Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Autonomous Woohoo

This has just started in my game tonight. So it's likely the results of the latest patch. My sim and his wife are autonomously woohooing every few minutes in the game when they are in a flirty mood. After a few minutes of this, I don't know if I'm really into my sim and his wife woohooing on their own that much. So far they have woohooed in their sauna twice, and in their rocket ship once.
Question though: Does the hot pink lightning bolt mean anything in the game when a couple is woohooing or is it just game effect like the hot pink hearts? I had witnessed a hot pink lightning bolt strike my sim and his gorgeous wife right when they were about to finish woohooing in their sauna. And the bolt of lightning came from a small grey cloud that was in the sauna.

Comments

• Options
    keaddy117keaddy117 Posts: 8 New Member
    My couple woohoo'd in the sauna on their own tonight, also. First time I've ever seen that. I don't mind as long as it's just woohoo and not Try for Baby...lol.
  • Options
    mookie1981mookie1981 Posts: 189 Member
    yes my sims woohoo'd in their bed by themselves. I'm glad to know its not just me and this is happening in some other people's game.
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I hope this is a bug.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'm gonna be one of the players who isn't sure how I feel about this. It so depends on all of the parameters ... No T4B... and other things. XD
  • Options
    seminaricardoseminaricardo Posts: 244 Member
    edited December 2015
    My couple woohoo'ed twice in the sauna! They did it once, then after 2 Sim hours, they did again! They were both in flirty moods! No mods here for my game. I actually like it....these sneaky, sneaky Sims...
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited December 2015
    @sunman502 the lightning bolt is just an animation that is there for when your sims are particularly enjoying themselves... so to speak. It should only be present with sauna woohoo.

I think it's so cool that sims can woohoo autonomously now. Makes my sims more real. Nice.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited December 2015
    For some reason I just think it's funny, but I haven't played live mode enough post-patch to notice anything. I play with so many sims, I could really care less if the parents are woohooing some where. That being said, I understand why some "stricter" players get upset over this.

And this is why we should always have options to better shape the sim world we play with. /shrug but, I don't know when Maxis is going to understand that. We all play so differently, there's just no way to please us all, but at least with different autonomy options we could make things better suited for individual play styles. I guess it must be time consuming to code, idk.

As for all the hearts and animations and things. Depending on where they woohoo it's a bit different (from what I can tell) and it seems to change slightly depending on how "good" "it" is.

(Though, if it's literally happening every few seconds or minutes, I can see that as being a bug, but who knows.)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    As long as the population cap doesn't spike out of control :D
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Some people may like it now, but I bet after awhile, it'll start getting old and annoying.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I'm already upset by the fact that my couples constantly flirt with other sims when I'm playing a different family. Will they now be woohooing randomly with others?
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited December 2015
    This could certainly ruin a lot of people's stories, because from what I've read it seems to be happening rather indiscriminately.

I just created a married couple today, Allison and Warren. Allison is both Jealous and a Serial Romantic. The idea is that she's cheating on him left and right, while agonizing over the idea that he could potentially be cheating on her while she's out with some other guy. That's a lot of potential for amusing melodrama, there! And it would all be ruined if right when she sat down for dinner with Warren, one of her lovers dropped by and she autonomously got up from the table to go to the bedroom with him right in front of her husband.
  • Options
    ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    I had a spontaneous woohoo today. I'm all for it, as long as players can override the activity.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Yeah, it's happened to me too. Bella and Mortimer woohooed right off the bat as soon as I started their new save. Then later, when Bella was cheating on Mortimer (Sorry Mort), they autonomously woohooed right in front of him! Ruined my storyline.
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    LOL. Well, when I was playing yesterday, Bob and Eliza Pancakes came to visit me. Once they went inside my house, they went to my bedroom and started to woohoo in my bed........................ #weirderstories.

Yeah, don't really like that. Your own sims beds should be out-of-bounds for townie sims to woohoo in. I used to think it was pretty funny watching townie sims in TS3 woohooing in the photo booth but visitors in my sims bed... :/ It's not like you could really cancel that interaction as you obviously don't control townies.

I guess I'll have to see that in one of my games to really know how I feel about that but I don't think I'm going to like it. I guess I'll have to start using door locks.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    I like the idea of more autonomy but this seems like the kind of things I might wanna wait till it's tweaked a bit more. Think there'll be a patch with the release on Thursday?
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Some people may like it now, but I bet after awhile, it'll start getting old and annoying.

I think it will only get annoying if it is happening way too often. I think once in a while, fine, especially as I can always cancel the interaction if I don't want my sims to that. But if it is happening too often then I don't want to feel like I'm having to 'fight' to get my sims to do what I want them to do.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2015
    LOL. Well, when I was playing yesterday, Bob and Eliza Pancakes came to visit me. Once they went inside my house, they went to my bedroom and started to woohoo in my bed........................ #weirderstories.
    And according to some that's realistic. Glad I don't have friends like that in real life :D

ETA: in fact, great example this, because this is exactly not the kind of behaviour that suits Bob and Eliza for me. They seem like the 'married for a million years, him not getting any anymore' kind of couple. Them behaving like that would just spoil that image and yes, I mind.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Bahahahaha!!! I love any stories with the Pancakes household. There is always something strange happening with either one of them :D
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    It happened to my sims too. They just all the sudden got in bed and woohooed. Not sure what to think of this right now. I like the idea of sims doing auto woohoo but it could become a problem if theres a sim not being faithful. They might do woohoo in front of their other lover instead of them trying to hide it like you would think they would do.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

Did your sims sterilize their bed after that? Haha!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Goody, another thing to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off simmers who prefer to have more control in their games. :unamused:

Doesn't seem like a bad idea in theory, but EA has always been bad at gauging things like this. Pretty sure they'll overdo it and it'll just become annoying. Like the random sims calling for dates in TS3. :confounded:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes, it has been happening a lot to my own Sims as well! I'm not sure if I should be happy or not about the fact that they don't try for baby autonomously as well.
  • Options
    TinyKhajiitTinyKhajiit Posts: 6 New Member
    The Pancakes woohoo'd in my tent twice....along with some other strange couple while they were over.