd be able to grow pumpkins and make pumpkin pie/cookies/soup etc.
    I'd also love to see favorites return for food but going off topic. Yes I'd love anything dealing with food.

I hope we get Pumpkin Seeds, it would be nice to make Recipes that were primarily made from what we can harvest from our Gardens :3 it would be easier to make Vegan and Vegetarian Sims that way and I'd also love to see Favorites return, they could get special Moodlets depending on whether they ate their favorite or least favorite Foods or not.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if it's possible for Modders to make Food? Cause I was hoping that Cool Kitchen's Ice Cream Maker would have Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, unless I keep missing it? :o